Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel

Post  Elgate on Sun May 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Grace's tail swished as she peered around the edge of the wall, ears flicking back and forth. No on should suspect a cat, so there was no need to act suspicious. Still, she'd rather not play chase with a local stray, or chase of 'suitors'. Most animals gave her room, no matter her form. Her lycanthropy changed the energies she emitted, and animals could detect that and were wary, even when her connection to nature helped sooth.

Cat eyes helped navigate the city at night, with a lack of colour vision and hue being traded in for more distinct shades. With a glance back to Dru, and a silent reassurance, Grace plodded out onto the Citadel streets, avoiding stray refuse and rubble as she made her way towards the Iron bar gate that led to the Citadel below. A few people were patrolling the streets, and a beggar or two were shifting through the debris in case there was anything of use beneath, but no one paid attention to the two cats.

It'd be harder to hide down there, with most of the corridors lacking nooks and crannies, or objects to wait behind, as there were in the upper streets. Hopefully they wouldn't need to hide though. What ever was watching her, had been for a while, and didn't seem to wish to prevent her.

Reaching the door to the Underhall, Grace's slim cat form had no trouble sliding between the grates. Again, she waited for Dru, who was right behind her, before looking down the descending passage way. This should be no problem...
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel

Post  Hacatsu on Mon May 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Dru doesn't stay many steps behind Grace, but neither he's close enough to look like her shadow, the feeling of being watched really gets to annoys him greatly, he keeps turning his head whenever he looks in some other direction, he's been spending too much time in owl form maybe.

He stops and looks back often, looking at the sky, checking if that eagle's still there... Nothing, moving on.
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Race: Dwarf

Back to top Go down

What are the chances...

Post  Ragdoll_Knight on Mon May 26, 2014 11:08 pm

In the darkness of the temple, Grace and Drurazhor happen upon the High Priest of Sorton Stonebreak thanking fervently a man in a black suit and a feather cap for a large heavy cloth bundle.
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Tue May 27, 2014 7:33 am

Grace never understood the lure of dark, cramped tunnels to dwarves. Admittedly, certain forms of hers just felt.. safer, in a cosy space. But gnomes, dwarves, halflings- why live below ground, and miss all that the surface beheld? Dark tunnels all looked the same.

But they did help for going undetected, even with dwarven eyes.

Grace stopped to peer at the two men speaking. One was obviously a priest, by his attire. The other... black suit, feather cap... Valerion?What was he doing here?

Grace's fur bristled, and she sniffed the air to be sure. There might be someone else out there who had such... 'dramatic' taste in clothing..
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Tue May 27, 2014 7:59 am

*The smell of death or rather, a strong perfume called patchouli did carry towards the two druids, it was him, a smile on his face, and his eyes covered by the grey glow, smiling as he just bows to the dwarven priest and lays the heavy bundle into the arms of the erratic priest.*

"It is always a pleasure to serve the greater good, and specially the citadel or rather, your kinsmen and with this...even your gods in some ways perhaps, I never forget a debt, nor do I forget a favor, see this as a gift of fate, where I am just the messenger"

*He chuckled for a moment and then nodded to the priest*
"It shall be a symbol to your people, and it most likely will help uphold the morale of your kindred in this time of rebuilding and reeinforcement"

*For a moment he stops, turning slowly his head towards the darkness surrounding him and the high priest, his eyes seem to scan the shadows before his sight passes Grace and Drurazor and returns to the priest*
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu on Tue May 27, 2014 9:39 am

Dru as a black cat was leaned against the walls of the dark tunnels, camouflaging in the shadows, he spotted the man and glared at him with a frown.

He sat on the ground, near Grace, examining the darkness around them, then focusing his sight on the priest and Valerion, his ears pointed up, always alert.
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight on Tue May 27, 2014 10:38 am

"And you truly do have the thanks of the entire Citadel once more, my friend. Our priesthood shall never forget the favor you have done us this night. If you ever need a safe haven, seek us out first and you shall have it. Now if you'll excuse me, in going to make sure this is stored safely."
He shuffles off into one of the better lit tunnels, murmuring prayers of protection and well being as he goes.

Meanwhile, beside Grace and Dru, a section of stone melts away from the very bottom of the wall they stand by, forming into a larger variant of the common house cat with black and white shades of fur, with tightly packed muscle.

Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Tue May 27, 2014 11:37 am

*Valerion just bows and nods* "A pleasure as always old friend, I will remain here for a short while if you do not mind"
*He then looks after the dwarf as he hastes away, looking about into the darkness again, smiling slightly*

"One more artifact to it's rightful owners..."
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Tue May 27, 2014 11:54 am

Grace's back arches slightly when the wall moves, before relaxing when it takes on the form of a cat. The eagle. And the stone? Thinking back to the feeling of being watched, and the eagle vanishing into the air... becoming the air.

So now they were three.

Grace swishes her tail, still irritated by Valerion's involvement. Nothing good ever came out of that man getting involved. She wished to speak with the other's, but while animal was a contextual language that mostly spoke through the body, she may need to resort to more vocal communication. Something she didn't want to do then and there.

The tabby cat moves on, ears flat and fur bristled. While curious about this artifact, she was there to investigate the pyramid.
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Tue May 27, 2014 12:04 pm

*Smiling slightly Valerion looked around again, nodding into two corners in the dark and then turning towards the pyramid walking slowly and casually, saying something in the dwarven tounge with a clear and slightly echoeing voice, as he circles the pyramid, rubbing his chin occasionally, inspecting it without actually going close*

Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu on Tue May 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Dru glares at the other cat that has joined them, frowining at him, the eagle maybe? Yes, probaly. Dru then ignores the cat, he hears Valerion speaking in dwarven, and raises a brow.

He listens carefully, ears pointed up. He can't help but wonder, no other thought comes into his mind;

What's the meaning of that?

He makes suppositions, but none of them seems too reasonable.
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Tue May 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Grace pauses (Pawses even >.>), and angles her ears into the corners that Val nodded to. She wanted to approach the pyramid, but not get any closer to that man.

Grace turns to face Dru and the other druid, staring into Dru's eyes, communicating emphatically.

"[What did he say?]"

//OOC- In Arg-reg, cats were given see invisibility, if that's relevant.
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu on Fri May 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Dru glances at Elgate, and then back at Valerion again, murmuring the translation as he speaks.

["My hand is copper.
My brow is lead.
Suffer me in a red patina,
swept along in a molten flow
to a sad eternity.
My stride interrupted
my thoughts untimed
my tears are become drops of silver
and shattered the crystalline fern.
I plead the wind to sweep us away.

My alabastrine limbs, useless and tired,
my carnelian heart, beatless and mired.
I pick the gilded apple from the iron tree
I wipe the rust from my brow.
The earth rejects me, foul and changed,
the wind refuses me, unsightly and maimed.
My voice is corrupted, my tongue unwind,
my pulse is mercurial sickened, it slows.
Destiny and danger are stil focused on the one,
the renegade who is both brethen and betrayer.

Beware the spider, for he weaves both labyrinth and lair.

My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
My eyes forever focused on the sanguine metal dawn."]
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Fri May 30, 2014 1:05 pm

The cat's tail flicks, obviously irritated. As the tail flicks back, scales and small spikes appear along it, and the cat twists into a new form, black scales replacing fur and small wings stretching from it's back.

In place of a tabby cat, instead a small black wyrmling appears, no bigger than the cat is changed from. Sharp, grey eyes scan the shadows, seeing more than a mere cat's could.

Valerion was being as dramatic as always.

Last edited by Elgate on Fri May 30, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Fri May 30, 2014 1:26 pm

*A smile suddenly crosses Valerions face as he stares at the pyramid, his peripheral sight scanning to the sides as he circles it, his fingers driving over the outlines of the pyramid, concentrating on his magical senses as he slowly pulls out a small vial with a red fluid slowly dipping his finger in it and drawing an eye right on his Hand that then wanders into a pocket on his side, producing a small bottle containing powdered pearls which he then flings it in front of the pyramid, casting a spell of intdentification without muttering even a single word*
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Fri May 30, 2014 3:35 pm

*Light sparks from the powder and the whole pyramid starts to glow faintly, staring intently for a short time Valerion loses track of time and surrounding before he snatches out of it, with a smile he slowly slides his hands into a bag, producing a bottle with a purple fluid, pouring it on it slowly, drop by drop, catching the fluid further down with an empty bottle*

"This should proof interesting lateron"
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:05 pm

*Again a slight smile wanders over Valerions smile*

"As I thought, or rather knew, a portal...where to, most likely an ancient Legardian leftover, or something specifically made and used by the dwarves, hmmm...",
scratching his chin Valerion takes another look around while walking around the pyramid, cocking his head slightly and stuffing away the absorber potion. His eyes seem to squint one or two times, as he looks around, but then he shrugs, still smiling, staring at the pyramid, facing his back to the others*

"That explains quite a lot...but...what exactly do they want to do with...hmmm. Well, I suppose I found out all I can find out for now...until I made something to replace that thing temporarily"

Last edited by Valerion on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:24 pm

The wyrmling reverts back into being a cat, ears flat, tail swishing thoughtfully.

