Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale

+2
Animayhem
Valerion
6 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Unusual Activity: Humfoodale - Page 5 Empty Re: Unusual Activity: Humfoodale

Post  Valerion Mon May 26, 2014 11:08 pm

*Folding her arms Adrastia nods*
Continue, did this man tell you to leave in an aggressive or warning manner?
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Mon May 26, 2014 11:31 pm

"Yes, ma'am. Never been spoke to like that by a stranger before. Threw me off, that's f'sure."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue May 27, 2014 7:23 am

*Furrowing her brows she looks at the man*
I asked if he seemed angry, or friendly as he told you to leave quickly? *she points at Elo*
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue May 27, 2014 9:25 am

He raises a brow at Adrastia's pointed her finger at him, maybe she got it wrong, it wasn't him who tried to throw away those man from the tavern... He raises a finger and before he says something, he lowers the finger again, she said "one at a time", this may look bad for him if he intervene now.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue May 27, 2014 10:28 am

"I think you misunderstand, your Grace. It was this fine gentleman who distracted the men from town to give us time to escape."

He points toward the once-wounded man.
"It was that one who told us we had to leave. We were definitely in for a world of hurt if he hadn't stopped them."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue May 27, 2014 11:35 am

*She nods slowly, looking to the other man of those who were saved by Elowir*
"Did this happen to you both?"

*After the answer she would turn to the other three men, frowning, specially at the one who was wounded before and healed by her, narrowing her eyes, and for a moment the golden sparks in her blue Iris spark up and stop glowing again before she speaks with a slight echoe in her voice*

"Is that true? Did you three or more, tell those men to leave and had the intention of beating and perhaps even worse if they did not?"

*She looks to Sanvar*

"You know what to do when one of them lies"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue May 27, 2014 11:47 am

The leader, the one Elowir attacked, steps forward sheepishly.

"Aye, m'lady. These men came to our town to take our work, and then thought they could take our drink too. We... ah... We may have drank too much at that point."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue May 27, 2014 11:59 am

*She folds her arms again eyeing all of the people, then turning to the leader again*

"Can they disown you from your farms? Can they disown you of your houses, can they simply take away what you possess by right? No? They CAN make new farms, they CAN build new houses, as long as they do not actually infringe your lands borders, and considering that a lot of people from Humfoo have travelled away due to the raids, and the fact that the lands around Dohral are not as well worked now that so many from there went here, I bet that there is quite a lot of oppurtunity to farm aswell now if you want to make sure to have enough work. Your drink? As long as these people pay for it for the price that is demanded, they do not take but deserve it by money or labor that comes before such money. Aye I indeed think you did drink a bit too much there.

*She then turns to Elowir*

"So you protected those two, a commendable action, and backed by the aggressors , while these other men have taken you hostage? Because of what exactly they wanted to do with you?
I find it wondrous that they bring you here as a roped bundle, what happened after you stepped in, and I want to hear the truth, from both of you!" *She looks at Elowir then at the man with the scar on his face"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Tue May 27, 2014 10:05 pm

*Lia is in the back of the tent listening to the events as she is standing next to her dire wolf scratching her ears*

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Fri May 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Elowir clears his throat, and sights deeply, he nods at Adrastia and glares at the pitiful image of the once-wounded man;

"I don't think there's much to be said, truth has been told, I am grateful for that, but if the lady commander wishes to hear the full story, then I'll tell, altought the scoundrel over there would explain it better, after all, it was his scheme..."

He rolls his eyes, then looking back to Adrastia now.

"The gentleman here were having a conversation over a drink in the tavern at Humfoodale Crossing..." He motions to the two men from the camp. "When these annoying brats showed up and started making a fuss, alcohol knows why..." Then he motions to the three villagers. "They kept telling your men to go away, and they were not welcome there, when finally the two man from your camp decided to head back here, a humble attitude I must say, and for some reason, the scoundrels were not satisfied, they kept with the intimadating behavior, now angered, this is when I decided to intervene, you see, I do have prowess with my blades, so if anything got ugly, I would knew how do handle myself, altought unexpectly, they had me with my guard down, and when I tried to calm their nerves down - and this is the part when I managed to create a passage for the men from your camp to go away - one of them, the bulky one there, blackened me out, and when I recovered counsiousness, I was being carried to this very camp to be used to get some reward for helping me, or something like that. You see, it was embarrasing enought to get knocked out by some commoners, but being used by them for foul schemes, unacceptable, I reached one of my katanas and cut the rope out, and the rest of the story you probaly already know about..."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Fri May 30, 2014 1:29 pm

