Trust in Luck

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trust in Luck

Post  Mizfat on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm trying a new char who is a cleric of Chitai, the goddess of Luck. None of my spells or domain abilities work. I think I followed the race, alignment, domain rules (Knowledge and Trickery) based on what I read in the forums, player guide and the signs in the welcome area. I've set my deity at the altar in the welcome area and Haggis offers to send me to the temple of Chitai, but I end up in Chondra Port. What else do I need to do?

Mizfat
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Character sheet
Character Name: Truelove
Race: Halfling
Overall Level: 14

Back to top Go down

Re: Trust in Luck

Post  GM_ODA on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Friend Mizfat,
OK - first, my apologies to take so long in getting back to you on this question. I've had the answer for a while but somehow have been busy-dizzy and just did not get to this in a timely manner.

Erin and I ran tests, it seems you did it right, but we missed ONE step. Here is the process for creating ANY cleric PC... used in this example, Chitai

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[seek the referenced deity]

In this case the god Chitai's entry reads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Chitai - He exudes confidence and calm. He is known to make lightning fast calculations. Popular among risk-takers, Chitai is a well known god of the region.
God of - LUCK / FORTUNE
ALIGNMENT - CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
WORHSHIPPER ALIGNMENT - ANY
To serve as a cleric of Chitai, you may be any alignment to advance in his service and must take the Knowledge and Trickery domain feats.
Note that PLAYERS who choose the right domains and such get a benefit for such things. Wise is the one who does the research.

Create the PC normally, set the deity and domains right (otherwise use the ALTAR object in the start Area to reset deity ... our scripts will auto adjust your PC if needed - in a while). Once you are in game, walk to the room where Haggis is found and speak with the NPC. You will notice you have an inventory object 'modify' which should not be a thing you can drop too - LOG OUT. WAIT 15 MINUTES. LOG BACK IN. Our system will have processed your cleric PC and you will be awarded worship objects on entry.

All praise Chitai!

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2651
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

http://playnwn.hopto.org/