Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchasing land

5 posters

Go down

Purchasing land Empty Purchasing land

Post  joo3 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Hey joo3 here, or more commonly known, Gemli Phasa the strange and over equipped dwarf Very Happy I have been on the server for a pretty long time and I wanted to know if it is possible for my character to ICly purchase a fort or maybe have one built. He definitely is not short on funds, carrying close to 812 million monetary units.
joo3
joo3
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Gemli Phasa
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 17

Back to top Go down

Purchasing land Empty Re: Purchasing land

Post  Badgers_Revolt Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 pm

State what you want built and where you want it. Send the specs to ODA or a DM. And, we can see what we can do. Be advised their are no guarantees, as buildings take quite a bit to get correct. And, we are in Beta so their is times where we get busy.

Badgers ^-^
Badgers_Revolt
Badgers_Revolt
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Elurin Ma'fent
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 am

Hello friend joo3,
Thank you for your inquery. We do offer POH (which is really leased) and we do make custom homes for PCs at PLAYER request.

The land in the region of Dohral is not generally available for purchase, but only LEASE. The dwarven clans 'own' the land and have leased it to Lord Dohral in exchange for certain considerations involving the lumber business Dohral is operating.

I am very open to adding HOUSES, with leased provisions but no fortress on the land near Dohral (The dwarves have the Eastern Citadel, and the City is a fort unto itself, likewise just west there is Humfoodale). This does not mean you cannot have a fort/castle, just that the location near Dohral would be unworkable. That said, there are many many isles you could take over one and build there if you like (e.g. we build a whole new isle for your use), or we could locate you on a remote bit of Brandolay Isle or even Vestalla? Do any of these locations suit your needs?

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  joo3 Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 am

Any of those options would suit fine. I find vestalla to be both dangerous and secluded which is exactly what I am looking for. As Gemli progresses as a character, his desire to forge a mark upon the land grows. As a fighter, a small outpost in vestalla would fit the bill to a tee.
joo3
joo3
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:01 am

Vestalla is at the moment improved by me as in Areas are made to be challenging and actually dangerous that some level 20 adventurers can get in serious trouble or rather depending on the area run into certain death, there will be some smaller lone forts, and some empty houses included and such, so if you are patient (At the moment several areas to work on and RL stuff that keeps me from building)
I can simply make something you can ICly free in an or several events and take it over.

If you dare. (Yes, some of the areas are THAT hard, and yeah depending on where you start building/taking over it can have consequences ;-))

Afaik such islands tho are small 1 area things, building something really big with monsters and such needs time and people to build, and I personally think we should finish some of the islands before making new big ones, one of the islands banks could be a small outpost on the shipping lines towards one of these bigger islands.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:41 pm

I have also designed interiors in Vestalla's NE building which are still being tweaked but are complete houses in themselves. They are fully furnished.

Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  joo3 Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Well, I am open for pretty much anything. I want to contribute but I am not too familiar with NwNs builder. That's not saying I am not willing to learn it however.

Don't think you will scare me away Valerion, I've had my run of the island. Including your big,scary tower.

I am simply just exploring options for such buildings. I don't want to put additional stress on any of the staff. Thanks for all the replies, I don't think my return to the server and forums could of been better!
joo3
joo3
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Rest assured Oda and Eri are aware and working on it. Hopefully when other things get resolved some of the interiors myself and others designed may be copied to other areas.
Vestalla NE building is open but not everything is connected yet. Best thing to do is try an rent rooms at inns or in your travels around the cities mark what area you may like.
You can lease an apartment for one or two days and go and see if you like it.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content