Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song)

4 posters

Go down

Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song) Empty Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song)

Post  Elgate Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 pm

As requested, I've made a topic on all things spellbookish.

Currently, as I'm aware, we have:

• Spellbook: Arcane: Wizards, Sorcerers, Bards.
  • Nature Magic: Nature: Druids, Rangers.
  • Prayer Book: Divine: Clerics, Paladins.
  • Song: Music Book: Bards

For a list of spells, and how to use these books, please see the Wikia page (Work in progress- any help would be appreciated!): http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_spells

For now, I'll refer to these generally as spellbooks and specify if I mean a certain book. Currently, things that need to be looked over:

1. Spellbooks can be traded or stolen. This means that you can easily loose your spellbook to an NPC and all the knowledge contained, with no way of getting it back. I'm also uncertain what the effects are of someone else getting a hold of a spellbook containing spells above their level or out of their class.
  2. Spellbooks seem incompatible with each other- the script seems to acknowledge only the first one you get, or the Arcane spellbook over any others, which causes problems when trying to learn new spells.

Are there any suggestions or questions people have about these books?

Last edited by Elgate on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song) Empty Re: Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song)

Post  Absol 13 Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:39 pm

ERr Aria recently got a Muisc book(holds song spells) so. might be related to some new bard spells that are coming? It's a whole new book, not a separate one sooo yeah? just wanted to add that

Last edited by Absol 13 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got name wrong)
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song) Empty Re: Spell books (Including Arcane, Nature, Divine, Song)

Post  Elgate Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Ah, Radomir also has one. 'Song Spells'. I did see a few bard specific spells in a list somewhere (Such as 'Lullaby'). I'll add that to the list as well.

But this is also going to add to the Spell book in fighting I worry, where spell books don't like each other. If a Bard has both Arcane Spellbook and Song 'Music book', will they learn all bard compatible arcane spells in one (such as mending) and bard specific spells in the other? Or is the bard intended to only use the music book?

If each class had a respective book that stored spells they could learn, that might help, but there would still be the issue of multiclassing. I suppose this is a riddle for Erin to puzzle.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Can confirm the Music book works, (as do most bard quests- as a side note).
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:25 pm

As far as lost or stolen spell books, I think you can recover your spells by using the following.

Arcanists:  You can use the table in Pel's
Bards:  Maybe you can use them too.

Clerics and Paladins I believe can put their books in the altars of their gods

Not sure if druids can do the same.

Teaching of spells.

I believe in regards to Clerics and paladins those of similar domains can teach others as I believe not all clerics can learn all cleric spells.

Bards I think aside from other bards if maybe arcanist's try and teach the ability to learn would be based on a bard's UMD.

Druids I am not sure of.

Arcanists I think are limited by their schools as to what they can or cannot learn. The same limitations placed on what scrolls they can or cannot use. Only exceptions would be generalists.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Druids fix their book by putting it in a dug hole i think? My druids have never had any spells so Never needed to so cannot confirm if this works or not~
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Absol 13 wrote:Druids fix their book by putting it in a dug hole i think? My druids have never had any spells so Never needed to so cannot confirm if this works or not~

Spot on ... druids must bury their books to restore them.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down