gods and Us ...

Go down

gods and Us ...

Post  BenevolentDevil on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Ok, ..
if you need priestly help, you can be somewhat ... at a severe disadvantage regarding temples/npcs , ect ...

For an alleged "poly-theological" society, the daggum clerics are sure picky!!!

ONLY clerics, and Paladins and BlackGuards , and ..maybe druid ... I think should HAVE to pick a direct religion , and do all the things needed for total true worship and cast spells.

Everyone else, there should be options ... like donating for services, like greater restoration/remove curse ... removal of unwanted things wild magic does to you.
Pel only does disjunction in egbort ... Barbers , I don't even know if their "services" works beyond a flashy visual. I've yet to find, or have anything they seem to help with.

If it's an accepted poly-theological area, unless an extremist like Lloth or something, then you should at least get some clerical/priestly services out of the vast majority, no matter race, religion, or alignment.
BenevolentDevil
Forum Knight

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Bavmorda
Race: Human
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Re: gods and Us ...

Post  BenevolentDevil on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm

i found one that would work finally ... but, rp wise, character wise ... it doesn't make sense at all ... Crying or Very sad
BenevolentDevil
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Friend Benevolent Devil,

The previous update was intended to help alleviate the lack of temples. Sadly the update did not stick; I can see the added material in the module when I look at it in the toolset, but they are not there when the module is running. I'm working on figuring out what went awry.

Once the lack of temples is addressed I think you'll find it works pretty much as you would expect; any non-priest or n0n-paladin can enter a temple 'join' and receive services. Non-priest and non-paladin PCs can change gods like they change socks. It is only the priestly sorts who need stay loyal to a single god (the gods don't mind otherwise as long as you are giving them the respect they demand).

96.31.77.127 NWN server requires cep2.1+
24x7 we bring the game.
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2883
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BenevolentDevil on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 pm

see, I don't know why you'd have to join one , for services ...

Joining would be , more for those maybe multiclassing, or RP-ing a pious person of that particular deity ...

For many though, unless making a character directly influenced by the divine ( Cleric, BG, Pally, Druid) , ... it doesn't make since to pick one favorite over any other. Or even if they had a favorite, could still offer , donation or service , for services granted? Given maybe a somewhat realistic align range they would or wouldn't do such for?

It's not a matter of lack of temples ... , it's more of a matter, most seem to sticky to specifics. Currently anyways.

Just like in our world ... if someone walked into a catholic church with a problem, it doesn't matter if the person in need is a member , or even if they are catholic ... they still help, best they can.
maybe it' d be better help, being on the same page there, but it' s not a total refusal to help out.
(Just for example to kinda get my non-clear point across. )
BenevolentDevil
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content