*She listend to Elowirs blathering with an openly annoyed look before she turns to the other free raising a brow in question*
"Is this true in it's entirety? I know if he lies or not, but I want to see what YOU three say, I like to hear the truth out of the mouths of those who have the guts to say it"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Fri May 30, 2014 2:20 pm

"He's got the right of it, your ladyship. We thought that you would provide us arms and armor if we explained that this one had promised us that you would. Dinna expect him to have those blades at hand."
He glares at his big friend, who looks away.
"Next time, we'll have to make sure to search more carefully.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Fri May 30, 2014 2:42 pm

*Adrastia has a moment where her fortress of a facial gesture slips and she gives them a completely blank glare for a moment, unbelieving in the face of those peoples stupidity*
"Why would you think that you would receive military issued equipment because some stranger, be it one who told you you would or not, is there straw in your heads, and the way you tell it, a recurring scheme?" *Her voice rises slightly as anger seems to boil in her, yet she remains somewhat calm while speaking*
Anyway...inciting to assault citizens of Dohral and honorable tradesmen in drunken state, assault of a stranger, taking him hostage for ransoming, or rather, taking him hostage to deceive military personnel and a Paladin of Finshi. Basically, right now, it would be my, or the next judges equivalent duty, to prosecute you three oafs!

Now to you wordplayer, an honorable attempt to keep two citizens out of danger, yet after freeing yourself, while it surely was possible for you to keep anyone at bay out of the sheer shock knowing you bear two swords, attacking the facial and neck area, risking lethal wounds if even one movement goes wrong."

*She folds her arms looking all the people over*

"Lady Chariah, what are your thoughts on this? For one things I would say two stupid sides did equal damage to each other, and in a way that probably should be punished although for one side with milder circumstances out of motivation, on the other hand, both damage also cancels each other out, so I tell you this, I will let all of you, go, for now, and if I ever hear of something like this happen ever again, I will have all of you running a gauntlet, or be stuck for two days in stocks, understood?! Now get going you five!"

*She then turns to Elowir, frowning slightly*
"Take the shackles off and give him back his swords and a cup of wine and some of the roasted pig, I want to have a word with you swordsman"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Fri May 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Elowir tries to ignore Adrastia's annoyed face, she asked for a explanation, and he gave her. He glares at the man as he tells her his scheme with a grin.

Adrastia warning about a mistake ending up making a fatal blow on the man creates on Elo an uninpressed expression.

"Lady Commander, I won't tell you that I'm an expert swordsman, but I guarantee you that such kind of mistake wouldn't happen, it wasn't yesterday that I got these swords. No offense."

He then politely declines the offered food and drink.

"My stomach is a bit sick, thank you but I'll have to decline. But go ahead, I'll gladly listen to whatever you have to say. And thank you for removing these shackles and giving me back my blades."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat May 31, 2014 3:52 am

"I am very sure you are a trained swordsman when it comes to fighting puppets, training partners and perhaps even some humans and monsters, but can you guarantee that your enemy, be it one you want to kill or just wound or even just only impress...does not move, make one mistep while you are mid-blow?
Can you guarantee that one step forward and your slash to quickly go into a "point to the neck" situation does not end up in a "blade IN neck" situation? Not even I can do that, nor my best men when my order was still great, and those were some of the finest weaponmasters Esrogoth had to offer!"

*All the while her voice was calm, stern, but in the end of the sentence, a dark, shadowy tone of bitterness has sneaked into her voice and her expression has hardened*

"Nevertheless, my decision stands, unless the next higher authority wants to add or remove something of it, it is none of my buisness anymore, now you come into the tent, all others, back to your duties, about my guests, unless you have your own lodging, feel free to set up camp, if anyone has no tent, let the quartermaster give you one, tell him you were sent by me and that I still know of the cards."

*With that she turns and steps back into the tent, filling her cup with wine and sloshing it down in one gulp, relaxing a little bit*

"So, let's start with something simple, what is your name, and where are you from, and why did you come to such a god forsaken place?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sat May 31, 2014 9:31 am

Elowir observes as everyone leaves tent and returns to business, very unpleased with the "sentence" given by Adrastia, he looks at her, he remains calm, and sights deeply before answearing her questions;

"Call me Elo, from the Tivook province, and my affairs in these lands are my own... Sorry."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat May 31, 2014 9:55 am

*Adrastia, sitting down on her seat at the end of the table takes a dagger and cuts some cold meat that was still standing there on the table and stuffs some of it into her mouth, chewing and swallowing, as she finished with that one piece, she leans back eyeing Elowir with calm distinct cold expression and examines him*

"You know I find it quite curious how you adventurer types always seem to forget where you are and who you talk to, I am commander Adrastia of the border militia, we aid the Humfooan soldiers in disputes, defences, and gathering of information, we are an independent group, yet we as anyone have to answer to the lord of humfoo while in his lands, so, if you deny me knowledge what your buisness here is, you deny the lord of humfoo knowledge for what I know goes to him or one below him aswell, and being no outstanding citizen or somehow someone with different rights than a citizen, or someone with a title or some special entitlement, I see no reason why I should let you into humfoo again, unless you tell me your buisness here...sorry"

*She gives him a slightly smug smile*

Let us start again then Elo...what is your buisness in Humfoo?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 am

Elo keeps staring at Adrastia, things are bad, and it won't get any bit better this way.

