Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Channels for chat?

Go down

Meta Channels for chat? Empty Meta Channels for chat?

Post  Elgate Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm pretty sure this doesn't require a hak but an alteration to the chat files for the server, but I know of one server I played on set up a meta channel for chat.
This meant that rather than have a server wide party, which could cause issues, instead they had a 'meta channel' that people could get invited into and had an orange text to make it clear it was a different channel. Because DMs weren't invited, this chat channel didn't flood the IC channels they were watching for events, didn't pop up above the chars head IG and also meant people could chat server wide without having to party. Like a multi-tell.

I'm wondering what people think of this as an alternative to party chats as sever chats. Personally I like OOC chat, when it doesn't disrupt RP, because it can help keep Players on level with each other, especially when the characters don't get along/ wouldn't go anywhere near each other.

I'm not entirely sure how this server made it, but I'm sure one of the other script and file savy people will be able to figure out how and what.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down