Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?!

4 posters

Go down

Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?! Empty Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?!

Post  Odins Daughter Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Um hi, i'm new I just tried to log onto your server but I couldn't and kept getting booted. I think I might be banned for some reason but my acc has no previous characters. My Acc is Odin's Daughter. And uh... ya please fix this pleasssssssse!
Odins Daughter
Odins Daughter

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?! Empty Re: Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?!

Post  BobbyBrown15 Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 pm

did you download the CEP?
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?! Empty Re: Banned or something or... I dunno?!?!?!

Post  Odins Daughter Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:10 am

I have cep 2.4
Odins Daughter
Odins Daughter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriniel Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 am

The system automatically boots PCs for following reasons:

- Server is still loading the module after an update/reset. (Try again in about 10-15 mins Very Happy)

- A different CDKey is being used for an existing player account (ie someone entered the name of an existing Player into the login box when first connecting to nwn, this on most servers would let you access that player's vault)

- A reconized CD Key is being used for someone else... (This seems the most lightly, there are online companies that sell nwn but give a temporary cdkey then email you the real one later... Or using a cdkey generator Evil or Very Mad )

- Yes its possible for DMs to ban a Player but you'd know if that was the case, banning is not done off handely...

Best bet is to check the nwclientLog in the nwn log folder, the autobooting (except module load) send messages to the player first, these would be in this log file.
Eriniel
Eriniel
Lead Scripter

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 am

Hello friend!,
There is one more possibility that may be keeping you out of the server. Did you get your copy of NWN from gog.com ??? They ship those with a 'default' cd key, and THAT would be 'already in use online' most of the time I'd wager. But you can get YOUR OWN KEY if you ask them for it.

This URL is where you do that:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

THANK you for visiting. I hope you will stay in touch and keep us updated on your progress. I hope to see you online soon friend!

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Odins Daughter Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 pm

uhm ya, So I checked the log it didn't say anything. And I bought my game in like '03 so the gog thing wouldn't apply. Aaaaaaand I tried to log in and it booted me again. I wanna try this place but I don't know if the game gods want me to Sad
Odins Daughter
Odins Daughter

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Is it possible you logged in here years ago under a different playername but the same cd key? IF so PM me the playername you were using back then and we'll see if we can make the systems connect that way. It is also possible that somewhere along the way you were hacked and others were able to access/use your cd key (tho less likely than the first scenario).

Any other clues you can send my way are appreciated.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

P.S. we'll figure this out, hang in there.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum