Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral

Go down

Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral Empty Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral

Post  GM_ODA on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Friends,

In another thread, this caught my attention as needing a separate thread.

BenevolentDevil wrote:From 1rst edition ... Cavalier ... possibly a "remake" of Purple Dragon Knight class? ( since it's practically useless?)
Since there are mounts ( though I've yet to find any lol) , specialized mounted combatants for over-land travel, might be nice addition.

Horses are not native to the world of Dohral - they come from another "Alternate Prime Material World" aka an 'alternate reality'. Certain wizards have worked out how to summon horses from that other world, but they soon discovered that horses that breed on this world produce only Nightmares for offspring. Sages are still debating why this happens, but for these reasons, all horse summoning magic is limited to geldings only.

Because horses are sort of 'the ultimate import', they are expensive. Still, for those with the coin to spare, a horse can be purchased just north of the city of Dohral. Exiting via the North Chonda (main) gate, one proceeds due east along the perimeter road. When you come to the first road to the north, follow that past the wizard's house to the horse farm - if you walk by the seller of pack animals you have gone too far.

96.31.77.127 NWN server requires cep2.1+
24x7 we bring the game.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2961
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral Empty Re: Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral

Post  BenevolentDevil on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 pm

OMG .. see, sometimes I'm a dummy ... walked right passed it about 4-5 times already, did not know it was over-there. I didn't look hard enough.

Most PWs don't have lots of overland travel that warrant horses, most don't include them even so. Past issues with CEP and cloaks, other buggs too, I think.

I played on one that did, but ... the default NWN "ride" skill , doesn't really give mounted combat much "justice" ...
BenevolentDevil
BenevolentDevil
Forum Courtier

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Bavmorda
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral Empty Re: Horses - All About The Horses of Dohral

Post  GM_ODA on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:00 am

Friend Benevolent Devil,

You will be overjoyed to know we put extra love into our riding scripts. Your PC can fall off the horse while riding. . . and these scripts pay attention to your ride speed and conditions such terrain and weather.

I built areas that are large with the intent that horses would be used, and you really need some 'room to move' when your PCs are mounted. We included hitching posts and even bushes that can be used similarly... though I think we need to add more iirc (so much on the to-do lists).

IIRC our horses can 'go lame' due to riding incidents. I am not sure if we added the (planned-for) horse-shoeing support yet. We have plans for this and more.

96.31.77.127 NWN server requires cep2.1+
24x7 we bring the game.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2961
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down