Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale

+2
Animayhem
Valerion
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale Empty Re: Unusual Activity: Humfoodale

Post  Valerion Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 am

*The patrols go on along the border and due to the lack of men, not into the inland itself or to the harder to pass parts of the border where smugglers and fugitives might still find their way through. Observing another treck of people coming towards her control point from afar Adrastia frowns deeply, clenching her gauntleted fists and narrowing her eyes, concentrating on the surroundings, she thanked Finshi for the ability to feel when evil was coming near but most of these people made nothing more but her fingers itch. And this was what disturbed her.*

"This is wrong, Humfoo, Kragsfel, places where monsters now work together, where they hide, work, raid, become more organized and more to a threat to the people, and yet they take up so much effort to come here, because of promises of wealth, but by whom? Are they so blind?"

*The man to her side, a friendly face but with a few scars here and there, and slightly bend knee, inspecting a footprint on the ground just shrugs*
"It is not good for sure, but we are not enough people to find out the root of this, and so far we need to contain the border in case anything comes through, I could take a look, but alone, if there is anything that can influence minds so strong, I would need someone to whack me over so I would come to my senses on occasion. For now I wonder why none of the lords have reacted to our request, or the information they were given...we can take a look on the border, but where are agents, soldiers, anything to actually hold one in case something starts bursting out of the forests, or a small battallion to scourge the forest for whatever seems to be brewing there?."

"If I knew that I would be far wiser, and surely not just standing here but acting, but for now we have to remain here, until something actually happens and we get a lead finally."

*The man just sighs and nods as he readies the crossbow and hides in the shadow*

"One day we will return...one day our company will be strong again."
*With that she loosens the sword in her sheath, casually resting one hand on the hilt while using the over to pull her cloak tighter, her wings hidden under the towershield on her back*

Last edited by Valerion on Fri May 02, 2014 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri May 02, 2014 9:01 am

Charia slow her pace as she approaches Humfoo.  She notices a guard approaching her.  Her appearance, a horned blue skin woman with hooves on a horse momentarily cause the guard to pause before he continued. Something about the woman was familar a lsign of recognition come across his face. With a small bow he then rises and speaks, " Lady Charia, it is an honor to meet you. Please follow me." Charia smiled warmly at the guard and follows him.

As they approach he announces her presence, " The royal lady Charia of the Dorhal court, Hero of Light has arrived."Charia smiled to herself as she still was not used to having herself announce so but knowing it was the human way, she accepted it with grace. Her eyebrow went up briefly as she saw Adrastia. She was not surprised.

She smiled as she greeted her," Hello Adrastia, it has been a long time. I am here in my capacity as a representative of the Crown to lend assistance in this matter."

Adrastia would recognize Charis's armor as that of celestial make, she would see that Charia's legs were bare showing her satyr legs which were totally cover with white hair and  her hooves were tinted blue.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Fri May 02, 2014 9:20 am

*Adrastias eyes narrowed even more, barking at the soldier*

"'Who is the one giving you orders! You are not of Dohral you are under my command! Keep that in mind Brego!"

*After that she turns to Charia for a moment, eyeing her over, before she nods towards the shadow and barks orders again*
"You two, Cadir, Brego! Take up your part in the controls, Berngath, Sanvar! Keep an eye out, Alindra I want you to replace me for the next hour as acting commander!"
*Then, Adrastia gives Charia a slight but lighter mooded nod before turning to the tent where she grabs a waterskin filled with thinned wine, taking a deep chug
of it before turning to Charia again, she smirks slightly as she mutters to herself "the crown" before turning serious again*

"It was about time someone shows up, we probably have a war and quite a threat brewing in the secret and we five and a few volunteers are the only ones actually taking care of anything so it won't spill over in silence, that the seat farting generals hear at least the screaming a few minutes before the wave hits them, hells I could not even reach the lord of this land to send me any reinforcements, those few finely guards are as competent as a mule in a smiths workshop"

