Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why we BAN fools.

Go down

Why we BAN fools. Empty Why we BAN fools.

Post  GM_ODA Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 pm

DMs are busy people. We do our best to provide a fun environment for Role Play here. What follows is an example of what NOT to do.

[Sun Feb 24 16] Autokilla has left as a player..
[Sun Feb 24 16] SERVER : [DM] TimeIn - 74230142, TimeOut - 74231102, Delta=16
[Sun Feb 24 16] SERVER : [DM] RPXP Data 432.000000000,16
[Sun Feb 24 16] SERVER : [DM] PC is valid and is set for Guardian Mark 1XP = 27

[Sun Feb 24 19] Autokilla has joined as a player..

event in progress, has ONE paladin facing about four possible opponent PCs.

[Sun Feb 24 19] Salilus : [DM] question...

[Sun Feb 24 19] Salilus : [DM] could i join the event...? gonna try my luck with adrastia...

[Sun Feb 24 19] Salilus : [DM] ?

[Sun Feb 24 19] GM ODA: [Tell] I don't see how Sailus could know where they are, so I say no
[Sun Feb 24 19] GM ODA: [Tell] your PC would not know where the others are, it is not good RP

[Sun Feb 24 19] Salilus : [Tell] i know but if something there happened icly to brings al there it could work, or if a random portal popped up here to bring me there icly...

[Sun Feb 24 19] GM ODA: [Tell] No.
[Sun Feb 24 19] GM ODA: [Tell] we RP here, we don't just pop in and gang up on pcs

[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Tell] gang up on pc's? i never said anything about that, i have -no- idea what your talking about...

[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] "gonna try my luck with Adrastia"
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Tell] i meant im gonna try it and see if she tries to kill me or not

[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] the answer is no for the THIRD time, if you press it I have a ban hammer. this is a RP server
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] I will not again repeat myself

[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Tell] dude, your crazy if you think i want to atatck adrastia in any way shape or form, she'd kill me in an instant, and not a single player there is strong enough to ebat her either, it would be suicide to just attack her

[Sun Feb 24 20] Ancient Red Dragon damages Salilus: 90 (90 Physical)
[Sun Feb 24 20] Ancient Red Dragon damages Salilus: 20 (20 Physical)
[Sun Feb 24 20] Ancient Red Dragon damages Salilus: 370 (370 Physical)
[Sun Feb 24 20] Ancient Red Dragon killed Salilus

[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Tell] i just dont like being forced to stay in this one inn because if adrastia see's me anywhere else she will just kill me

[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] you are crazy to pester the dm
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] now you are out of the inn, any questions?
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Party] oda, what the f*ck is your problem? sending ancient dragons to kill me just for wanting to join the f*cking event so i have -something- to do?
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Party] i cant icly do -anything- because of adrastia and my only chance to possibly do anything and youi kill me for jsut asking about it?!
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] for asking again and again and again, i told you to drop it and i mean it
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Party] i only asked one time and then you said i wanted to kill adrastia when i'd have no chance and then you threatend to ban me!
[Sun Feb 24 20] Vilindilieth Felilendil: [Party] //none of us can kill adrastia none of us are a threat
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Party] yes but oda thinks i want to come to gang up on adrastia and thats f*cking crazy to even think that
[Sun Feb 24 20] Vilindilieth Felilendil: [Party] //shes over lvl 30 and has god favor to ressurect her O-o not sure why you thought we might try to kill her
[Sun Feb 24 20] Vilindilieth Felilendil: [Party] //more like try to run for our livesbecause all she wants to do is pvp us
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] it is no idle threat. read what I've said and abide by it, argue or make trouble and you are banned. LAST WARNING
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: [Tell] Salius is about to be hit with the banhammer if he does not quit being such a pest
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [Party] and now threatnening to ban me... -again- because you say im arguing when im only getting pissed off because off how you are treating this whole situation
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: you were warned.
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: can you accept what I request or are you set on banning yourself?
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus: i have no intention on trying to get banned but you are threatening to ban me for something i dont even know yet, you gave a crazy reason to refuse my request to join, if you said no and gave a reason that actually made sense i wouldsnt have said -anything- else
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: crazy reason? you log in and ask to be ported for no reason
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus: thinking i'd want to try to gang up on adrastia is crazy since all the players on combined are not a match for her
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus: i was askign for an ic reason to get there
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: THAT is as purely crazy as anything I've seen.
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: I told you how many times to drop it now and you cannot seem to listen?
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus: other dms would at least think of an ic reason if someone wanted tpo join in unless they just dont want someone there for there own reason
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus: i am listening, im listening to how you think i want to gang up on adrastia which is so far from the truth its laughable

[GM_ODA removes all UBER items from the PC's inventory.]

[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus: oda if your going to ban me let me say one thing first..
[Sun Feb 24 20] GM ODA: come back when you are feeling more like playing well
[Sun Feb 24 20] Salilus : [DM] oda, you are the biggest a**hole i've ever met, someone who threatens to ban anyone whenever he wants just because they dont think and want the same things as you, not everyone is like you, i know a few people here who already utterly hate your guts and i am perhaps the most hateful tol you right now, go to hell and im not coming back
[Sun Feb 24 20] Autokilla has left as a player..
[Sun Feb 24 20] SERVER : [DM] TimeIn - 74232243, TimeOut - 74232606, Delta=6
[Sun Feb 24 20] SERVER : [DM] RPXP Data 120.000000000,6
[Sun Feb 24 20] SERVER : [DM] PC is valid and is set for SalilusXP = 20

Bottom line. The DMs are the final arbiter (this is a quote from the DM GUIDE from the first edition on to the present). When the DM instructs a PLAYER to drop a topic, OBEY THE DM. AUTOKILLA has cursed like a sailor on this server for the LAST time. Good riddance to bad news.

The PLAYER INSISTED ON A PORTAL OPENING, well the DM obliged, and dragons came through to kill the PC. Argue with a DM, distract them with such garbage after being told to drop it, and the very busy DM WILL GIVE YOU THEIR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. Something the PLAYER may find less than pleasant.

End of subject. Be warned, the DMs are not required to explain themselves to the PLAYERS. The DMs word is LAW.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/