Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ for ArgentumRegio

Go down

FAQ for ArgentumRegio Empty FAQ for ArgentumRegio

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:16 pm

What follows are the most Frequently Asked Questions here on ArgentumRegio. If your question is not already answered here or in the ASK A DM board.

Note: herein DM means DUNGEON MASTER, PC means the PLAYER CHARACTER or character YOU would play if you were playing NWN ordinarilly, and PLAYER would mean YOU.

General
-What is Neverwinter Nights (aka NWN )?
-What is ArgentumRegio?
-How do I start?
-What is Roleplaying?
-What year is ArgentumRegio set in?
-What is required to play on ArgentumRegio? Are there any haks required to play on ArgentumRegio?
I tried it before or heard the CEP does not work. Is there a quick fix?
-I heard there is a custom portrait pack available for ArgentumRegio. How do I get that?
-How do I get the CEP heads to work for me?

Connecting To The Server
-What is the server details, hardware and features?
-What is the server password?
-How do I DIRECT CONNECT?
-I was just on and now it says my CD key is in use and I can't log in?
-HELP ME I've been banned!

Dungeon Masters (DMs)
-Who is on the DM Team?
-When are the DMs on and/or when do they run events?
-How do I contact a DM in game?
-DM channel tells me there are no DMs online, now what?
How do I contact a DM via the forums?
-How do I become a DM?

Requests
-How do I start a guild?
-Can I buy property and develop it?
-I have seen unique items that are not in shops, how can I get things like that?
-Can I alter armor/weapon/shield to get a particular look?
-Is there a way to delete characters from my vault?
-Can I have a custom item made for my character or to add to the mod?
-I know of a hak/script ArgentumRegio could use. Who do I send it to?
-I have a quest/situation idea for the DMs for my or other PCs. Who do I talk to?

Classes, PC Concepts, and Levels
-I goofed during the leveling process! Can DM de-level and re-level me?
-Can I roleplay being a child/can I have a child?
-Can my character be a follower of a powerful patron?
-Can I play a non-standard race or being?
-Is it possible to roleplay a Dragon Disciple of a color OTHER than Red?

Languages
-I have a language token, how is it used?
-How do I get language tokens?
-How many language tokens can my PC have?
-What Language tokens are available on ArgentumRegio?
-Can druids and rangers speak with animals?

Game Mechanics
-I lost something because of a bug/issue, what do I do?
-What are these items I've found in my inventory (emote wand, autofollow widget, etc)?
-How does stealth and detection work on ArgentumRegio?
-Can I use Detect Evil, Scrying, etc?
-Can I use other spells etc. from the PnP DnD game that aren’t available in NwN?
-What modifications do I get for putting a subrace in my subrace listing?
-How do I rest? Help me please!
-There's something wrong with the spells! Why is it strange here?
-Will ArgentumRegio be coming out with an NWN2 server?

Game Play Questions
- Is POWERGAMING OK?
- Is CYBERING (sexually explicit situations/dialog) OK?
- Is METAGAMING OK?

- How is Death and Dying handled here?

Last edited by GM_ODA on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:57 am; edited 3 times in total
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

FAQ for ArgentumRegio Empty Re: FAQ for ArgentumRegio

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Q: What is Neverwinter Nights (aka NWN )?
A: Neverwinter Nights is perhaps the best computer Role Playing Game ever made. Created by BIOWARE, NWN is in its final patch (which is good because now we all know there will be no further changes to the game, no further patches, and all major bugs are resolved). NWN may be an 'older' game in some sense, but it runs on nearly any computer you have, is small and best, has an incredibly brilliant toolkit so users like myself can create remarkable adventures, stunning game worlds and share them with multiple players online. Maybe even with you? If you have NWN patch it up to the final version (1.69) by directing your browser to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and click on the big 'update to 1.69' button. Do yourself a favor and burn this file to a CD for backup purposes, then install the downloaded exe. Download the CEP too (more on that below). Neverwinter Nights has long had a strong community - full of good people with fertile imaginations and a broad range of skills. The result is that many years after the games' release, there are still thousands of PLAYERS online any hour of the day or night enjoying what is quite possibly the best computer Dungeons and Dragons games online.