*Adrastia was still wearing the silver chestplate that was attached to the mail armor she wore and had to repair several times, the one that gave her the speed of a wolf even though being encumbered by it, what was odd though was that any Insignia was missing, the tatoos and the scars and brandings could still be seen on her slightly shown arms, but anything that had been on the armor had been torn off, melted, or otherwise rather roughly been forcefully removed.
Adrastias appearance was different aswell, she was dirty, she smelled of fresh sweat and her auburn hair was a complete mess hanging losely in a ponytail over her back, her helmet slightly bent on the left side where she had been hit by a warhammer was standing aside the tents entrance, her longsword, still flawless and well treated was hanging on her side, although the sheath has hardened and was slightly muddy.*

"So, Representative, and what assistance are you bringing, men, supplies, armor, weapons, mages, priests, something more than yourself? Don't misunderstand me I appreciated everyone that will help, but a few people won't cut it if a mass of monsters comes out of these woods or rolling over the hills, specially not if they are as easily bribed as these Humfoo guards, we, the five others and me, are the only reliable people, I cannot really control the flow in and out, but I at least can get some information I might be able to pass on...or act on."

*Sighing heavily the paladin rubs her temples with her gauntleted fists, one of her hands missing the ring finger, she clearly looks exhausted, she hasn't slept for almost thirty two hours*

"None of those bloody merchants or traders, or whatever are all very much clean of evil personally...I do not know if you can sense it, but this whole area, it is as if a fog of evil hovers over it. Sometimes I wished I would not feel this, the headache is almost killing me sometimes. Permanent exposure......I am hungry for a fight, no moral ambiguities, no ancient enemy, just they as the bad guys, we as the good guys, and a very agreeable thump when they hit the floor...those were the days.."

Last edited by Valerion on Fri May 02, 2014 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale Empty Reinforcements

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Fri May 02, 2014 9:35 am

As suspicion grows, reinforcements are sent to each guard station, 30 men and women of various callings, supplied directly from the personal guard of Humfoodale. This is in addition to the group given personally to Adrastia and is to report under her while she is present.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri May 02, 2014 10:08 am

Charia chuckled to herself, Adrastia had not changed.

" A small contingent is on its way. The priroity is to make sure citizens get out safely and property is secured.
I offer my fighting arm as well as I have brought healing supplies from the Temple."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Fri May 02, 2014 10:41 am

*Adrastia sighed heavily, rubbing her temples again, taking another big chug of wine, she actually is smelling of it, she was not drunk but it was clear she had drunk a lot of it recently*

"Have you looked outside recently? There are more people going INTO Humfoo than there are going out, and they are NOT soldiers, and the peasants can hardly flee with only their farms and what little they have, some flee, some demand guards to secure their farms, but they themselves have nothing else and remain, rather taking chances and starving, begging or dieing of sickness in the streets and the mud, they have courage I give them that...self murderous stupid courage, but courage.

A small contingent, that is not much, but we might be able to slowly build up a dominiance which will enable us to actually control the flow of things out and in, I did not feel anything radiant evil, but tools do not need to be evil to be used for it, not even an orb full of negative energy or something like that."

*After another two chugs the wineskin was empty and Adrastia threw it into a corner*

"Your Swordarm and healing supplies, and a small contingent, this still is not enough, we need a batallion to secure the whole border, we repeatedly found evidence of large humanoids as Sanvar called it, using the less travelled areas to get in and out, we can send a patrol to intercept them but being so few actually finding anyone there is a chance of one to a thousand"

*Adrastia then picks up the holy symbol off the small table in the tent, looking at it for a short while before wrapping it up and putting it into a small chest, frowning*

"But your help is highly appreciated, I know you are quite capable, let's hope it is what we need, I can feel what is coming may not be the void and not as dangerous to everything around us, but far more dangerous for a smaller region and the people in there.", a weak smile crossing her lips for a moment, although her eyes remain very cold*
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Fri May 02, 2014 4:11 pm

*grimtooth gathering his small things Nods and looks at lia* What be going on, something bad- not understand *and with that he simply tilts his head*
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sat May 03, 2014 12:35 am

Having dismounted and handing her horse's reigns to guard,Charia  walked over ot Adrastia's tent.  She listened and observed Adrastia as she spoke. She seemed more a drunken mercenary than a paladin though her general assessment of events and possible outcomes seems more rational then before. Charia pursed her lips a bit and then spoke.

