All Alignment Paladins and New Presitge Classes... possibly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

All Alignment Paladins and New Presitge Classes... possibly

Post  ConjuredFantasy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:07 am

After a long discussion with GM_Oda about the similarities between Champion of Torm and Paladin, along with some talk of Blackguard, and some usage of 4th edition aligned paladins, Oda thinks that it would be much better if Paladins gained their abilites based on their alignment. THUS opening up two spots for new presitge.. classes, now If he is able to do this then it will be the most amazing thing... ever. And probably some very hard work.. But. If this plan goes through, that means... There could be 2 new server presitge classes. the only question is... Which ones?

Well.. thats for US to decide upon! So whats the new prestige class you would want to see.. if.. this.. somehow.. works using the DM team's amazing NWN engineering skills of holyness..

Hmm? Very Happy

ConjuredFantasy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Too many to count
Race:
Overall Level: Combined.. lvl 91

Back to top Go down

Re: All Alignment Paladins and New Presitge Classes... possibly

Post  Little Berde on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am

Personally, I don't see the need for Paladins of every alignment. There are plenty of classes, prestige classes and combinations of those, plus the various alignments and RP backstories to make every PC different even with the same class combo. PLUS PLUS, subraces if you're a good RPer.

The Paladin and the anti-Paladin (now called a Blackguard) are the alignment extremes and they keep all the other alignments inside of the alignment sphere. All you do by adding "Paladins" of every alignment is to dumb down the point of the Paladin. IMHO Wink

Little Berde

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jamoecw on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:40 pm

since video games have a faster pace of combat with more enemies, i'd say eldritch knight to help out spell casters. since you guys have swim and climb maybe horizon walker.

the prestige classes from the dnd wiki that seem to be available are:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - as cleric is to paladin, wizard is to elderitch knight
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - terrain themed bonuses
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - prestige class based around summoning a planar ally
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - prestige class for multiclassed divine caster/mage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - frail intelligence based prestige class for divine casters
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - prestige class for multiclassed rogue/mages
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - prestige class for mages, gives up spell slots for special abilities
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - essentially for divine casters, mainly clerics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - think hollywood style swashbuckler with a puffy shirt

Epic:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - think planar bounty hunter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - essentially for mages, based on planar stuff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - think nonaligned paladin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - essentially for rogues who want to pretend to be someone else
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - think bodyguard
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - think evangelist
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - sorta like an epic variation of dwarven defender
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - become incorporeal, with bonuses based on such form
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - sorta like a police officer prestige class

note: these don't include FR prestige classes, which is the campaign setting of NWN.

jamoecw
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulrek on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:16 am

heres my two cents...

if you can change a class or something to a easy to use Prestige class and have that as a "holy warrior" and maybe.. if you want paladins of another align try lawful neutral... you don't have to be the extra good or evil to be that and it would give people who play some what less..... "kind hearted" paladins a option while still keeping it out of the evil range as even paladins have their days while still not being evil master minds and murderers

and i'd say Eldritch Knight sounds alright that could be handy....

anyway if this is all to hard to do with adding classes than well....
bsod
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Berde on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:15 am

Frankly, I don't see the need to call them "Paladins" or use the Paladin Class as the base for other "holy/unholy warriors of non-LG alignment. Is it because people want to have the abilities that the Paladin Class gets? How about we just get rid of "classes" altogether and just have a list of abilities, feats and skills that everyone can choose from? If your evil character wants to take the Smite Evil ability to help it kill the servers monsters... why not? Let him have Sneak attack, Smite Evil, Shadow Evade, HIPS, Arrow of death, Sacred Defense, Death attack, Dev Crit, Oath of Wrath and Draconic Armor and create his own "class" that suits his/her desires?

Little Berde

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulrek on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:35 am

the reason we don't just "get rid" of the classes as A you have no unearthly clue of just how hard that would be to do if we even could in NWN1 (which i doubt it could at that) and B Classes are a huge part of PnP DnD (don't play it myself but i have a understanding of it) and as i said it would be reworking how the whole game is thus i doubt it could be done in a effective manner and paladins as i said before should be lawful good unless you use the class to be a "holy warrior" which wouldnt have to be lawful good but if you want to stick with paladins as thay are the only two aligns thay could be within reason are Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral the 1st thay already are and the 2nd is the only one within reason thay could be
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  jamoecw on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:16 am

as paladins are written in the phb for both 3.0 and 3.5 they can't be anything other than lawful good. they especially can't be non good, since they have strict rules against associating with evil. which means that if this game could handle alignments then a paladin would be able to associate with someone who flipped a coin to decide if he is going to kill each person he meets, but is generally selfless otherwise, but not a heartless greedy merchant. this sort of dynamic is why paladins can be hard to play, both mechanically and RP wise. with a large number of rulebooks with alignment variant paladins, and the general rule of thumb of positive energy for healing and negative energy for harming works to differentiate between the two types so there isn't a bunch of evil paladins running around that are the same as good ones. also negative energy when used to turn undead won't make them run away or destroy them, although it does halt them and does grant the +2 bonus against them, it instead commands instead of destroys them. i am not sure what to do about neutral paladins, but evil paladins are pretty easy to come up with do to the amount of material for evil variant paladin clones.

jamoecw
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top