Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion - PvP mode

+2
Ranger of the Pubs
eve_of_disaster
6 posters

Go down

Suggestion - PvP mode Empty Suggestion - PvP mode

Post  eve_of_disaster Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:30 am

I would like to see a system where you can knock somebody out without killing them. Or even better that you stay your hand when they reach 1 hp's from player vs player combat and that the enemy then falls to their knees in defeat. You could put "kill on" or "kill off" in the rest menu. This would mean that normal RP can continue after a battle.
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Suggestion - PvP mode Empty Re: Suggestion - PvP mode

Post  Ranger of the Pubs Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 am

i agree that would be great! I've seen something like this implemented on mods. I think its called "subdual mode" and its done perhaps with a widget of some sort.. it could probably be added to the runestone.
Another player, viremental brought up something else sort of related to this, and i thought it would also be a good idea, that there be a seperate widget JUST for Jumping.. it takes a bit to go through the motions of it, and would be a lot quicker if it was on one widget. Just a thought.

Ranger of the Pubs

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnmeyaMax Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 am

Ranger of the Pubs wrote:i agree that would be great! I've seen something like this implemented on mods. I think its called "subdual mode" and its done perhaps with a widget of some sort.. it could probably be added to the runestone.
Another player, viremental brought up something else sort of related to this, and i thought it would also be a good idea, that there be a seperate widget JUST for Jumping.. it takes a bit to go through the motions of it, and would be a lot quicker if it was on one widget. Just a thought.

Having an individual widget for jumping would stock up the widgets, making it less user-friendly. Adding the the jump ability to the Rune Stones quick slot, so that the user himself can assign the jump ability. This prevents a widget stock-up, and makes it more user-friendly.
You would just need to right-click the Rune Stone while in quick slot and choose the jump ability. (Similar to the Long-Range option)
AnmeyaMax
AnmeyaMax
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Rohan in'Erlor
Overall Level: 20

http://anmeyastudios.uuuq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:56 pm

AnmeyaMax wrote:
Ranger of the Pubs wrote:i agree that would be great! I've seen something like this implemented on mods. I think its called "subdual mode" and its done perhaps with a widget of some sort.. it could probably be added to the runestone.

Having an individual widget for jumping would stock up the widgets, making it less user-friendly. Adding the the jump ability to the Rune Stones quick slot, so that the user himself can assign the jump ability. This prevents a widget stock-up, and makes it more user-friendly.
You would just need to right-click the Rune Stone while in quick slot and choose the jump ability. (Similar to the Long-Range option)
'
Yeah. Then it becomes a playertool which you can assign directly to a slot by rightclicking a vacant slot and adding from your class. Then you can just press the slot and where you want to go. Smile
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriniel Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Ranger of the Pubs wrote:Another player, viremental brought up something else sort of related to this, and i thought it would also be a good idea, that there be a seperate widget JUST for Jumping.. it takes a bit to go through the motions of it, and would be a lot quicker if it was on one widget.

Very Happy

Jumping from the Quick Slot quickly:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Eriniel
Eriniel
Lead Scripter

Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulrek Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 pm

personally i like the idea, would help with PvP and would make wild magic messing with raise scrolls alot less harmful, and could make them less needed for a duel, which if it was just with two friends would not be to the death, and allow IC duels without respawning.

cheers all.

-Ulrek-
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Dranz Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 am

Isn't this basically what subdual tools are for? I've seen servers use them, supposedly they make you not kill the person you attack, or something like that.

Dranz
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Character sheet
Character Name: Teb'fryn Do'lyl
Race:
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content