"The Hunter's Guild could be a great asset. They can track and possibly capture these elusive intruders.  Do you still have your contacts from the council?  Vashan seems to have vanished and if memory serves he was the go between."

She pauses for a moment before continuing.

" I am concerned about how Ne may react as his home is in this area and how this unknown group will react if they see him.  He has been through so much.  Grace with her Druids would be vital to sniff things out as they can change shape. It would not surprise me if she had not already started this.  In regards to the common people and such their reactions are natural.  If I may suggest, train some of the sons and daughters of these people some basic fighting skills so at least they can help defend their families somewhat taking the burden off the guards and soldiers. It will also serve to control any built up anger at the situation and who knows there may be future soldiers in the ranks."

I could organize a field hospital of sorts in case it is needed. I am sure I can find basic healers and such among the people."

Charia looked around and she knew that shock of the situation could turn ugly and the fastest way to avoid that is to cause meaningful distractions.  

Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 am

*Adrastia in the meantime wiped some clothing off a small chair aside of the table and placed them on the haystacks that served her as a matress, motioning Charia to sit while Adrastia listens and rummages in a chest for something, pulling out a scroll container, filled with maps, one of them, a cloth one she pulls out and spreads it upon the table, several notes written with chalk where spread upon it, some smeared but most still possible to identify, showing the region of humfoo, in a red circle the cave of Ne Sekoleth was shown*

"I believe Ne is fine but will sooner or later, depending on the nature of whatever builds there and whoever these intruders are, sooner or later become a point of attention to them if they want to assume control, this is not an enemy like you and me know from the past, this one is insidious, and somehow influencing the people, and as much as I hate to admit it, aside the Hunters Guild, to whom my chapter held tight bonds... we will also need sources of information, and you only get those from the rather dark corners of our society."

*She sternly looks over the maps, pointing out the spots where they found evidence of intrusion, and where there would be possible areas for a breakthrough in case of an actual offense by some enemy, mainly thinner woods or the riverside*

"I can see if I can still reach my contacts, it should be possible, the lord of dohral for sure will be able to establish contact if I can't but that will be your job, he is not as positively predisposed with me as he was in the past, the last time I saw him I called him a stunted fool, he is one after all, but that is out of other reasons, that are between him, me and my chapter.

I will tell my second in command to establish regular training courses, but we will need training swords and such aswell for that matter, I have no material whatsoever but the men and women I have here with their equipment, and you can forget to see any of the humfoo guards parting ways with anything as long as they have a nice flow of gold in their pockets.
I dislike the idea of handing actual weapons of war to the peasants but I guess it is necessary, although only those who go OUT of Humfoo, I do not trust those who go in, and fear that they might be used to turn against us aswell if they are so well influenced."

*Again Adrastia rubs her temples, and with one hand pulls out a small vial with a powder which she puts into another wineskin and goats a large chug down her throat. Shaking her head in disgust she closes the wineskin again and throws it onto the bed like the clothes*

"If you can set up some tents with healers that would be great in case of an actual conflict, for now we do not seem to need them except for the few wounded villagers that come through, so far my own supply held but I do not know how long and often I can continue laying on my hands to heal them.
Anyway, if the hunters agree to join in, I will take part with them and leave the rest of my men here to guard the border, except for the wizard lady Sanvar, she has proven quite an asset to me, the cleric of them Alindra is my second in command and quite good at it, she'll know what to do if something happens, and when in doubt can call me back through a planar calling, quite handy being what I am there."

Winking she takes out another map showing the north of Tivook, pointing at the northwestern border, where the river seperates Tivook from Humfoo.

