Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel

+2
Hacatsu
Elgate
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel - Page 5 Empty Re: Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel

Post  Elgate Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:01 pm

"Well, I don't see myself making much progress here. I'm going to take your 'go home' suggestion, and see if I can get more answers through methods better suited to someone of my skills. I wish you two the bets of luck- But will say that going in that thing is a very bad idea."

With that, the druid shifts back into a cat, and makes to leave.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel - Page 5 Empty Re: Unusual Activity: Eastern Citadel

Post  Absol 13 Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Aria sighs and looks over the, thing, she wasnt sure what it was anymore..
"Grace, be careful, Please I fear that something here, just aint right.... this pyramid..if only a few mages nearby activates, what powered it MUST be powerful.. I say we destroy this area or something, I dont care what teh gods think, I care for not having people dying...if it does indeed lead to the abyss, I think the gods would allow us to destroy it."she yawns a bit"Then i think i'll go find an inn to rest at..."
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:47 pm

*From the end of the tunnel, where Grace was about to walk through, a shadowy figure could be seen, instead of the fancy dress, Valerion was now wearing his robe and cowl, in his right hand, his favourite staff, the "Mindshield" in his other, a book engraved with mystical silver runes, under the cowl a slight grin forms as he slowly, leisurly walks through the corridor, his staff making loud, clacking noises everytime he takes a step towards Grace and the hall behind her*

"Sooo, quite the commotion down here, you know dusk is coming and there are two guards chuckling at walls? I do not know which one of you did it, but if they snap out of whatever spell is haunting them right now, they will surely be, confused, angry and up in arms to do something to someone they somehow deem responsible, and half authorities in a blind panic due to the fact the gate was open in the night and the guards mental. So...someone care to explain what happened while I was seeing to some things?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Drurazhor glares at Valerion, then he just turn his back to the wizard, and approaches one of the holes in the sides of the pyramid, climbing near the one which was missing a stone, examining its hole.
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Race: Dwarf

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:04 pm

no one here did that the man that did vanished with another after coming here

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:40 pm

"So, and who were these two men, and how did they look, and what exactly did they?"

*Leaning his staff against his shoulder he opens the book, reading in it, from time to time eyeing the pyramid with an empty glare, his finger glides along the lines of the books as he whispers something unintelligible before closing the book with a loud thumping sound*

"Something has changed for sure...the energies are different now, less chaotic than before, more directed, and if I am not wrong I can see there is a connection built up, not like before where it had remnants of energy but no actual...purpose, so it seems although missing the main powersource, and the dagger for whatever purpose he has, it is possible to use it as a beacon, although I believe where it leads now is not the former goal it had when fully powered, otherwise it would not have needed such a powersource if two men can activate it to be a portal that remains open, I will just assume that because now it is open and if noone of you did it while when I was here earlier it was not open, anyway back to work.

It would not have needed the powersource, UNLESS the goal has another such powersource and is in truth the source of the tunnel, is holding the connection open, while this portal is but the receiving beacon and while a direct connection from here was not possible to build up slowly, it might have been possible for the other two people to have sent a message through it, which takes a much lesser amount of energy to have the people on the other side to open it if it has such a powersource, but this is but a theory..."
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:43 pm

don't know who they were, but they were arguing with someone outside of the citadel.i chose to follow after the arguement when i caught up one of the men had his hands on the shoulders of the guards and then one open the gates the other just turn and face the wall. the men walk to the pyramid one guy focus on it then touched the other guy and vanished.though one of the males had arcane runes caved onto his flesh.

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:38 am

Hmmm, a man without gesture or speech to cast magic? *Valerion raised his brows in suprise at Mialee then looked at the pyramid, making a face*

"Well, that makes it likely that this magician for sure is pretty strong to be able not to use any gestures or incantations to cast a spell...or had some sort of spell readied which not everyone could see, arcane runes carved into his flesh you said? Interesting, I never really heard of something like that, except from one similar person of the cholla, but I believe there it had a different meaning than here.
Well, this surely sounds interesting, any more information on those two men or where they came from before they returned through the portal?"

*He then looks around, eyeing everyone before turning to Mialee*

"Oh where are my manners, I am Valerion Turingskar, Archmage and Lord of Vestalla, if I may ask for your name young lady?

Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:47 am

I'm Mialee. when i was following the two just before the two men entered the city. The one man that had touched the guards, could of sworn he turned and smiled right at me before he entered the city, and i was following invisible. i am not sure how he knew i was there cause if he could see me why let me follow.