NWN offers a slimmed down version of Dungeons & Dragons version 3.0, with a hint of Dungeons & Dragons (aka D&D or DnD) version 3.5 here and there. A PLAYER can create a character that is one of several classes such as WIZARD, RANGER, ROGUE, PRIEST or BARD to name but a few, be they DWARF, ELF, GNOME, or HUMAN (or something even stranger). These PLAYERS then have their PCs solo or in PARTIES embark upon adventures in a fantasy world of magic and monsters.

Neverwinter Nights offers fast combat, graphics and software that work smoothly even on laptops/notebooks and older computers. It supports both single player and multi-player modes, and perhaps most spectacularly, it offers the DM CLIENT software which permits some to login to a server and act as a DUNGEON MASTER or DM, imbued with the powers of a veritable godling, the DM can cause any object, item or monster to appear, or change LIVE in game. The DM acts as a sort of 'storyteller' organizing a plot and populating your adventures with interesting Non Player Characters ( NPCs ) to excite and challenge your sense of fantastic adventure!

Q: What is ArgentumRegio?
A: ArgentumRegio is a roleplaying-encouraged (RP-encouraged) server. We focus here on roleplay and character development. The intent is to collaboratively, with the aid of all the other PLAYERs & DMs, to create an uniquely exciting, entertaining game world that feels so real it is almost alive! The server setting is the ORIGINAL, more details on our web, wiki and in this FAQ.

Argentum Regio offers nearly a thousand Areas for your PC to explore. Included here are such features as climbing, flying, swimming, swinging from vines/ropes, camping, using windows as well as doors, and a myriad of race or class specific powers special to your PC build.

Q: How do I start?
A: Create a character by logging into the server with your NWN game software. Observe your PC's environ and have the PC act accordingly.

As an aside, your PC starts in an Out Of Character (OOC) area which includes an altar (for priests mostly), a few chairs (one for DMs) a trash barrel you can discard gear you are _certain_ you will not need, and a single exit. East is the altar where you may optionally set your PC's deity (our world uses unique deities), West is another area where you may equip your PC better or await a DMed Event to start (DM's have PCs rally here pre-game).

Q: What is Roleplaying?
A: Roleplaying is acting, regardless of the medium it is delivered through, it is the act of portraying the role, mores specifically of a fantasy character here in Argentum Regio. While roleplaying, you and your fellow PLAYERS are interactively creating your own unique adventures, each articulating their own unique PC with unique goals and motivations.

Regardless of your particular PC details, YOU play the part of the PC. How does the PC spend his/her time? How does the PC live? How does the PC interact with others? You might portray your PC with some quirky mannerism, or set of 'tag lines', a style of dress, a favored weapon, inn or drink. How about your PCs past and plans for the future? Defining and applying these in game are the art of roleplay. Roleplaying is the act of pretending you are someone else.

In the NWN style, RP is shared by the things you TYPE as well as the actions you undertake with your PC. Like in dramatic scripts, certain forms of formatting have evolved to make reading what is typed more meaningful. It is typical that an emote is expressed by asterisks (*) before and after the action-emote, such as *coughs* or *farts* or *blushes*, other emotes are detailed in the IN GAME ITEM PLAYER HANDBOOK. Text typed into the TALK channel is visible to those in visual line of sight and sometimes lurking just out of sight, most RP is done in this mode. Any TALK channel activity NOT in character (IC) should be prefaced or followed by either the designation "OOC" or "//" to help distinguish such text from the actual SPEECH of your PC. Text in the PARTY channel is presumed OOC or "Out Of Character"
. PARTY chat should be kept to a minimum, it is considered "metagaming" in many PLAYERs' minds, so try to be respectful of the level of PARTY chatter your current PARTY is amenable to, and try to do most OOC by TELL channel as a courtesy to all (especially the DMs who see all PARTY traffic).