"We need to secure that area aswell, see if you can get Grace or some Rangers to aid there, this is one of the best spots where smugglers and other intruders can pass over unseen, I would not be suprised if that is also the spot where the ones that attacked the citadel have crossed over, or are still to cross over"

Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale Empty Patrol Encounter: Grimtooth and Lia

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sun May 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Grimtooth and Lia arrive to the checkpoint into Humfoodale shortly after the caravans arrive and begin to settle, though they are several miles away, at the same checkpoint that both Charia and Adrastia are currently occupying.

As they approach, a horn calls out and several men armed with crossbows appear on a raised platform behind the barrier erected across the road. A man steps forward, his uniform decorated to show he is an officer, a spear in his hands.

"Halt! Speak your purpose creature or die swiftly."

He does not appear to have noticed Lia standing just off the road in the darkness of the night.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Sun May 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Waits, Not be hurt! *the gnoll looks quite concerned* Need to get paper and shows you, if ok?
*he also glances at lia* what next?... me not want to get trouble..

//Would take a pic of the doc and post it but- I dont have an image converter program.. >.< (next ting to download)

Last edited by Absol 13 on Sun May 04, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Sun May 04, 2014 3:20 pm

*Lia walks up closer with arrna to one side as she stands closer to grimtooth.* He is the me, I live around here, And yes i know alot of what is going on around here and plan to help if i can.

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sun May 04, 2014 4:04 pm

A crossbow bolt buries into the ground a few feet away, as a spooked guardsmen misfires. The captain turns to discipline the man and stops mid sentence as he spots Lady Sanvar, a wizard serving directly underneath Lady Adrastia,  standing below the wall, a burst of arcane wind shoots her up onto the platform and into line of sight of the two below.

Fully cloaked and hood obscuring her face, she wears a dark blue robe with red accents and lifts an arm towards the two in the road.
"Captain, what is the meaning of this?"  she asks, voice drifting not from within her hood, but rather from the air around it.

He salutes crisply, "The men reported this creature approaching, and upon stopping him we discovered this elf maiden, who claims he is with her, and that she knows what is going on."

She nods, lowering the arm raised towards Grimtooth and Lia, and raising her other and gesturing sharply, summoning a celestial falcon, which then soars into the air before banking towards the command tent to bring word of their arrival to Adrastia.

She then turns to face them both, and despite not being able to see her eyes you can feel the intensity behind them. "You will wait for my Lady to arrive, attempt any hostility from this moment forward and I will personally ensure you are threats no longer."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Sun May 04, 2014 4:40 pm

*Lia jumps back abit as the bolt lands in the ground. Arrna quickly begins to growl. Lia placing a hand on arrna shoulder calms the dire wolf  but the wolf seems ready to protect Lia if needed too. Her eyes show a mixture of concern and anger but seems not to act on it keeping quiet and watching the wizard and the guard*

Last edited by LadyAloura on Sun May 04, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Sun May 04, 2014 5:27 pm

*grimtooth just nods* Understands, am Gnoll- but must show people, not all gnolls be same *he looks to Lia and Arna with utter calmness on his face, it's quite clear this happens to him alot* Dont worry, all be ok *he just gives her a toothy grin*
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun May 04, 2014 8:20 pm

Nodding to Adrastia's comments, Charia turns her head over at the commotion.  Sighing she heads over to Grim and Lia.

" Guard. I will vouch for them both. The gnoll is part of the Nature council as am I and the woman is part of the Druid circle and friend of Grace.  Adrastia also knows the gnoll.
I am sure what they have to say Adrastia will want to hear."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Sun May 04, 2014 11:03 pm

*Lia turns to look at the voice and smiles* Charia nice to see you again, wish was under better circamstances. I wasn't aware i was part of a druid circle yet but it could happen. How are things going with you? *glances at Adrastia and nods in greetings*

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale Empty Humfoodale: Gnoll Encounter

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sun May 04, 2014 11:06 pm

The Captain nods, and begins to gesture to the other men to relax but is stopped as Sanvar steps forward.

"And who are you, creature, to think that you can vouch for another? She holds up a hand, "Speak no more, we shall wait for the Commander, and let her be the judge."

