Adventure Leveling guides

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Animayhem on Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 am

It would be nice to have a general list of some areas characters of levels can go to gain xp. It is kind of awkward to ask in game and in character and even if you do speak to someone they may not know.
On another world I play they have such a guide. It is general and not specific as to what you will face. Also in your journal you have a list of quest givers to seek and the recommended levels. You just have names but not the locations, but at least names give you a start. This place is so huge and many people do not have the time to explore or want to spend what ever time they have to play exploring and find nothing although you do get some xp for entering a new area.
This would help keep people in game even if noone else on. Yes this is an rp server but in order to advance ones personal rp or character you need xp to get to that next spell level or feat to advance your characters growth. I am not advocating listing everything maybe three areas under each level range. Some might say oh this will lead to metagaming and powerbuilding with people farming the areas. Well this already has been going on, by making it public then equal footing. A limit could be set for characters that you can not reenter the area until twenty four hours have passed.

Sample:

Levels 1-5:

Area
Area Area

levels 5-10
Area
Area

levels 10-15

Area
Area

Levels 16-20
Area area
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Oak on Fri May 24, 2013 11:14 am

Thats a very good Idea*nods*

Silver

Silver Oak
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Character sheet
Character Name: Silver Oak
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure Leveling guides

Post  GM_ODA on Sun May 26, 2013 7:39 am

*scratches head* Now, I could have sworn we had a thread here somewhere that covered that but I cannot seem to find it now - it is possible we lost it with the old forum, so I'll do my best to reproduce it here from memory.

The first thing to remember is verisimilitude. I engage in it everywhere I can here, there are reason, logical rational for why things are as they are in this module/server (though it is not always obvious).

MONSTERS are usually found with in travel or 'hunting distance' of their own lair. Some that hunt in bands might travel a day or two from the lair to find game, but most hunt closer and might consider moving lair if the hunt trended poorly over time. This means, if you see a monster, the lair is likely somewhere nearby.

Lairs, you should also note, generally contain most of the loot collected by the monster.

I won't bother telling you what level you should be to try various monsters/lairs, but rather I will list the monster lairs that can be found in ArgentumRegio and let YOU be the one to decide if your PC is ready for the challenge.

Goblins, Troglodytes, Bugbears, Ogres, Lizardman, Meenlock, (Elemental) Dao, Trolls, Vampires, Werewolf.

Additionally, the sewers can present challenges for many levels (flee if the challenge is too great, it is ok, our scripts will clean up the module behind you). There are also vast underground caverns to be explored.

BE ALERT - we will soon activate the systems for more wandering monsters. What wandering monsters would you like to see added most? Any requests?

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2669
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

http://playnwn.hopto.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem on Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 am

This is a start. I did not realize the sewers could be for various levels. The problem with running into monsters and such is the xp and loot. The xp need to be adjusted for different levels especially higher. YOu have a difficult fight yet you are only given 1point of xp? As for loot in lairs? There is virtually none even on the corpses.
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem on Mon May 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Ok . Arys ran into difficult creatures was almost killed but defeated them and got only 1 xp per kill. If you survive a near death experience you should get more.
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content