Last edited by GM_ODA on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:23 pm

===--- LINKS ON RP HERE---===

Q: What year is ArgentumRegio set in?
A: The current year is 400 CR. This is comparable to 11th century Europe technologically with the addition of fantastic magic.

Q: What is required to play on ArgentumRegio?
A: You will need Neverwinter Nights version 1.69, and both the "Shadows of Undrentide" and "Hordes of the Underdark" expansion packs. You will also need CEP v2.1 or better (see below).

Q: Are there any haks required to play on ArgentumRegio?
A: The only one required is the Community Expansion Pack 2.1, if you have CEP 2.2 or 2.3 or 2.4 that will work here just fine. Follow the link HERE for instructions on downloading and installing CEP.

Q: I tried it before or heard the CEP does not work. Is there a quick fix?
A: In this writers experience it is often the TLK file that is missing, if a message indicates this is the case for you after you have installed the CEP, look in your HAK folder for the missing file, if not there, look in the original archive/download. COPY the .tlk files, paste into your TLK folder found in the same folder as your nwmain.exe file. If the TLK folder does not exist there, create it.

Q: I heard there is a custom portrait pack available for ArgentumRegio. How do I get that?
A: The custom portrait pack is being assembled now, please send your portraits (IP friendly please) to GM_ODA for inclusion.

Q: How do I get the CEP heads to work for me?
A: Our crafting system allows you to further customize your appearance both the PC and your GEAR!

Q: What is the server details, hardware and features?
A: This is a leased machine. The IP of the machine is 96.31.77.127. The server is located in a secure datacenter with redundant power supplies and multiple (fat) internet connections (better than T-1). It runs a LINUX operating system. The system is a P4 processor with 2 gigs of ram memory. It is stable. Crashes are very rare here. There is little if any lag (let us know if you find any). We do not need to restart the system as does many other servers. In short, this is a robust, well provisioned system. We gladly accept donations to help cover the cost of providing this amazing gaming experience. See our [url=playnwn.com]web site[/url] for the DONATION BUTTON, and THANK YOU for your kind support. Every dollar helps.

Q: What is the server password?
A: The server does not have a PLAYER password.

Q: How do I DIRECT CONNECT?
A: Direct connect to the server to bypass Gamespy (which _can_ induce lag if you connect through it). Please follow these instructions below.

METHOD ONE:

1. Start NWN as per normal, choose join LAN game.

2. At the bottom center of the screen choose Direct Connect button.

3. Enter the Server IP address which is 96.31.77.127:5121

METHOD TWO:
(WINDOWS USERS) Make a desktop icon directly linked to the server by doing the following steps.

1. COPY your NWN icon (right click and select COPY).

2. Navigate to your desktop and PASTE AS SHORTCUT.

3. Right click the new icon and select PROPERTIES.

4. Add to the target field after the path to your nwmain.exe
so it should be something like

C:NWN/nwmain.exe +connect 96.31.77.127:5121

THIS TOTALLY BYPASSES GAMESPY.

Last edited by GM_ODA on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added url, fixed IP port, fixed IP (change))
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Q: I was just on, but now it says my CD key is in use and I can't log in?
A: This happens occasionally with the Gamespy login servers. We recommend you wait five minutes and try again, repeat as needed.

Q: -HELP ME I've been banned!
A: Sometimes PLAYERS get banned by DMs for poor behavior, this may be temporary (hours, or days, or weeks) or permenant. Use our forum to contact a DM and ask for help. Please be nice.

Q: Who is on the DM Team?
A: The current list is found HERE.

