Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illithid race, or heritage?

2 posters

Go down

race - Illithid race, or heritage? Empty Illithid race, or heritage?

Post  Ramshackle Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:55 am

I'm new here, and Eve of Disaster tells me that there's an almost insane amount of freedom in creating and maintaining characters. Is it possible for me to take a page out of the Complete Psionic and create either a half-mindflayer, or a full on, brain devouring illithid?

Edit: Consistency

Ramshackle

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

race - Illithid race, or heritage? Empty Re: Illithid race, or heritage?

Post  GM_ODA Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:49 pm

iirc Illithids are NOT in their natural state humanoid and cannot breed with humans or any other creature. Their method of creation involves the big brain in the pool and IT is the only breeding member of the population. The remaining Illithids bring it excellent specimens of humanoid physique and they put them in the pool where the spawn (young illithids) attack the helpless (mind-dumbed) humanoids, one spawn per humanoid with the strongest getting it's pick essentially. These bore into the skull (up through the mouth area) and into the victim's brain which is eaten as the young mindflayer grows to fill the skull cavity and takes over the body (usurping the nerve connections).

Full on illithids ARE possible down the line - we do not yet have our psionics scripting in place so 'not yet' is my best answer.

We do offer that 'insane amount of freedom' here and take requests like yours via the forum for each new race or subrace - I'll discuss it with Eriniel (our lead scripter) - I don't mean to put you off but I do want you to understand we're still picking/building some systems (like psionics) and it may be a while before we can properly support them.

Are there any other races you'd be interested here? Post the requests please.

Also, as we have many features here that other servers do not have, you would do well to play a more 'normal' PC first to see how it all works together.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramshackle Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Most theories about half-Illithids involve wizardry, or an incomplete cerebration process, which is passed down genetically when the rescued adventurer comes home to his lover. The template is feat-intensive, from what I remember. I'll work on a normal character concept in the meantime.

Ramshackle

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down