Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide

3 posters

Go down

Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide Empty Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide

Post  Animayhem Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:21 pm

I think this is an important item to bring up. As to what happened earlier today if a dm or oda wishes details I will send in pm.

Whether permanently in the journal or a reference widget. Right now the rules are either listed in noob u or the hall of gods.

I am most concerned that there is nothing (at least that I can see in the game or forum ) which describes PVP rules.

If nothing else all the world's I have played on make sure this is foremost in player knowledge and access.

Just because you are evil does not give you the right to attack and kill anything in sight and vice versa just because your are good does not give you the right to slay everything evil.

PVP is a part of d and d and if porperly managed can enrich a plot or character.

This is form another place I play simple and to the point:\

other pw wrote:PvP (including Pick-Pocketing) is by mutual consent only. PvP should only be done for good RP reason as well. Note: being evil is NOT good RP reason to go around killing PCs! Don't forget that losing a fight can be just as good RP (sometimes better) than winning one. If you don't want to PvP, that is perfectly acceptable.

Before engaging in PvP you must send an OOC tell to any player(s) involved and set them to hostile with the Player List Like/Dislike button.

If you have initiated a conflict and your opponent doesn't want PvP, allow them every RP opportunity to back down and get out of a fight -- do not keep after someone who doesn't want to fight. Do not attempt to provoke an attack of opportunity by use of the Taunt ability, casting a spell or any other means.

If another player has initiated a conflict against you and you don't want to participate, you must then back down -- do not sit there verbally harassing your antagonist because you know they can't hit you without consent

Any consequences of PvP must be agreed upon by those players involved.

Griefing:

repeated killing/attacking of PCs without following PvP consent rules.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide Empty Re: Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide

Post  GM_ODA Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 am

pardon this one, somehow ended up in wrong thread (bad back day - concentration really suffers for it some days).

Last edited by GM_ODA on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide Empty Re: Quick and Dirty IN game Rules guide

Post  Elgate Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:59 am

I'm not really sure what you mean by that ODA. (Mispost) Obviously we can't* just copy another PW's rules, but we still need set rules of some sort and a way of viewing them IG, so we can quickly end debates if we end up butting heads IG. A big 'DA RULEZ' book of some sort, or widget that brings up a conversation, or a list of the major rules in the journal under completed quests or the like.

Maybe things like, rules for:

PvP (How much OOC consent is needed, warning given, right to back out, time before returning to the area again so on)
Pickpocketing (Size, price, how many at a time, consent)
Permadeath
Langauge (Eg, certain swear words)
Item restrictions
Metagaming (What counts as Metagaming)
Adult content (We seem to have an agreement on the 'PG Rating- keep all else in tells')
Leveling (Any builds restricted? Some servers have it so that you must have at least 5 levels in a taken class to prevent people from taking a single level purely for a feat or skills)
Restriction on how many 'non-standard' characters you create (not have, as characters sometimes change, such as in the cases of lycanthropy, vampirism, certain events), to prevent the world being filled with 'rare' races.

Last edited by Elgate on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:41 am

Elgate wrote:I'm not really sure what you mean by that ODA. Obviously we can just copy another PW's rules, but we still need set rules of some sort and a way of viewing them IG, so we can quickly end debates if we end up butting heads IG. A big 'DA RULEZ' book of some sort, or widget that brings up a conversation, or a list of the major rules in the journal under completed quests or the like.

Maybe things like:

Rules for:

PvP (How much OOC consent is needed, warning given, right to back out, time before returning to the area again so on)
Pickpocketing (Size, price, how many at a time, consent)
Permadeath
Langauge (Eg, certain swear words)
Item restrictions
Metagaming (What counts as Metagaming)
Adult content (We seem to have an agreement on the 'PG Rating- keep all else in tells')
Leveling (Any builds restricted? Some servers have it so that you must have at least 5 levels in a taken class to prevent people from taking a single level purely for a feat or skills)
Restriction on how many 'non-standard' characters you create (not have, as characters sometimes change, such as in the cases of lycanthropy, vampirism, certain events), to prevent the world being filled with 'rare' races.

This is I know its a beta server but still. Even though those rules are from another pw, believe it or not on another I play and the one that is dead, the PVP rules were essentially the same. The subjects Elgate posted
are covered and available in game on all these worlds.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down