Q: When are the DMs on and/or when do they run events?
A: Our forums include a CALENDAR and our DMs list their events on it, browse it for more info at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Q: How do I contact a DM in game?
A: Use the DM channel. DMs are happy to answer any questions you may have, but please be nice. DM. DM's are busy people and may have other pressing tasks underway. If you do not get a response in a timely manner, try again five minutes later. Please do not spam the DM.

Q: DM channel tells me there are no DMs online, now what?
A: Try the forum (see below) or look for one of GM_ODA's or Eriniel's "test PCs" online (such as for ODA - Daht Greelar, Firkin Alechuggar, or

Q: How do I contact a DM via the forums?
A: Visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sign in and PM a DM with your question or you can post your question in the board ASK A DM. Please be patient we will get to you as soon possible.

Q: How do I become a DM?
A: Previous experience with the NWN DM Client is not required. Please contact GM_ODA or DM_Eriniel to start on that path. We DO accept DM applications - we appreciate YOUR INTEREST. Details on the steps in our DM Orientation Program can be found HERE.

Q: How do I start a guild?
A: To have a guild, you must meet all of the following:

-You must have a Guild Name that well reflects the essence of the campaign and the (publicly known) purpose of the guild (if any).

-When you found a guild your PC is designated as the Leader of the Guild. This leader will act as a communications hub for the Guild and the DM's. A Guild Leader may recruit other PCs to join the guild and even assume leadership positions.

-You must have a 100,000 gold coins which will purchase your 'license' to establish the guild.

-You must create and enter a detailed description and background of the Guild, describe such things as what kind of members it allows (races and classes), it's origin, it's purpose and what (if any) Deity/Deities it reveres, etc..

-You must submit in forum PM to a DM, a ruleset that describes the Laws and Codes of your Guild.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Q: Can I buy property and develop it?
A: Yes, we do have PLAYER OWNED HOUSING available, although to be frank, it is more 'leasing' than purchase. If your PC takes possession of property you MUST log on with that player regularly, if you are abscent overlong the automatic systems will reset the property to be available again for other players use.

Q: I have seen unique items that are not in shops, how can I get things like that?
A: Typically some things you see that other characters have were given to them as a reward for a DM run quest. This does not mean that you will always receive items for quests, nor should you (always) ask for them. That said, they _can_ be issued as quest rewards on occasion. NOTE: our DMs can create custom items on-the-fly. In addition to quest items, these special items can also be CRAFTED by you or by other PCs. You can learn all about CRAFTING by having your PC visit the College of Dohral in game where NPC tutors can train you in many forms of CRAFTING. These skills enable your PC to create items such as SMOKEBOMBS, POTIONS, WEAPONS, ARMOR, and OTHER MAGIC ITEMS.

Q: Can I alter armor/weapon/shield to get a particular look?
A: General answer for this is going to be no. Couple of reasons for this. One, is if we did it for one, we would have to do it for all. That would take up a lot of DM time that would be better spent questing and making ArgentumRegio a living breathing place. Second, is that we have several PCs who have put the skill points into Craft Weapon and Craft Armor specifically to help other PCs alter the looks of their cloths, armor, and weapons. Just look about in game and you're sure to find them.

Q: Is there a way to delete characters from my vault?
A: Yes, see the THREAD in the forum's GENERAL BOARD asking for specific PCs to be deleted BY FULL PC NAME and noting your PLAYERNAME. Note you MUST sufficiently identify your request or we will ignore it.

Q: Can I have a custom item made for my character or to add to the mod?
A: Yes. Our DMs can create custom items on-the-fly. You are free to request/hint at such things but there is no guarantee our DMs will accomodate you. However, if you are polite, RP well and are a good PLAYER in general, DMs will often agree to run special quests, create special items and help you develop your PC through RP events.

