bug report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bug report

Post  Orinai on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:41 pm

just wanted to report here, i used the bug token as well but;

Crafting seems busted. you can make components from raw material, however you cant mix them. the script to choos what you want to make will not fire.

And custom spell water scry seems broken. when i use it, it says i havent learned the spell even though its in my book.

the script/conversation of the old druid directional animals seems off. when it talks to you it begins the conversation,but ends up saying 'i dont know where you are'

POH tool seems busted. the day i used it on the items i owned it seems it duplicates the item when you move it by degrees. for instance, though it looks like one desk, there are actually like 6 >.> makes it a pain to put something in and have to actually search/click the right desk to get items back. alot of the items i used the POH tool on ended up like that. and plus, half the stuff i bought and set didnt save, so please, i would like help with that.

thats all for now. ill post again should i find more.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 125
Location : the armpit of america, the black swamp. toledo ohio
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Eurikai Duenrhae
Race: Human
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Re: bug report

Post  Animayhem on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Yes the crafting has been and off and on bug. The custom spell script is also being tweaked.
The persistant storage in general seems to be troublesome like saddle bags a repilciators and some people having lost things when putting in bank safe.

Eri and Daht are aware and are working hard to correct these.

Kudos to them for creating an awesome world king Daht queen Eri

Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 am

Another small bug report by myself:

I have made several items with divine damage or resistance, *blessed Items* with holy water on the enchantment table, but it seems any time anyone tries to put them on they simply vanish, and all the work was for nothing.
This happened several times with different PC's

Also I have to report that the sponges do not work, I always walk inside a bath, let my character put his clothes down, get him wet, and then use the sponge but it always says "You are not wet enough to do any good here".

Next bug, some days ago now, my about 6 million gold pieces *60.000 or 600 000 Acerian Platinums* did simply vanish out of my pouch without warning or any note at the script window, I'd like to have those back, or at least part of it...took long to get those.

Also, after any item is enchanted with a diamond (an enhancement bonus) you cannot enchant it further, it is only possible if you do ALL enchantments in one hit if you make one with a diamond (enhancement bonus).

Thats all for today, see you in game guys!
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:13 pm

More bug report, I am really not getting why you aren'T sick of this yet?

Well for some reason my inventory gets untidy *first slot* once I log in since I got that problem with the OOCly PC being a werewolf. -need to get rid of that fast @.@-

Then fore some reason I still have black skin although my pale white skinned character is clean.

After some OOCly searching for broken transitions my character aged several times, any place where I can fix that? If yes, where exactly?

Well...I already did post everything else that buggers me...good night everyone, have fun!
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  heather on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:34 pm

aging needs greater restoration to fix, if you are following a diety with a temple in game you can go there and ask the priest there to heal you for a bit of gold

heather
Forum Knight

Female Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Melinda Davis
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm

the bit about the enchantments being off i believe is incorrect. unless something has happened within the last 2 or 3 days, the system should be fine. i was on making boat loads of + weapons. ill check if im on later, but the last i was was working good.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I meant that if you do it in more than one step, same thing when I enchanted a weapon with 1s10 elemental damage first after that it tells me "The item already has more damage bonus than the maximum, you cannot enchant it further".
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Valerion wrote:I meant that if you do it in more than one step, same thing when I enchanted a weapon with 1s10 elemental damage first after that it tells me "The item already has more damage bonus than the maximum, you cannot enchant it further".

lol, yea... see thats the trick to the table, you have to find the best process in which to enchant. it took me a long time to figure out what you should do first, but i assure you, you can go beyond what youre experienceing.

and you cant enchant an item with more than 1 property at a time, you must do it in steps.

for example, i can make +3 keen weapons with 2 elemental damages at 1d6 a piece all day long.
but turn around and make the same weapon with +5 keen and only 1 elemtal damage at 1d10...

its a system, and its up to you to figure out its balance. Wink

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Oh hell O.O....ok that will be a lot of trying...

*Riff imitation: Let me check my notes"
Valerion
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Items supplimented with holy water must be blessed by the cleric you purchased the water from before you equip it as to bind it.

The quality of you enhancement skills is determined by levels in your craft armor and weapon skills. It also helps to have the craft wand feat and get licensed.

Also as mentioned experiment the table will tell you what you need and finding out is part of the fun as well as good character devleopment. Very Happy
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:31 am

Faction bugs are happening again... guards are killing townsfolk and some monsters are not hostile.
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 am

Shar wrote:Faction bugs are happening again... guards are killing townsfolk and some monsters are not hostile.

ahhh yes, that was on my current report. watched the gaurds of the city kill anyone and everyone that cam near them. mildly entertaining to watch. but yea. factions are definately mussed.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:54 pm

The wooden steaks are deadly to all. living and dead, with no saving throw.
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Surrealistik on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh, there's a saving throw, but it's DC 35 vs Reflex.

It should probably feature a normal attack roll vs AC to hit; armour and the like is still going to impede a wooden stake.

The other problem with the wooden stake is that it can be used at range, like a homing missile.

Surrealistik
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 am

Many thanks - good bug finds all. An update addressing a few issues will go online later this evening (in about 8 hours or so). These latest issues will not be covered in that update but the DMFI and a few others will. Keep the feedback coming folks, it is much appreciated.

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 2686
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

http://playnwn.hopto.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Shurikens seem to be the only small/tiny weapon that isnt recognized by the enchanting table.
would be great to enchant these weapons

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kolde on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 am

As of this morning everytime I enter a hostile area all of the monsters begin laying waste to each other....

kolde
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Naomi Reaign
Overall Level: 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:47 pm

kolde wrote:As of this morning everytime I enter a hostile area all of the monsters begin laying waste to each other....

thats quite interesting. if i may, does this happen immediately when you walk into the area, or when combat is initiated? because ive noticed at times, that if a creature damages another creature, it seems to retaliate against the creature until it retargets you(typically at the beginning of the next round of combat)

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  kolde on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Orinai wrote:
kolde wrote:As of this morning everytime I enter a hostile area all of the monsters begin laying waste to each other....

thats quite interesting. if i may, does this happen immediately when you walk into the area, or when combat is initiated? because ive noticed at times, that if a creature damages another creature, it seems to retaliate against the creature until it retargets you(typically at the beginning of the next round of combat)

It was as I walked into the area, invisible... Goblins were killing each other, then later in the sewers rats were doing the same as well as elementals.

kolde
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-03-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Naomi Reaign
Overall Level: 16

Back to top Go down

Post  saibotxor on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Also saw it with goblins and slaads today.

saibotxor
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Tsully himself seems to be bugged

seems the serevr thinks i am broke despite the fact he carries over 2 million in coins. maybe thats causing the issue?

seems his faction is mussed. ruffians and "hostile merchants" are friendly, while other "friendly commoners" seem hostile to him. usually if i go in an inn or tavern, its a bar fight scratch

also, i have to steer clear of dohrals gaurds,seems he wanted for robbery, even though i havent stolen anything form a shop. i have my own cool stuff, that makes the ordinary junk they sell pale in comparison. i dont need to steal thier stuff.
if anything, theyre probably mad at the fact i could put 'em outta buisness Razz

thats all for now, PLEASE HELP

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Valerion wrote:Another small bug report by myself:

I have made several items with divine damage or resistance, *blessed Items* with holy water on the enchantment table, but it seems any time anyone tries to put them on they simply vanish, and all the work was for nothing. This happened several times with different PC's

This is not a bug. The cleric who made the water must bless the weapon before it is used.

Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai on Wed May 09, 2012 3:43 pm

BUMP.