Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

roleplay XP

+3
DM Drachen
BobbyBrown15
sploenk
7 posters

Go down

roleplay XP Empty roleplay XP

Post  sploenk Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi,

On the pw i used to play we had a script, that would reward xp to players if they were...well...roleplaying. I was a designer and not a scripter so i have no idea how this would work. Anyways i'm suggesting this because there is no xp gained from killing monsters, so this might encourage pc's to play their role more, and keep em hungry Wink

Just adding my 2 cents

cheers
sploenk
sploenk
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Salino Mudenya
Race: Halfling
Overall Level: 36

Back to top Go down

roleplay XP Empty Re: roleplay XP

Post  BobbyBrown15 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 pm

xp has currently been disabled due to some difficulties, the DMs are awarding XP for the time being. at least thats what i heard
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm

BobbyBrown15 wrote:xp has currently been disabled due to some difficulties, the DMs are awarding XP for the time being. at least thats what i heard

Correct.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:27 am

It is correct, though I have no idea how to rate the XP given, they are nice due to the amount of the events for those who take part in a lot of them. I mean 500XP per minievent is decent to good I guess.
Yet those who do not have the time to be on often might get a bit...left behind, I mean specially pure roleplay roles like Bards who normally gain XP by singing and taverns and such, or maybe non combatant builds.
Those might be need to be better rewarded, or for other things outside events like telling stories, singing songs, doing "out of script" crafting and such.

Also maybe the DMs could consider making themselves a small monster XP chart, so they cannot only give XP for good RP but also for the monsters, does not have to be much but I believe it might have a positive effect to see the XP coming in in changing amounts.
It might gives a feeling of having done something, for I once got 500 XP in an event just by standing by ICly and was like "Uhm...what did I get that for?"

Just my constructive 2 cents^^
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:51 am

The scripts that give XP for RP are separate from the combat xp scripts. IIRC that portion is working, and you can test this by reading the text you get when you login with your PC - look for the XP for RP line (we total you XP for RP while you are online, and award that amount to you when you login next (thus tracking rp xp up to your logout, and awarding that all on your next login).

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Yes as Oda says, when you log on, the right message screen will tell you how much xp you recieved.
I have seen places that allow players to award rp xp which had a cap based on your level as well as how many players you could award to. There was a timer involved as well.
This would have been nice this weekend as there was an uber awesome mini event run by players only.

Also I hope the xp is dependent on level rather than class as that is a more even way, granted depending on what type of creature you fight and your skill, will make the determination how long the fight will last.

Example Levels
1-5 Boss skills will be related to those levels
6-10
11-15, etc.

So you could have the same spawns, but the difficulty and xp would be related to the level of fighter. If there are mixed levels fighting same creature then an average difficulty rating and xp.

The above is in relation to the normal game generated bosses, not bosses created by dms for events.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  autokilla Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

GM_ODA wrote:The scripts that give XP for RP are separate from the combat xp scripts. IIRC that portion is working, and you can test this by reading the text you get when you login with your PC - look for the XP for RP line (we total you XP for RP while you are online, and award that amount to you when you login next (thus tracking rp xp up to your logout, and awarding that all on your next login).

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

i have -never- actually gained any rp exp on any logins, and i do mean literally never, so i didnt even think this server had it...

autokilla
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Uglack
Race:
Overall Level: 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content