Q: I know of a hak/script ArgentumRegio could use. Who do I send it to?
A: Yes and no. Our general policy on ArgentumRegio is to NOT use any haks beyond that of the CEP. We would rather it be kept minimal so not much is needed to be downloaded in order to play on the server. Scripts are another matter entirely. Please post what the script does HERE first to see if the community would even be interested in implementing it. We are scripting gods, we do not mind creating scripts from scratch, but we ONLY invest such time for really good ideas, so let's have em! Note, some things in HAKs can be extracted to implement as scripts alone, ask and we'll review the contents of a HAK for specific features requested.

Q: I have a quest/situation idea for the DMs for my or other PCs. Who do I talk to?
A: We do NOT accept and run _all_ requests, but hey, you got an imagination too and if you like to share a little of it with us, we don't mind. Understand that your idea is a contribution and if we use it, it is ours.

Q: I goofed during the leveling process! Can DM de-level and re-level me?
A: Maybe. Ask a DM nicely and the DM chooses. The DM may ask for reasons why. Be nice. A DM's answer is final, and no, don't go ask daddy DM if mommy DM said no. Razz

Q: Can I roleplay being a child/can I have a child?
A: Yes. Understand it is a big, strange, cold world and terrible things can happen. Still, children were a part of ancient times and we allow for them by special arrangement only. Contact a DM for assistance.

Q: Can my character be a follower of a powerful patron?
A: Yes. By arrangement with DMs your PC _may_ be allowed a powerful patron, of nearly any sort, even extraplanar. This is done on a case-by-case basis, you need to persuade the DM to allow it by delivering a good backstory for WHY, HOW, etc. the association should come about.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Q: Can I play a non-standard race or being?
A: Yes. ArgentumRegio does support non-standard races as we please. We accept requests for consideration on a case-by-case basis. Post your request in the forum and we'll get back to you soon.

Q: Is it possible to roleplay a Dragon Disciple of a color OTHER than Red?
A: Yes. We are currently working on those systems. Please be patient.

Q: I have a language token, how is it used?
A: These are DMFI standard tools with a few tweaks. First 'use' the token, after that, type the following in the chat field:

[test the language system.

If you've done this correctly, the text after the bracket will appear as a different language in the chat window. To speak any language, use the token and type what you wish to speak with a single [ preceeding the text. Example:

[Hello world. How are you?

See your PLAYER GUIDE IN GAME ITEM for more details on how to use these and other DMFI based tools.

Q: How do I get language tokens?
A: When you create a new character systems will assess your PC's INT score and RACE. Your PC will be automatically issued a number of languages of the types appropriate to your PC. You may learn additional languages, if your PC has sufficient INT, from books, items, PCs and NPCs.

Text typed without using a language is presumed to be in THE COMMON TONGUE.

Q: How many language tokens can my character have?
A: ArgentumRegio follows the PnP guidelines regarding languages, though only priests and planar creatures typically get 'alignment languages'.

Q: What Languages are available on ArgentumRegio?
A: You asked for it....

Abyssal
Animal
Celestial
Draconic
Drow
Dwarven
Elemental
Elven
Giantish
Gnome
Goblin
Halfling
Human
Infernal
Orc
Snake
Sylvan
Thieves' Cant
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Game Mechanics

Q. Can druids and rangers speak with animals?
A: Yes. Use the 'Animal' language tool, the sounds your PC will make conform to the nearest animal.

Q: I lost something because of a bug/issue, what do I do?
A: Get a screen shot, it can offer proof and even clues of the nature of the bug/issue that caused the loss. To get a screen shot, simply press the "Print Scrn" key. The image will be a file in your NWN PICTURES folder that you can show as proof. Post about the bug HERE or PM a DM if it's more of a personal/private nature. Be detailed in your bug report.

