The Way "Punishments" are Handled

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Way "Punishments" are Handled

Post  GunpowderHater on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello everyone. Most of you here likely know me from a good while back. Others only recently, and let me tell you it's been all but a pleasure to return to this place to share a story with you all. Sadly, not all has been roses this past week. Whilst the vast majority has been welcoming of my person, and some old rivalries put to ash, new ones eventually rise up. We're all human and we don't always get along with others. But there is a huge issue when the one that you have a problem with is a Dungeon Master.

We are all aware of the current issue called the party xp bug, where we get the experience from other player's kills no matter where we are. This makes lower level PCs level up like crazy. It is also important to know it's rather easy and unavoidable to reach lvl 10 right now without breaking a sweat in less than an hour even without this bug.

Yet instead of being listened to when I presented this as a reason, I instead get deemed a "Farmer, exploiter, powerlever, metagamer" aswell as told "There are rules." By one DM we are all familiar with, Prinny C.

I'd trully wish to know first of all what is the current definition of farming. Because leveling up is Inherently farming xp, no matter what. Am I to understand we're strictly forbidden from lvling? I think not.

Second of all, I was told by Prinny himself it's forbidden to go to the Grigs. I saw no information on this. Yet I get treated like someone that knows everything around the house and know exactly what I did when all I have done is go to an area I've always gone to gain a few levels like a lot of players in the past. Mind you this is an area known to have monsters of impossible CR to beat at the level the grigs are made for, so it's always been a risk. I think this is the "fix" ODA spoke of. If adding CR 30 mobs to an area of CR 5 is a fix, then I really rest my case here..

Powerleveler? Well. Let's just say I am not the only one rising in levels fast as hell due to a well known bug. This leads us exactly to the same problem I exposed before: The party xp.

Metagamer. Apparently I "metagamed" knowing where to level! Well I have no idea what you guys think, but I think adventuring is hardly called metagaming. I had yet to be flamed for this one so it's a complete new thing to me and it not only surprised me but also made me chuckle untill I knew he was really being serious about it.

All in all, amidst a very angry me and a very assertive, authoritive Prinny, I got a delevling of exactly nineteen levels, going all the way back to lvl 5, where the current server's minimum starter is 4. All because I apparently did not know the area in question is off limits (There is no information on this or any means to enforce it IG) and because "I know what I did.", because I'm a cheater and "Cheaters always get caught. Remember that."
So much for ODA's request for DMs to calm down on the flaming I guess. Only thing I'm guilty of, is being victim of the same problem everyone is: aquiring party xp.

With all this stated, I'd just like to say I am severely disappointed with the way I am being treated. Several players know the areas I go to and they know I gain no more xp than they do. I am usually simply of lower level than they are which makes me catch up faster whenever they are elsewhere. If this is a crime, then please, start banning everyone. We are ALL guilty.

I am on the verge of quitting anew after this pittyful excuse of pseudo-Nazi behavior. I have no idea what will happen from here on, but I certainly will not shrug and ignore a very obvious problem when I see it. If this gets me banned, so be it, but if I get banned, then I do hope that the same treatment is handed exactly as it was presented to me to other fellow players.

Cheers,

Gun\Ymim

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Way "Punishments" are Handled

Post  BobbyBrown15 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Nicely put, and i would agree. If an area is offlimits, actually make it off limits, put a wall or something in the way like shar did with the campus when they found out it was causing so many problems.
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 522
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Nicely put, not nicely posted. Please edit the post immediately to take out the DM in questions name. This stuff is for private messages, and that alone.
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I am going to have to agree with dragon on this one... you make a wonderful and strong point but you really either need to tone down the temper or keep it in private channels. preferably both.

Now, i have never personally seen you farm, meta-game, exploit or power-level. i admit i thought you were using an exploit in the barn (which is the reason i spawned that npc to ask where you got the key) however that turned out to be legit and led to not only an interaction, but i also gained perspective on what you as a player thought was fair use of DMing.

On an end note. farming is when you go back to an aria over and over in a very short period to gain xp. (just to define it)
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  GunpowderHater on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 pm

I did not exploit anything at the barn. If my char has pick lock skill and the door is pickable, am i to blame for succeeding the DC? I was not aware it was a bug so my apologies. First time I'm hearing it was not supposed to be this way.

Gun

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:32 am

Which is a very short amount of Time Shar, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days?
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content