Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step up! No Excuses!

+2
Elgate
Shar
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Step up! No Excuses! - Page 2 Empty Re: Step up! No Excuses!

Post  Shar Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:40 pm

IF everyone on that list gives what they said then yes...

I was able to gather the exta $111 USD. But frankly noone can back down from that mark.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:54 pm

I donated the collective funds i was able to get together so in total thats....

80.80 + 161 + 212 = $453.80

as long we can count on Elgate for that last 48 we have the 500!

((Disclaimer: They may have already donated it but i am not privy to that info.))
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Once I have a paypal account where I can transfer money from an account to the paypal account without giving them the allowance to leech it from my account. (Security reasons etc) I will donate aswell, around 50-100 dollars maybe more, so if we can get the 500 now, I will take up the next few months XD.

I can't guarantee it though, things are threatening to slope deep down again at my side here...bureaucracy, incompetence and such may stretch my money thin until the paperwork is through.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 am

Friends,
We are _almost_ there. Remember the $500 is in addition to the first hosting fee (it functions to pay off the hardware costs - the advantage to the hosting company is they don't have out of pocket expenses to deal with so they pass that on in the form of a $50 a month lower monthly fee.

As long as we land in the $600-700 range we'll have enough to get a new server AND gain the price reduction (on on the new server which will cost less than our current server).

The estimated (low end servers) cost about $100 per month, I get a 25% discount on that which takes the monthly to about $75. The $500 makes it so we get another discount of $50 off the monthly, so we'll end up with a server cost around $25 by the look of it all. THIS will be extremely easy to afford, and will keep us in good form for a long long time to come.

I want you ALL to know I really appreciate this and I think the whole server community (donors and non-donors alike) really appreciate it too. I can tell you all first hand that I know what a job it is coming up with the hosting fees (I did it for six years). The server would FOLD if not for you good people. Thank you. Building a server, operating one, dealing with all the demands associated with it (beyond just the money) is a difficult thing, nothing comes easy. It is an expression of caring like this that helps me carry on in what is otherwise a mostly thankless task. Bless you friends. We are almost there (the big goal - of getting new server AND maximize the price discount we qualify for in the future.)

IF we do not make the total amount ($500+first quarter), I will set aside all overage and we'll try for the new server next quarter. YOU HAVE ALREADY SCORED A SUCCESS in that you have achieved at least the cost of another quarters' hosting (and much more) - which (if we do not make the big goal) will give us a good starting point for the next attempt at doing so. KUDOS to you all!

As we move forward, please keep in mind the great advantages of this hosting system, bandwidth the likes of which no home system can duplicate, server repair in the event of failure in about an hour (parts are NEVER an issue, they are all ON HAND), and a machine that ONLY runs your favorite game : Neverwinter Nights.

Shoulder to the wheel friends, we need one more good PUSH!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:35 am

I've donated $50 USD, so that means we've reached $503.80.

I'm afraid that's me done- I still need to eat Razz

Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:02 am

Same... any more is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone from me.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 am

Friends,
MANY MANY thanks to each of you who have donated. Your STELLAR effort is to be commended!

There are many more PLAYERS here too, and still 15 days (roughly) to go - so I have great confidence we'll make the goal. IF we miss plan A, then we go to plan B (and the new server waits another 90 days, giving us that much more time to generate the [very modest] difference).

You people have AMAZED me. Kudos to you all!

PRESENT LEVEL OF FUNDING:  $488.52

Last edited by GM_ODA on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADDED total.)
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm

wait...we still missing 11.48?

Crying or Very sad we forgot to take into account paypal fees grrr...

*sigh* i admit i am frustrated at this being needed in addition to the norm because i thought the 500 was just that.. However i would like to reiterate my earlier question... WHY do we need to upgrade? wouldn't it be cheaper to lower the rent on the server we already have? i would rather have the server fees be 15 per month than 25 or 35... every dollar counts...

Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Friend Shar,
All I can say is, this is the offer the company posts, on getting new server, can put the $500 on it to reduce monthly fee by $50. I don't set the rules, I just read and follow them.

The company wants us on the new server, that is the path to the lowest prices. It is getting harder and harder for them to stock parts for gear that is approaching 'obsolete' status in the hosting biz.

We still have a bit of time and a number of our 'regular donors' have not been heard from (yet).

I'll be posting a msg to all forum members asking all to visit the forum, the server and of course donate for our big server upgrade drive.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:04 pm

GM_ODA wrote:Friend Shar,
All I can say is, this is the offer the company posts, on getting new server, can put the $500 on it to reduce monthly fee by $50. I don't set the rules, I just read and follow them.

No one is blaming you Oda... The frustration is more along the lines of "I cant believe I missed that!" you know?
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Character sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:46 am

Friend Shar,
No offense taken and I know none was intended. I'm just saying, the wording on the offer is 'new server', and like I said they are itching to move us to more modern hardware, so they'd be disinclined to extend any special offers to us to keep using our old hardware.

We are very very close to the goal. Be patient - it will happen.

To all you good people who have stepped up to donate, BLESS YOU ALL, and THANK YOU! To the rest of you good people who have not yet donated; remember, WE NEED YOUR HELP. Every little bit helps, so if you can drop even a couple dollars in our collection hat you have our earnest gratitude.

Just to recap : Our hosting company would be happier if we migrated from this old server we are presently on to a newer server. Making this migration allows the hosting company to optimize use of the space available at the data center as the older server is bigger than the new ones. The old server is less efficient and harder to find parts to repair it should it fail, so the company wants to phase out that line of hardware in favor of the new stuff. Toward this end the hosting company is offering we last few hold-outs on the old hardware really good incentives to migrate to a new server... discounts! If we rally our funds (approx $600 - 650 is the overall goal) I can negotiate a deal with the hosting company that could bring our monthly costs below $30 (which would make continuing to operate the server much much easier on us all). It is a fair sum of money we are seeking - but we are ALMOST to the goal! The deadline (our renewal date) is coming up middle of November.

HELP US SHOULDER THE WHEEL. Donate what you can. Thanks in advance.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:09 am

GM_ODA wrote:(approx $600 - 650 is the overall goal)

Whhhha...

e_e

*Gets out wallet*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ehhh

Neutral
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Haven Arnimane
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  sploenk Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:49 pm

DONE!

Oda send me a PM with specifics and i'll step up....

cheers
sploenk
sploenk
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-10-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Salino Mudenya
Race: Halfling
Overall Level: 36

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 am

Friends,
Many thanks to all who helped in. I negotiated the best deal I could manage, details in this other thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next