Information.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Information.

Post  Absol 13 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:21 pm

So, I was showing a new person around and asked the question"ok so [INSERT CHARACTER NAME] just arrived in a new city/land, Where would they go/do first?" they replied
"Find out about the place"

It was then(unless i'm the forgetful fool again)That there is no place to learn about the city(at least I don't think so) And I mean learn as in, background, and stuff- where to find, where to go, like.. I guess the modern comparison would be a visitors center? you know?
Thoughts?Or facts, If I have Completely forgotten about something?

I know the ghost is a infobox/ghost/thing but he dont give you the history, what to look out for, Who's in power-such and such.
silent
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 696
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Re: Information.

Post  GM_ODA on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:54 am

Friend Absol,
Good questions.

Information regarding the city and the world are first presented to the PC in the form of OOC materials:

JOURNAL - gives the PLAYER information to locate the forum and the web site where loads of information is easy to access. Further, entries here give info on camping, rope use, food & drink, autofollow and emote tools, map journal, personal fund & coins, herbal bandages, languages, log books, holy symbols, and rogue gear.

INVENTORY ITEMS:

KRAG'S NOTES: This one item spills the beans on LOADS of stuff. One section details DOHRAL itself covering topics including the Acerian Tradeway, Bennin oz Dohral, the lands surrounding Dohral and some details on nearby ports.

ENCOUNTERS:

Esoliranith Ozapremo: This is a NPC sage on board the 'ship on high seas' he is sea-sick and willing to talk about ANYTHING just to distract himself from his gastric distress. PCs can TALK channel talk to this NPC and gain a wealth of information about Dohral and the surrounding lands, as well as details about the races and other places found in game.

Thus we provide both IC and OOC material for the PLAYER - later we'll be adding more 'immediate adventure opportunities' to get the PC involved while still 'fresh off the boat', these adventures will help each CLASS better understand the nature of the place from their own unique POV. For now, the basics are covered as noted above.

Is anything missing? Feedback helps.

96.31.77.127 NWN server requires cep2.1+
24x7 we bring the game.
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

http://playnwn.hopto.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:11 am

Ok- so If you do the dramatic entrance, you can talk to this sage, What about if you do the practical one? CAn we have some way to talk to him then?~ but yeah, thanks for the wonderful reply's ODA <3
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 am

Absol 13 wrote:Ok- so If you do the dramatic entrance, you can talk to this sage, What about if you do the practical one? CAn we have some way to talk to him then?~ but yeah, thanks for the wonderful reply's ODA <3

Excellent question.

Several of the NPCs you can meet aboard the 'ship in high seas' are, like your PC, sort of stranded here in Dohral, they can be found at various times of the month in different locations. For example, Bellargh the belligerent dwarf makes the rounds of every tavern in the city of Dohral, a different one each night. The sage is not a big drinker but he _can_ be found at times dining in the tavern which is part of the inn known as the Elderwood. When not there, the sage might be found in his rooms at that inn, or at the College of Dohral.

For DMs looking to interact with PCs as the sage, note: the sage seeks passage to the Mendokennai Fair, which was his destination before the ship took storm damage and left him 'stranded' here in Dohral.

96.31.77.127 NWN server requires cep2.1+
24x7 we bring the game.
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

http://playnwn.hopto.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 am

*nods* Thank you ODA, I'd forgotten about krags notes. Heh-Been such a LOOOONG times this I used them.
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content