New PvP rules?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New PvP rules?

Post  anntari on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm

I think ArgentumRegio should use the same, or similar PvP rule as Arelith has...

This is their rule, copy and pasted right form their site.
Combat actions and political actions against other PC's (PvP) MUST BE INTERACTIVELY ROLE PLAYED. That means: you interact, they interact, BEFORE any battle occurs. No exceptions. If your character is killed by another PC (or vice versa), you must wait one realtime day before participating in PvP or interacting in any way with that PC or other hostile PCs from the battle unless both sides explicitly agree otherwise. You are always free to take flight from PvP. Having an opposite or evil alignment is not sufficient reason for PvP action. Before attacking another player the dislike state must be activated.
anntari
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Re: New PvP rules?

Post  DM Drachen on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:56 pm

I agree. I like these.
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I also like these rules.
I would like to suggest two (2) changes though.

1. Instead of a RL day, perhaps 3 RL hours. a day seems pushing it.

2. In order to allow things like assassination, sneak attacks etc. I would say that you can "Announce Hostile Intent" through an ooc means (party or a Tell). that way you can still catch the person off guard at some point, but both people will oocly know that an rp reason is behind it.

and yes... you STILL should need a GOOD IC reason
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm

I like the three hours and the OOC communication thing too.
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  anntari on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah id agree with those changes as well
anntari
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GunpowderHater on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 pm

This is something i tried to push for quite a few years ago. I am glad to see so many supporters of this ruleset. As for the time limit, it's quite irrelevant. It's actually there for a failsafe really. And I can explain why.

COnsider that you do not slike a certain player. It happens. We're not perfect. And you both indulge in a pvp situation. The bad blood will make it OOC. The 1 day rule is there to make sure these two people cool their heads. All others can simply agree that they're cool to interact with eachother without issues. I say we keep the 1 day rule, for these special cases. It's got the exception for people that view pvp as normal in Rp and have no bad blood after a possible loss.

Gun

Edit: Newyear. I'm tipsy. Corrected the typos.

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  anntari on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:44 pm

I agree a one day isnt bad, Simply because if the two partys agree they'll still RP more anyway. If both sides are calm, and had fun doing it there's no reason to say no, so they'll say yes. To the rest... if someone denies more PvP or RP with that person, it means people went about it wrong and someone wasn't having fun. So I dont really care what the time is, but id say no less than 3 hours and no more than a day
anntari
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GunpowderHater on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 pm

anntari wrote:I agree a one day isnt bad, Simply because if the two partys agree they'll still RP more anyway. If both sides are calm, and had fun doing it there's no reason to say no, so they'll say yes. To the rest... if someone denies more PvP or RP with that person, it means people went about it wrong and someone wasn't having fun. So I dont really care what the time is, but id say no less than 3 hours and no more than a day

Three hours generally isn't enough in these cases. Bad blood does run deep, and if we're saying they can legaly pvp eachother anew in 3 hours, we'd only have the exact same issue all over again every 3 hours or so. This is to be avoided. With a one day rule, the bad blood will still be there, but the grudge over the loss will possibly be gone, and players will have other things on their mind other than mincing up that player's character they hate so. It's a failsafe. it's worked wonders on Arelith. Modifying it to a shorter timespan would be ideal if it was obligatory, but we already say they can bypass this if they're cool with it, so I say we keep it 1 day, just for those extreme cases.

Gun

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:17 am

Shar wrote:I also like these rules.
I would like to suggest two (2) changes though.

1. Instead of a RL day, perhaps 3 RL hours. a day seems pushing it.

2. In order to allow things like assassination, sneak attacks etc. I would say that you can "Announce Hostile Intent" through an ooc means (party or a Tell). that way you can still catch the person off guard at some point, but both people will oocly know that an rp reason is behind it.

and yes... you STILL should need a GOOD IC reason

I agree. However I am guessing the time restrictions are for both parties involved? If it is then one rl day before the two involved can interact however they still should be allowed to play in game with others.
If the players involved feel it may be OOC then send a pm to a DM or oda.

Here are rules at another world I play

PLAYER VS PLAYER
•Make sure that, for any fight or combat situation, you have good role-play behind it. Remember, your RP actions have consequences. That means if you act like a jerk, you just might get yourself into a fight. The only way out of that is through more RP: back down, back out, or stand up and fight.

PLAYER GRIEF
Any blatant or persistent act to offend, harass, or generally make a player feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in the community is considered giving them "grief" and is punishable under the strike system. In certain cases, depending on the severity of the grief it could mean an instant ban.XXXXX is a community for all players to come and have fun and enjoy their time, and anyone who works to undermine that and ruin the spirit of this community for others is not welcome.

STAFF GRIEF
The staff, while devoted to bringing additional life and fun to the for the benefit of the players within it, are also, themselves, players. They too enjoy some time just playing as one of their characters and having fun. If a staff member is on as a regular character, then do not disturb them via in-game "tell" or otherwise about staff related topics or requests. When they are ready to perform their staff activities they will log in and do so. Respect their desire to play the same you would expect others to respect yours.

Three Strike System

We understand that mistakes may happen or that players will often try to get away with what they think they can get away with until they get caught doing it. Although we highly discourage this, and expect players of this community to follow the rules listed in this forum, we understand these things will happen and that is why we have a 3-strike system, which allows players to learn from past mistakes and improve.

Basically, when caught breaking one of our rules you will be given a "Strike" by an admin and it will be logged in a private forum. Upon receiving your third "Strike" for breaking rules you will be permanently banned. A strike expires one year from the date it was issued, however, so keep your nose clean and you get to start fresh again.

We hope this will not only discourage players from breaking the rules, which are in place to help better the community and keep it fun for everyone, but will also help them learn and give them an opportunity to make mistakes with out being harshly punished for an honest error in judgment.

Last edited by Animayhem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  anntari on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 am

Not a bad rule set either.. Btw, you replaced the name with XXX at the top, but you missed it on the bottom Razz

And yes, the 24hour thing in applies to both parties invovled
anntari
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 pm