Q: What are these items I've found in my inventory (emote wand, autofollow widget, etc)?
A: Do not be overwhelmed. Your PC starts in this world having already embarked on a long journey to visit the famous Mendokennai Fair. You bear with you most all your worldly possessions. OK, that is the IC rational, the OOC reason you have so much stuff is this, you can throw it away faster than you could go find and obtain what you might need. If you are new here, go run the tutorial to discover what it is you have and how it works, THEN discard what you know you will not need in your personal play style. DMFI tools are described in the IN GAME ITEM PLAYERS MANUAL.

Q: How does stealth and detection work on ArgentumRegio?
A: Stealthy PCs are hard to spot -even if in line of sight. I will re-iterate, stealthy PCs are hard to spot even in line of sight. Stealthing is not 'just standing there looking stupid' it incorporates using shadow, camoflage, and other local phenomonon to distract from and minimize ones own appearance. HIPS allows you to vanish in plain sight and may be treated as such which is different than stealth. One has a chance of stealth walking right past guards and similar sentries. All rolls are automatic on all sides.

Next, there's True Seeing. NWN game mechanics have made it so True Seeing reveals stealth and this is proper. True Seeing is magic and it defeats mundane precautions like HIPS and stealth with ease.

Q: Can I use Detect Evil, Scrying, etc?
A: Yes. We have implemented Detect Good/Evil/Law/Chaos in ArgentumRegio. All is automated.

Q. Can I use other spells etc. from the PnP DnD game that aren’t available in NwN?
A. Yes. We have added many new spells from the PnP DnD game and even a few originals. See current threads and discussion on available spells HERE.

Q: What modifications do I get for putting a subrace in my subrace listing?
A: It varies by subrace chosen, see the subrace thread for current details HERE.

Q: How do I rest? Help me please!
A: ArgentumRegio's resting system is configure to require 'civilized' classes rest in locations designated as 'restful' - or use a campsite (which you may make in any natural location). Other, rugged classes including the FIGHTER, ROGUE, RANGER, DRUID, BARBARIAN and MONK can rest anywhere, no gear needed. There are numerous inns located throughout ArgentumRegio where you can rent a room to rest.

A PC can rest every 6 in-game hours. So if a PC rests at Hour 10 the character can rest again at Hour 16. Each hour is 8 minutes long, so if a PC rested they would have to wait about 48 real-world minutes.

Q: There's something wrong with the spells! Why is it strange here?
A: Some spells have been adjusted for use on ArgentumRegio. Select spells have had their durations changed and several summoning spells have been altered, even to indroduce custom, ArgentumRegio creatures. A full listing is provided HERE SPELLS CHANGED to spells that have been altered.

Q: Will ArgentumRegio be coming out with an NWN2 server?
A: No. We have no plans to create a NWN2 version of this server/module at this time. Though, if asked nicely and with full financial support, I would be amenable to considering such a task. At present my computers are not up to running NWN2 and there is nothing inthe budget of money nor time to provide to such an endeavor at the time of this writing. OBSIDIAN, are you paying attention? Very Happy
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Game Play Questions
Q : Is POWERGAMING OK?
A : Presently, wikipedia defines powergaming as "Powergaming (or power gaming) is a style of interacting with games or game-like systems with the aim of maximising progress towards a specific goal, to the exclusion of other considerations such as (in videogames, boardgames, and roleplaying games) storytelling, atmosphere, camaraderie, and fun."

While building your PC in a way that makes it effective in the game is GOOD, powergaming at the expense of good RP, good sense and good fun is detrimental to the game. Generally, DMs will not discipline PLAYERS for powergaming reasons, but may report excesses to the ADMIN and the ADMIN will adjudicate. In short, build well, but RP as well, do not turn this into a sim-pissing contest, cause the ADMIN has the trump cards, don't make me play them.

