Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestions to help new players get more interested

3 posters

Go down

suggestions to help new players get more interested Empty suggestions to help new players get more interested

Post  N8 Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 am

i know we're still in beta testing, and a lot of the first impressions from new players is great, but i think there are a few problems with keeping those players and getting them to come back...

1. There aren't very many, if any, non-DM quest for they players to enjoy...

2. When exploring I found that you either run into a massive group of spawns, or you go forever without a single encounter.

3. I know your still working on setting up a fair xp amount but currently it seems very low and you would have to clear a very tough area several times just to put a dent in one level. And that's for a very low level area.

4. Most shops do not have anything to sell, and there are a lot of shops to choose from, a new player might not try every shop before giving up on trying to find one that actually has anything.

5. A new player wouldn't know the commands for the portal location maybe you could make a sheet that goes in their inventory or something with a few commands listed or you could just make it a journel entry.

6. If a new player was looking for action he would have no idea where to go... maybe there could be an NPC talking about goblins attacking people on the road to the west of the Tivook inn or something.

I had more but i can't think of it right now.... i'll add some more when i think of them...

N8
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

suggestions to help new players get more interested Empty Re: suggestions to help new players get more interested

Post  N8 Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:04 pm

another big yet simple way to get players to play is attendance, if there's no one around then there will be no one around. makes sense huh? where has everyone been lately?... i know RL comes first...

N8
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

suggestions to help new players get more interested Empty Re: suggestions to help new players get more interested

Post  GM_ODA Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 am

I keep telling people to login and stay logged in, it DOES attract others *shrugs* Kids these days, do they listen? You should phone your mother. Oy. Rolling Eyes

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

suggestions to help new players get more interested Empty from a new player, DAY 3

Post  wolf116 Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Okay seems the right place to put this : as new player .. haveing a full inventory and have to go find the purse maker to sort it out was a pain..had no room for loot if I did find any, non DM run quests would help as well then a 1 to 4 level would have some place to start, what spawns I've met .. are bad... died twice vs goblins at 5th level , thats kind of rough, to many at once to solo so back to town , a gear shop/healers hut or other place to buy things like, rope, poitons, backpacks ect. would be vary helpful .. mostly healing stuff , going to try temples to see if they have poitons at least .. but a adventures supply shop near Noob U might go a long way to helping new players get geared up for what they may have to face.

thanks haveing loads of fun trying to stay alive wolf116
wolf116
wolf116
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Tanae
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down