Last edited by Ragdoll_Knight on Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale Empty Quick Shout out

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Sun May 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Just to break RP for the moment, and to provide something to further it along;  I want to give a huge thanks to our wikia team, they are entirely responsible for my ability to do the following.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, if someone can verify that the checkpoints marked all lead into the bordering province, and that both the camp and command area are accessible without having to leave Humfoodale.

Also, seriously you guys, these guys deserve +80 Internets.

EDIT: You guys can now use more than one character, so feel free to add one, if you want to, to the events happening in the city or at the Eastern Citadel. Just keep in mind that only one PC can be present for the events that happen when we move IG (also if we move IG) but both can reap rewards. Just make sure you put Esrogoth or Humfoodale, or whatever area we're in, in the post title.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun May 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Ragdoll_Knight wrote:The Captain nods, and begins to gesture to the other men to relax but is stopped as Sanvar steps forward.

"And who are you, creature, to think that you can vouch for another? She holds up a hand, "Speak no more, we shall wait for the Commander, and let her be the judge."

Charia was used to such names.

" My name is Charia , Titled Lady of the Realm, Hero of Light and Priestess of Rhenallathan. I represent the Fey council as well as the Dorhal court.  The gnoll known as Grimtooth, has acted more civilized then some humans. His ranger skills will be an asset."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Mon May 05, 2014 1:26 am

*After receiving the celestial falcon and listening to it's message Adrastia sits down in her tent for a moment, sighing and rubbing her temples, trying to remove the eternal blathering with another chug of the wineskin before she puts on her helmet, her swordbelt and swings the shield over her back again.
Taking a deep breath she stretches for a moment and then straightens herself up before stepping out of the tent and towards the commotion at the checkpoint*

"Alright, the two I was just reported have arrived step forward, guards stand down unless you see anyone going for his weapon, good work Sanvar, I will take over from here"

*With stern eyes she stares at Lia and at Grimtooth for a few uncomfortably silent moments*

"I know both and sense no evil in either of them, you and you guards, escort the two to the command tent, Sanvar, you take over as commanding officer again, but let your falcon stay with us so you can brief yourself afterwards."

*She then turns to Charia and whispers to her*

"Sanvar is under my command, and like the others only answers to me and is to remain distrustful as long as the opposite is not proven, even if someone vouches for anyone, we had a few engagements with doppelgangers and need to remain vigilant"

*With that like this was buisness as usual she turns and steps towards her tent again, before turning around on the platform and taking another look around and then move to her tent indefiniatly, calling the guards off*

"You two back to your posts"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Mon May 05, 2014 5:22 am

*Grimtooth nod to Charia but eyes Adrastia oddly, that armor and helmet he was told she died*
Addrasstia?... He talks slowly, unsure if he's seeing things or anything es else, you not be... dead?..
*she would notice he looks more confident and able than the last time she saw him, he is no longer the scared gnoll he once was*
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Mon May 05, 2014 9:16 am

*keeps arrna close as they are escorted to the command tent. As soon as she enters she sends arrna to lay down by the side of the tent as Lia looks around*

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Mon May 05, 2014 11:45 am

The heavy cloth of the tent shuts out a majority of sound as people begin to settle down for the night. The falcon messenger perches on Adrastia's shoulder as everyone settles in.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Mon May 05, 2014 12:06 pm

*As the tent entrance is closed she motions everyone to settle down on the table with the few chairs, meanwhile she remains standing on the end of it.
On the table a few things can be seen, two or three maps spread upon them, a few goblets and mugs, and Three carafe's of thin wine and water, candles in holsters of iron are nailed into the posts of the rectangular tent and they provide a rather weak light, while Adrastia herself, seems to radiate light, or was it just that her silver armor reflects it so well, unlikely for it already had started to oxidize and turn blackish and colourful where the surface had not oxidized entirely*

"So, settle down where you find place, I apologize for the lack of comfort I offer, field camps are not exactly prepared for visitors outside their actual inhibitants.
So...you two"
, *She looks Lia aswell as Grimtooth with equal, almost cold calm*, "what leads you here and what do you know about the things that are happening?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content