Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come on meathead, get a grip!

+3
Ragdoll_Knight
eve_of_disaster
Khaos1987
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Come on meathead, get a grip! - Page 2 Empty Re: Come on meathead, get a grip!

Post  Khaos1987 Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 am

I'm not sure I'd call that a low magic server. I'd probably classify it as a "No fun to be had here" server. Level 10? Seriously? The Neverwinter and SoU campaigns let you go higher than that. Without doing the sidequests. Warriors are just now starting to get the AB and BAB to hit things reliably. Clerics are now gaining the ability to heal more than 10 HP with one spell. Mages are just now getting enough spells to rock and roll. Rogues are just starting to get their special feats. You just get a nibble of power, and then you're cut off. I can see 20 as a cut off, but 10 you might as well not even bother. I mean what's the RP? A kobold escaped from the zoo, so call the army? A troll could wander into town, whip everyone, and then leave when it wanted to. If I wanted less fantasy in my RPG, I'd play Fallout. I play NWN because it's not like real life, real life is often boring and mundane. Just like a level ten character.

Khaos1987
Khaos1987
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Kross
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:56 am

I like the idea of a weapon that gains XP and levels up like a character. If that's feasible, it sounds good.

Inferno

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

I think that something like that would be one of those paladin/divine champion things, maybe a Psionic Weapon or War Domain trait? Since a "soul weapon" would be easily explained under those. A gift from the deity, or something.

Say it could just be a club, and weapon focus feats change it, with each level (greater wep focus, wep specialization) making it a better form of the weapon? Different feats adding different traits, like Improved Initiative adding Battletide 1/day, or curse song adding Dirge.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Race: Human
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia_D_Audarius Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:51 pm

The fact warriors a very limited number of useful builds was something that bothered me a lot when I played here. Was this issue ever solved?

~ PO Julia
Julia_D_Audarius
Julia_D_Audarius
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum