Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

END OF BETA (now on the horizon)

2 posters

Go down

END OF BETA (now on the horizon) Empty END OF BETA (now on the horizon)

Post  GM_ODA Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Friends,

bounce

I have for a very long time (since 2006) been unwilling to take the 'beta test' tag off this module. This is and has always been a massive project - I knew that when I started it and I understood from day one that "it was soup when the cook said it was soup".

The project entailed a 'short list of goals' included the following:

1. Enable the PLAYERS to RP their characters better; give the PCs class/skill/feat/level/race -appropriate leverage in and awareness of their environment.
  2. Twisted Evil Enable the DMs to function at every step of the way as the unseen controllers of the world.
  3. Twisted Evil Bring all involved to the table! Immerse the participants in the sights, sounds, smells and other sensations that they experience as part  of a dynamic world.
  4. Twisted Evil Keep it efficient! In every way possible, take steps to ensure the code is lean, clean, efficient and dovetails with the rest of the server's features in thought-provoking, and plot-enabling ways.
  5. Twisted Evil Create a unique campaign setting that featured all the 'whistles and bells' of a living history, with complicated plots and established machinations at work everywhere.

Done.  What a Face

DM's here now have 1337+ Areas, including over 100 'blank' Areas that are used to simulate any Areas _not_ in our fabricated game world... essentially a whole world. The history of the place woven into the whole in such a way as to offer numerous 'adventure opportunities' of three sorts, unrelated, indirectly related and directly related to that history.

PLAYERs here now have the means to make their PC part of the game-world history; a part of a living world. Establish a family, a residence, a reputation, amass personal wealth, power, lore and more!

Is there more to be done? Of course. All along there have only been a couple of us working part-time on this project, so what you see before you at this juncture is pretty much the platform on which we will be building. All the essential underpinnings are there, although there are still a few more linkages between those to be made (e.g. our system for having a family that survives your PC is play-tested and functional in the game-world's lycanthropes, ultimately it will be rolled-out to the rest of the server populace).

We have a number of system 'roll-outs' yet to do, where systems have been implemented, tested in discrete locations and, now that they are deemed 'ready for general use' will be either activated in or added to Areas as appropriate. Many of the 'roll-outs' will be done after BETA TEST has been ended. BETA TEST has been used to test our systems usually on a limited bases (such as lineages being tested among the lycanthropes only), so for those with PCs not in a given test group, it may be a while before you see any particular feature 'roll-out' to include all, but, here we are approaching the end of beta.

This is your general warning.

Some 'big switches' are being thrown, some major changes will soon become evident. Standby for the 'big announcement' coming soon.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

END OF BETA (now on the horizon) Empty Re: END OF BETA (now on the horizon)

Post  Hacatsu Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh my
Oh... My...
Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:58 am

Friends,

I've got a new module ready for testing, it is not 'all the way out of beta' but it is a step or three closer. I'll be testing it on the server later today or tomorrow... more steps to soon follow.

Be well. Game ON!

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:08 pm

The new death system is in and reasonably well tested, new features include 'one and done' setting that removes ALL your soulrunes and gives your PC ONE DEATH AND NO RESPAWNS, this is a hard core setting. Note that your PC can still be raised in game by magical means, but the player is NOT allowed to 'respawn' on their own.

NEW 'no nerfing' option is now in place, you can choose to have your PC _not_ get the benefits of 'nerfing to level five' which means your PC will have to pay soulrunes for all respawns at every level (the other option is 'nerf me' which gives you a pass on spending soulrunes on any death until your PC is lv 6.

More to follow soon.

NOTE - this server is H U G E. I am working to improve the module but it is SO BIG that you may not see what it is that I've improved with each update, rest assured, I am working on this as much as my schedule permits. If you'd like to see things progress faster, please volunteer to help (there are LOTS of things most anyone can do to help).

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down