"[He knows we're here. And probably knows who I am at least. I only know of myself, Saber and Fen who take on more that the forms nature blesses us with.]"

The cat looks above the pyramid, watching the air shift and move, fur bristling.

"[ I dislike this. But this is more in his area of expertise. If he draws a knife...]" The cat's fur stands on end, "[ We can't risk him opening it]"

Last edited by Elgate on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dratted colours)
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:34 pm

*A slight chuckle comes from Valerion as he turns to the darkness for a moment then back to the pyramid, but the smile vanishes, aswell as his chuckles abrubtly stops, his body tenses and he deeply inhales through his nose, making an almost hissing sound as he does so before he frowns, a shudder rides through him, making him clutch his amulet for a moment before he relaxes again, a deep, almost infernal sounding growl goes through his throat as he stares at the pyramid, still holding the amulet*

"This does not bode well...where is this priest, he should be back by now..."

Last edited by Valerion on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:05 am

Drurazhor kept staring at Valerion and the pyramid, frowning slightly, always with that grumpy expression, he nods to Grace as she comes back and comments that it is a risk for the strange man to open that strange structure;

"[So what are we going to do? You don't seem to be willing to do your best at this, talking. By your behaviour, that man seems very dangerous, are we going to do what - I - do best to end this? Or perhaps there is something else we can do?]" (//Wis check? Drurazhor wisdom is 25.))
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Grace flicked her tail. So she was bets known for talking now? She supposed that was true, although she was never any good with fancy speeches.

Gold eyes focused on the suit wearing wizard. She hated talking with the man. That option was not appealing.

Attacking him? Perhaps, between herself and Dru, they might be able to chase him off at least, but the wizard was tricky and she couldn't rely on the... seer to help.

She was willing enough to wait, but she was unsure Dru would be. She turns to Dru, tail still flicking in annoyance.

"[Speaking with him goes poorly. Attacking him would likely go the same way- or he'd flee. Might not endear the druid's to the dwarves if we attacked a man who just returned an artifact to their temple- while in their temple.]"

Grace looks back to the new cat.

"[What do you know of what's going on? Is he an immediate threat?]"
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:19 pm

*Valerion, after saying his last sentence, has become silent, voiceless, and still, not moving a finger but staring right at the shiny reflecting gems on the pyramid, a slight smile around his lips, standing with his back to the three cats*
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Grace's fur bristles, and her ears instinctively twitch, listening to the surrounding area. She was very familiar with the feeling of being watched from afar, in the way only scrying creates.

Yet Valerion hadn't...

She sends a thought, along a line, along a heart beat. Gets a questioning feeling in return. Ah, so not him. Aria? No, not likely. Perhaps Tony? Even A'rys? Why would they though? Who else knew her enough to scry her- and could breach a divination charm at that. She'd only known Valerion to break it...

Last edited by Elgate on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Roll resolved)
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:38 am

Grace suspected it to be Valerion. She wouldn't put it past the archmage to be able to cast a spell secretively, and in which case would mean he was fully aware of who she was, even if he didn't know who the others were. It could be possible it was another force, but that was an even more worrying thought. Right now she didn't need things to be more complicated then they were, and considering unknown forces wasn't going to help.

Not that Valerion knowing she was there was going to make her any more willing to talk. At this current point in time she was tired enough to simply walk back out into the citadel. Valerion's past with demons made him unlikely to want to unleash them upon Esrogoth, although who knows. He still summons demons to have power over them.

She would remain watching for now.
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 pm

The dwarven priest returns, holding an intricately designed case.

After waiting for a few minutes, with no reaction from Valerion, he clears his throat respectively.

"Your Lordship, I was asked to give this to you as well. We originally intended to give it to the gentleman assisting with the repairs, but you are apparently the rightful owner."
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content