Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prestiege classes

4 posters

Go down

prestiege classes Empty prestiege classes

Post  BobbyBrown15 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 pm

I think that some of them should be locked for DM approval, some require some strict RP to stick with and make sense with them, for example blackguard, they need to be inherently evil, and would require one to do so to keep it going, I know the RDD class was already locked, and requires a quest that is still being worked on.

classes requested be locked for approval
-RDD (already done)
-Blackguard
-Champion of Torm (would be considered divine champion since Torm does not exist here)
-harper scout (this one is only a possibility due to some of the specifics of it)
-weapon master (perhaps no necessary, but it in itself requires some RP to it)

i want feed back on all of this is anyone cares to give any
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

prestiege classes Empty Re: prestiege classes

Post  Crescent_Black Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Personally, I feel it should be like arelith. All of them locked until DM approval via a DM ran Mini-Quest, like arelith. Upon successfully doing it, your granted a token and can access the class. Otherwise, yes. It turns out with problems and is poorly RP'd.
Crescent_Black
Crescent_Black
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 49
Location : Ground Zero (A massive underground complex in the shape of a large dome.)
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Crescent Black
Overall Level: 2

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 pm

i do not think they all should be locked, some of the requirements on them have RP related strictly to their mechanical requirements. Its the ones that go beyond just that is what concerns me. A divine champion is far above a paladin, fully devoted and even more powerful, a true servant of a just diety, a blackguard is the opposite and would require one to be inherently evil. A harper scout is basically part of a secret society, and a weaponmaster...is one who trains tirelessly, for years, even decades, to be a master of one single weapon, they would have based their entire training over it. As i said RDD itself is already locked and the quest is being worked on.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:39 pm

BobbyBrown15 wrote:
-weapon master (perhaps no necessary, but it in itself requires some RP to it)

i want feed back on all of this is anyone cares to give any

I really don't mind if we make others restricted or not...But things like Weapon Master/Assassin/Shadowdancer/Dwarven Defender/ etc is a no go for me.

To be quite honest there should be a rule saying "If your trying to go for a prestige class then you MUST ROLE PLAY THE ALIGNMENT REQUIREMENTS. Otherwise it clears up a lot of my problems currently, though the ones that were listed first are something I can agree on..Just not Weapon Master really..I'd love to post my reason up but for now I have a terrible, terrible headache.
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

I myself do not think Weaponmaster needs to, but an issue with it has come up with me before when someone was trying to powerbuild with it in a way that made no sense in the characters RolePlay, in fact in my reasoning i only put it there so people know how a weaponmaster should act.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 pm

BobbyBrown15 wrote:I myself do not think Weaponmaster needs to, but an issue with it has come up with me before when someone was trying to powerbuild with it in a way that made no sense in the characters RolePlay, in fact in my reasoning i only put it there so people know how a weaponmaster should act.

Agreed. .When the rules are to be posted out, I suggest making the prestige class on of those rules to be made up first before the other minor rules because of how people can just go the wrong Role Play route then they're supposed to IC.

Rules should make it clear how to play the alignments as well and what they don't want to see from those who well...Play it wrong.
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 am

I second The motion, both ways, Bobbys (I would add palemaster to that ) or Crescents suggestion sound good for me.

To avoid people playing the classes who...do it wrong... hint hint
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyBrown15 Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 am

I do not see a reason to lock palemaster myself, but the other ones possible excluding weaponmaster seem like they need to be for some obvious reasons, and i do not think all of them need to be locked. The ones in the list require a decent amount of devotion and background lore as well as RP. Palemaster is possible to acheive by any mage who is willing to animate the dead and of course will be hunted for it under most circumstances unless hidden well. Blackguard and Divine champion are heavily diety devoted, and are reflected by their alignments, it goes beyond even being a paladin as well. The Harper requires some background lore in Faerun and as it in itself would state, IC ties to the harpers. Each of the other prestiege classes have the RP that comes with them, but do not have to be as heavily enforced. Shifter for example is a druid uncomfortable with their own form, and changes into many others for such reason, an assassin jsut has the skills to kill, most for hire or personal gain. Dwarven defender is an elite dwarf warrior, a champion, they have the skills to fight and defend, and of course needs to be a dwarf, which is a requirment. Shadowdancer might need to be locked by DM descision as some stealth builders take it soley for the Hide in Plain Sight Feat which in this server is not quite allowed, if you take a class, you take it, not soley 1 level, but multiple, this server is not for powerbuilding, it is for roleplay and having fun. You can choose to RP or not but powerbuilding is frowned upon and some have been warned agaisnt it, some Roleplay has a somewhat powerbuild that can make sense, to stop all of it is impossible, but the goal in this post is to prevent people from taking these classes to powerbuild with them outright, when taken they must agree to uphold the strict RP guidlines and alignment path and penalties that come with them.

and yes, its a mouthful, but it is what i am trying to get across.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Crescent_Black Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:07 pm

To touch upon palemaster. Palemasters are essentially, necromancers who decide to take on a method of unlife that is unlike the norm of lichdom. They go about a path of removing organs and walking the path of half-undeath. Why do I say half? Because they are NOT fully undead. Nor should it RP wise be said that for their undead state simply be for a 'bone arm'. As far as the mention goes, Palemasters simply seek to become one with the undead and touch with them upon a level so macabre they twist their very being into a withered, lich-like version of their former selves. The process does not grant them the full benefits of undeath, nor the full curse. But this is merely the 10 lvl process of the Palemaster, the levels there after are based upon the Epic which is to say that the palemaster takes his half-life and improves upon it outside the normal. He could end up becoming part-shade, part-lich, part-morgh, part-flesh slime, part of any undead in 'general'. However a better example of how a palemaster functions is basicly a necromancer with the function of a Self-Forged or Fleshwarper prestige classes. Both beng from 3.5 edition D&D. Self-Forged being those who augment their body to become Half-Golems. Fleshwarpers to become parts of all sorts of monsters, becoming Abberations in the process. If anyone wishs to discuss about that, ill ablidge them.
Crescent_Black
Crescent_Black
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 49
Location : Ground Zero (A massive underground complex in the shape of a large dome.)
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Crescent Black
Overall Level: 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down