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Drurazhor hisses at Mialee.

"[The girl should keep her mouth shut! I don't think giving these informations to that wizard will help us.]"
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:09 pm

*Valerion gives a grinning sideglance to Durazor before nodding to Mialee*

"So, a spell, transferred by a touch, or close proximitry, that most likely was able to either sense magical forces behind him or who had a truesight spell carved in or enchanted truesight equipment with him activated. No voice, no gesture, most likely a prepared effect from a magical item OR someone who's power comes close to mine when it comes to regular academic magic, so best to have someone go up there, and have those guards snap back out of it, and perhaps tell them or their superiors the story so they may support in investigation or removal of possible threats?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hacatsu Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:28 pm

The cat then sits near the base of the pyramid, right next to the hole, wagging his tail from side to side, slowly. He glances at Grace.

"[Grace, there's something inside the hole on this side of the pyramid, I need you to take it for me. Please.]"
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:55 pm

The other cat stares back at Dru, but flicks her tail and walks towards the pyramid.

The tabby cat leaps onto the pyramid, examining where Dru was focused on. She leaps back off the pyramid and turns into a human, speaking to seemingly no one in general while focusing on the pyramid, hands raised as if to cast something.

"Also, a tiefling activated the pyramid and went through it. I don't think he did so intentionally"
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:03 pm

*Valerions eyes follow Grace's movements for a while before she stands again, for a moment he looked at the place she has concentrated on before he looks to her, eyebrows raised*

"A tiefling....in here, activated...any idea how?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Aria Sighed too much was going on again, and Valerion, always him, gods damn him.. he probably wanted the pyramid for himself.
"I say we destroy this thing.. it stops the men coming through and other things too."
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Vines push their way through the floor at Grace's feet, where she stood a little way away from the pyramid, seemingly sustaining themselves on Grace's channeled magic alone. They creep over the pyramid, forcing off-shoots into any nook and cranny, until it reaches the spot Dru pointed out- thin vines pushing there way through any gap and then pushing up.

"No idea how. He jumped back into it. Apparently it had enough power to transport him." Grace cocks her head, eyes still focused on the pyramid, " Then again... Aria, did you do anything to it? When it hummed?"
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:17 am

*With his stare at the pyramid and the roots he gives a short sideglanceto his side, he raises his hand flat to Grace and just says one word into the hall that echoes through it*
"STOP"

*Then he turns entirely to Grace, a frown on his face, the gleam of grey in his eyes has almost faded, one culd almost see through it, almost, it still covered them, what was weird was...there was actual concern on his face, worry, and not of the one kind that was known to them, angry and grim concern for wealth or power*

"I do not know what you intend on doing, but refrain from it for the moment, I felt something...like a rupture of energy...and it did not feel good, what exactly are you doing or trying to do?"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 am

Grace's eye finally flick away from the pyramid, staring intensely at Valerion- the vines don't seems to stop entirely, still writhing over the pyramid, but gormlessly. Grace still has her hands outstretched to control them.

"There's something inside the pyramid." She replies simply, "Rupture?"

Last edited by Elgate on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:15 am

"Worse, this pyramid is connected to a portal to another portal to another anchor, and i do not know about you, but I doubt that heaving a part of the pyramid out of it will do any good, a suddenly interrupted portal that does not fade out may cause a backwash of high power"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:40 pm

"I want this thing deactivated. However, I would prefer to do that with out too much collateral damage." Grace frowns, glancing between the vines and the Archmage.

"How would you suggest dealing with it? This is more your area of expertise, no?"
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:07 pm

*He steps closer to the pyramid, concentrating his sense as he examines it* "Where were you able to see it, or rather, your little cat, I want to see first, before I make any conclusion of what to do or how to get it out"
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyAloura Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:38 pm

*Mialee stands back abit watching what is going on curiously*

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:18 am

"You won't be able to see much now- not with the vines." Grace tilts her head, pupils dilating, looking as if she's listening- or focusing- intently upon something, "It's... small. Light- perhaps comparable to a cup of water. Hard.. rough. Not connected to anything else. It won't break any of the mechanisms inside, as complex and intricate as they are..."
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 am

"Then be VERY careful and do not let the vines grow too thick, continue"

*He then turns to the pyramid, watching it and concentrating his magical senses on it*
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 pm

Grace flicks one eyebrow up somewhat dismissively, returning her gaze to the pyramid and urging the vines to wrap around the object and pull it out.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next