"Ma'am, I am a bard, what else do you expect? I travel throught many roads and one of them led me to this place, I'm staying at the Hillsbottom Inn and earning my stay at the tavern. My swordsmanship has improved thanks to so many bandits and other horrendous creatures that lurk in the night's shadows of these roads, I don't think I need to tell you anything else. If do need a reason, wanderlust, there, now please, if you do not need me for anything else, let me go."

Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat May 31, 2014 10:50 am

*She eyes him with almost expressionless eyes as she takes another chug of wine from her wineskin without even bothering pouring it into the cup in front of her, eating another piece of meat before she then folds one leg over another....as much as that is possible in chain armor*

"Well, was that so bad? Yes that is pretty much enough a reason, although I do not doubt that you have some other motivation aswell, but this should suffice for now. You know, the peasants had a point, we do need skilled men for the border, aswell as informants inland, what would you say if I was to provide you with a bit of gold, and perhaps even one or two things that might prove helpful to your profession's work, and help you gain a better reputation and performance?
In exchange all I need you to do is to keep your eyes and ears open for me and my men, about anything that happens in Humfoo, or is talked about in the inns and taverns, how does that sound to you?"

*She swipes the food and drink aside as she pulls out some parchment aswell as ink and quill from a bag and starts writing something, then pulls out some sealing wax, warms it and pours it on the paper before she takes a ring from her hand and pushes it into the wax.
Then she leans back, rereads it, looking at Elo with a sideglance*

"Should you betray such a contract of course it would have repercussions, I see by your face that understanding dawns..."
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 am

*after seeing everything is going to be okay she moves off and heads out of the camp with Arrna to let her do some hunting away from the camp. She remains out of the camp till arrna returns from her hunt*

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sat May 31, 2014 12:00 pm

He eyes her as she writes whatever it is on that paper, and smiles at the offer, clearly it is something to repay all the troubles of that night, at least that's what he hopes for.

"Very well, I accept you offer m'lady, I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything that might be of use to you. And do not bother, I give you my word I won't betray you."
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat May 31, 2014 12:10 pm

"I do not want your word, it counts as nothing for me, show me deeds and I'll probably start trusting you on that point" *She flings over the document, it is a pass between Humfoo and Tivook*

"I will have the quartermaster give you the first payment once you bring up something that actually brings us forward here, and you will receive a nice payment, trust me, I have something in my backhand that you will like, you are free to go now, so get to it."
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Sat May 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Once again he tries to remain calm over her rudeness and arrogant behaviour, "she's stressed about everything's going on, that's all, I bet she's an adorable lady when in good mood.". He nods and heads to the exit of the tent, before going out, he turns back to her and bows politely, then heads back to Humfoodale.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:29 am

*As she sees the last one leave she sighs.
Adrastia takes off one of her rings before chugging another cup of wine before putting it on again, leaning back relaxing as much as it is possible in armor, her tired eyes scanning the tent before she slowly takes another bite off the meat slowly chewing it, muttering just for the tent'sinside and closest outside to hear*

"I know you are there, come on in, I don't think I'll get any sleep soon, so go ahead."
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:49 am

Charia came back into the tent at this point, having been outside throughout the proceedings. After Elo left she spoke.

'"That went better than I thought, I feel the man will be a good asset and we need people willing to assist.  I am aware you are used to commanding soldiers Adrastia but these are simple people scared, torn from what they know.
They are proud as well. By allowing their youth to be auxiliary militia gives the people confidence.  I suggest you go ask Lia and Grimm to scout a probable spot as they would do well.
I can appreciate the strain you must be under but you do not have to do everything yourself. It seems you have a few subordinates who could help ease the burden of command. The healers have potions and bandages well stocked thanks to the generosity of the professor of herbology from the college who donated several sacks of herbs."

She pauses for a moment having looked Adrastia over.  It seems the woman aged twenty years.  In a softer tone Charia addressed Adrastia,

" I know we have not been close, but we are both clerics and have seen and been through somethings most have not. You seemed to have lost your faith in your god and yourself.  Care to talk about what happened?"

Charia doubted Adrastia would open up but Charia was a healer and not just of the body. Seeing an empty chair, Charia sat down and waited.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content