Q : Is CYBERING (sexually explicit situations/dialog) OK?
A : NONE of us can know who is really on the other end of the keyboard & mouse. We cannot know the age nor sex of the other persons, we only know what they may tell us and many people lie for many reasons. Only a FOOL would take what they are told online at face value in these regards. It _may_ be a child/minor playing that other PC. None of us sensible folk want to be forced to engage in legal defenses involving child sex laws in any country, the ADMIN especially. Hence the rules on CYBERING are brief and direct. YOU AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS, I WILL FULLY COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THESE MATTERS. CYBERING IS NOT OFFICIALLY ALLOWED IN PUBLIC CHANNELS, BUT YOU MAY ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK ENGAGE IN PRIVATE [TELL] CONVERSATIONS ON ANY TOPIC. THESE ARE NOT MONITORED BY OUR ADMINS, NOR ARE WE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CRIMES COMMITTED USING THEM. AS NOTED, WE WILL COOPERATE FULLY WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT.

This said, it is the BUILDER'S philosophy that steamy details of personal relationships of a sexual nature between PCs does little if anything to help in traditional RPG. In my experience, it is enough to use 'television/movie' standards and just fade to black, then fade back with any relevant color text/effects as needed. There are plenty of adult sites out there you can get your jollies on, this is NOT that place, not a good choice of public forum for explicit text of a sexual nature. Keep it vague or keep it in TELLs.

Q : Is METAGAMING OK?
A : Wikipedia currently defines METAGAMING as "In role-playing games, a player is metagaming when they use knowledge that is not available to their character in order to change the way they play their character (usually to give them an advantage within the game), such as knowledge of the mathematical nature of character statistics, or the statistics of a creature that the player is familiar with but the character has never encountered. In general, it refers to any gaps between player knowledge and character knowledge which the player acts upon."

METAGAMING is NOT permitted here. DM's will chastise METAGAMING when they spot it, don't even bother complaining at the severity of the punishment, such complaints will fall on deaf ears.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 am

DEATH AND DYING

Q. Tell me about Death and Dying here?

A. THIS IS A SEMI-PERMA-DEATH SERVER.

SOULRUNES are LIFE TOKENS. Each PC starts with a number of SOULRUNES based on the PC's CONSTITUTION score, the higher the CONSTITUTION the more SOULRUNES. PCs can earn additional SOULRUNES in two ways, very rarely by DM award for EXCEPTIONAL ROLE PLAY, and by completing various very difficult TEMPLE BASED QUESTS.

NERFED FOR BETA - While in beta test, with each reset, your PC will subsequently get a full set of SOULRUNES. This is done to encourage you kind beta testers to be bold, explore and test. This means there may be a few amazing heroes and heroines who stockpile a number of SOULRUNES by being long term helpers in our beta test. So be it. The PLAYER of these PCs are free to sell to others' PCs, trade to other's PCs, give-away to others' PCs, or use personally their SOULRUNES as they see fit. THANK YOU BETA TESTERS.

Why we use perma-death? Because it means it is a rare thing that a PC reaches level 40, there is a steady reduction of PCs level by level so that while many are started at level 1 few are those who reach level 40. This is realistic and also helps keep a glut of high level PCs from making new PLAYERS avoid the server with the feeling that they cannot participate well as a lowbie PC.

POST MORTEM - When your PC dies (bleeds out), the game controls offer (among other options) the RESPAWN button. USING this option sends the PC with all gear to the fugue planes where the PC meets an NPC representative of the PC's god. By speaking with this NPC, the PLAYER will be given choices of DELETE THIS PC, or RESURRECT THIS PC. Choosing the latter will return the PC to the world of the living, at one of several locations - if a CLERIC the PC is returned to the temple of their god. If the RESURRECTED PC is not a CLERIC the PCs logged BINDSTONE location (if any) will be used, otherwise the PC is returned to the world at the 'start location' in Chonda Port, in the city of Dohral, as if "just getting off the ship which has put in from the storms". NPCs also debarking the ship will aver to recalling the PC being on board too. Think of it a bit like the movie Groundhog Day - your PC remembers all that transpired, but the world plays as if you just arrived in port aboard ship.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down