Alternative Animal Companions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alternative Animal Companions

Post  Kyra_Stormshadow on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm

A great (/traumatic for poor Desi) DM event with Reaper the other night got me thinking...

What about a widget or some other script which lets you alter the appearance of your Animal Companion? That way you could have alternative coloration or even alternative species for your Animal Companion?

Kyra_Stormshadow
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternative Animal Companions

Post  Absol 13 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:19 am

I actually think this would be a good Idea.. I mean the selection of companions right now. ITs very limited~ But what other animals could we use? (ranger would probally have more options than a druid)
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 696
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:42 am

This is a good topic and i think deserves a look but i want to point out that at the moment Oda is dealing with some big RL stuff and this needs to be on the back burner. I love this game as much as anyone but please give all further requests some major time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:05 pm

It would have to be added through the animal companion conversation. Simply because the feat is hardcoded to a single function. That being said, it's still easily doable. Though I admit it would be tedious. I can see it being set up easily enough. Easy, but tedious. Yes, I repeat myself a lot.
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyra_Stormshadow on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Sorry Shar, I wasn't trying to be annoying. If it helps any, it was Oda's suggestion for me to post this in the public forum for discussion ^^

As for available animals, could we go off of the summon animal lists or expanded animal companion lists from D&D 3.5?

Kyra_Stormshadow
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Kyra_Stormshadow wrote:Sorry Shar, I wasn't trying to be annoying.  If it helps any, it was Oda's suggestion for me to post this in the public forum for discussion ^^

As for available animals, could we go off of the summon animal lists or expanded animal companion lists from D&D 3.5?
your not being annoying!

This is a great idea, i just want everyone to understand whats going on at the moment. that's why hum-foo hasn't been added yet even though its 99.999% finished. oda is just preoccupied.

Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Friends,
It is OK. Everyone. Just so you all know, I often send people here who approach me with an idea - I ask them to post here and get as much feedback from the playerbase as we can, and I often don't get involved in the threads until they amass a fair amount of responses (sometimes when I weigh-in on an issue it puts a damper on discussion so I let it play out a while before I get involved typically). This process I have found to be the best way to create a 'community notebook of ideas' where I don't forget to write things down (lol yeah that's me) and I get the added benefit of lots of input/feedback.

This forum is full of great ideas just waiting on us to add, but that is OK too, given I keep on breathing and the server stays open, I will keep at this for a long time. Perhaps my dying word will be on the keyboard? Alas, keep adding your ideas here friends, Erin and I will wade through them as we are able.

My apologies to all for the delays in getting the last update out. The module is corrupted and needs some TLC to put to rights, I will give it that time when I get to the other side of the RL chaos I'm presently under. Once done, a host of new things will be available to you that have been pending for about three months now (yeah, long stretch of chaos).

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

http://playnwn.hopto.org/

Back to top Go down