Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM Tools

4 posters

Go down

DM Tools Empty DM Tools

Post  DM Drachen Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Some additional tools/things.

Delaying visual effects. It would be cool if we could set a delay on visual effects. This would also be cool for having NPCs do emotes and actions. If we could have these to trigger at the same time? Like having NPC A and NPC B bow at the same time? Uh, that would be really cool. bounce 

Charges! Yes, these evil little snots. It would be nice to have the ability to increase charges on items. It would be also cool if there was a spell or ritual to restore item charges.

Feats! Yes, can we have the ability to add these to NPCs? I'm not sure of the possibility of this without NWNx. I know it's said that we won't be using it here, but it's awesome. Just sayin'. I've played around with it, and it's a very neat tool.

If we can get NWNX.. Visual effects that only certain PCs can see. Yes, this is possible. This would also be neat with true seeing, being able to track magical objects.

Beam visual effects. These are slightly a pain. If we could have a seperate tool for this, which stores a local object and a second local object, and fires a beam between the two (I'm thinking invisible objects?) Yes, that would be great. I know the visual effect tool is supposed to work similar with the beams, but it doesn't, and it's hard to work with. You have to possess creatures in order for this to happen.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

DM Tools Empty Re: DM Tools

Post  heather Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:50 pm

charges you can already restore if you find a box of the weave and put it in with a fire opal...

heather
Forum Knight

Female Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Melinda Davis
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Drachen Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Doesn't it automatically restore it to maximum charge? I'm thinking the ability to add one, two, three, etc. charges.
DM Drachen
DM Drachen
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 683
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Friend DM Drachen,
No offense but NWNx is a liability I won't use here, ever. We do that sort of stuff our own way with code made in house to ensure no trouble. We are presently testing a feat-permitting tool iirc. Beam effects as you describe can be scripted without NWNx. Charges are handled by the device mentioned in this thread.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:17 pm

There is no set number of how many opals are needed for recharge. It depends on the item. Wands for instance, one may only require 5 to get a high amount of charges while another even more to get the same.
There is a custom spell which can be learned by a few classes which can fix minor damage to clothing items 1lb and under. Stumos,anvils and enchanting table can fix things as well.

So I would guess methods that work for player items would also work for dm items.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content