Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes, it makes one wonder...

5 posters

Go down

Sometimes, it makes one wonder... Empty Sometimes, it makes one wonder...

Post  GM_ODA Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:05 pm

There are some knuckle-draggers who, I am amazed, somehow manage to use a computer and login to forums too. I've met a few recently in this thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Feel free to join in if you like. Bring a torch, these ARE trolls mind you.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Sometimes, it makes one wonder... Empty Re: Sometimes, it makes one wonder...

Post  GM_ODA Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Now two links with boundless idiocy -

Feel free to weigh in on how none of you players exist if you like (being as ArgentumRegio has no player base).

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:08 am

There is no doubt that among any forum population you will inevitably garner a number of trolls. Recently I've been harrassed - my threads hijacked, by those who would make baseless claims and even assert that I authored statements I never made.

This is most wearying and unwanted.

If you have any thoughts on the repeated attacks I've experienced here in the forums, feel free to weigh in on the hijacked threads.

(see links above)

Many of my detractors seem to be willing to tell me what I should do, only to retort that I have no place telling them what to do in return. These same posters love to assert I have no logic too. Stomping your feet and shouting "You ain't the boss of me" is really sooooo mature and the sort of behavior that leads to great respect.

I don't appreciate being called a liar, doubly so when only factual information is given by me in the cited post. Those who hijack the thread presume to then bandy about terms which have no firm definition like 'playerbase' - words I avoid because they have no solid definition. I only post the total in the SERVERVAULT, a number of PLAYER ACCOUNTS which can be counted and verified - exactly how I gather my data. My detractors work in a dearth of actual facts, airing opinions which are recognized to be fallable.

Persons posting negative information about a server and in the same thread admitting that they have never logged on or if so only rarely and a long time ago should really ponder what level of 'expert' they really are on the matter. How can you judge the quality of the chandelier in the grand ballroom if you limit your visit to the mansion foyer?

While 'everyone is a critic' not all opinions are as well grounded in facts as others and I do hope that the reading public can understand this.

As my posting future here may be limited, this may be my farewell - who knows?

DON'T TAKE THE WORD OF JERKS WHO HAVE NO OR LIMITED FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE - log on to servers (any server) and discover for yourself if there is any merit to it. NEVER BE AFRAID TO BE THE FIRST ONE IN - you don't know how many others are looking at the same '0' and thinking what you are.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

Hope to see you online.

Personal tours by request.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

24x7 we bring the game.

Our OLD forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our NEW forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wiki [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Web [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NWC Guild Click Here

alternate

BIOWARE Guild Click Here

Server (24x7) 66.232.100.90:5121
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Julia_D_Audarius Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 am

Heya:

Don't let Kail bring you down, ODA, he is a brilliant character builder, but like all us PvP types, its 'Pick a target, destroy target'.

You have done some great work, probably built more areas then any other single person, ever.

Your awesome, keep it up!

~PO Julia
Julia_D_Audarius
Julia_D_Audarius
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Frogs Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:45 pm

After looking up the posts in question I have got to say perhaps you protest too much here. There are a number of excellent criticisms presented.

I’m not going to “beat up” on you on any of them. Suffice to say I think the DM team and developers need to do some soul searching.

Players in the server vault and forums.

We had over 600 players sign up on the old forum (by the way, why are we keeping it open?) of those just over 20 or so EVER posted a message. 34 of 48 have posted in the new forum.

Over 1100 in the server vault. How many have logged in for over 5 minutes in the last 6 months? How many more than once?

Stale accounts need to be dealt with on a regular basis so that the true health of the server can be assessed. In the forum (close the old one). Delete forum accounts that have had no activity for over one year.

Players on the server that haven’t logged in more than once in 90 days should be deleted.

Sorry for the “cranky” post hope you still love me. I love you I’ve got some quest ideas I’m posting in the DM area.
Frogs
Frogs
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Character sheet
Character Name: Galderal
Race: Human
Overall Level:

http://wcquigley.spaces.live.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm

I love you FROGS.

I leave the old forum open for several reasons, first, there are MANY messages in forums and all over the internet that point to it, I'd rather have folks find the old forum with a message leading to the new, than to have them find a defunct link and never find our server. Second reason is that there are many messages over there and much data that still needs to be transfered to here, I just have not got to it yet. Also, with the old forum, I believe a few may be 'bots' but not sure how to tell which are which, the security with that forum is questionable with regard to opening accounts, so we may have some bogus accounts there (not sure tho cause not one has ever spammed the forum). Tools on the old forum were rather remedial so it is hard to sort members with any finesse.

We have a database that helps us track logins, we do not track time online iirc, tho the xprp db may have that data. I'm not at a loss for space to store PCs, this server has a huge drive and so I'm not anxious to purge accounts. I've known a number of folks to pop in and be grateful their old account data was still there after a computer died and months passed while they scraped up money to get a new one.

The whole bioware board exchange opened when I cited a concrete number and invited others to come see why others liked the server. And these two jackanapes weigh in telling me I'm spreading misleading information, then start knocking the server while admitting they've never been there or only rarely if ever. This is perhaps the THIRD time these same users on bioware's board have gang-trolled my posts. Search out previous trollings and see what I mean.

JULIA - thanks. Much appreciated.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:05 am

I'm asking you nice PLAYERS to please step up and POST on bioware's forums. Start a thread and tell people you play here if need be.

Recently trolling my posts has occurred again. Check Kails trollings, he always focusses on his not liking my 'advertising' in a forum whose description specifically implores PW's to advertise. He follows up with telling me what to do in regard to advertising, then retorts to my reply with "You ain't the boss of me." Honestly, dealing with a 5th grader style arguement gets OLD. Yea, I snapped on him, and I don't generally do that with HONEST offers of constructive criticism. This guy carps because I put all my links in my sig. Understand that online, a sig is like your company letterhead. Look at any QUALITY letterhead and you'll find all the pertinent information for the company, including name, address, phone, fax, web, email and often more. Why is it there? Because it is POOR FORM TO MAKE THE READER GO FIND OUT HOW TO CONTACT YOU WHEN YOU INVITE THEM TO VISIT.

My threads generally offer updates on the server and module, so merit revisiting and replying to on my part. The bioware forum closes threads if they have no input for a 'month' (which is not fully defined in their forum) - if I fail to post a reply in one of my threads for a month (which happens as I get busy with many many tasks involved in offering this server/module online) the thread is closed. I then have no choice but to create a new thread. Kail loves to then accuse me of 'spamming' the boards with too many threads. Notice what I have is a group of three or four posters who repeatedly attack me based on these points while accusing me of having no logic.

Irksome is what it can amount to... needless, and irksome. BECAUSE I am the ONLY user of my server who is posting presently on a even 'occasional' basis, on the bioware forum, what choice do I have but to carry on as outlined above or quit (and what naturally follows is close the server)?

IF others posted some replies in that forum, to ANY of my messages - and note, I _do_ have a few supporters in that forum even a small number who state they have been and will again visit. But honestly, how many of those playing this server fairly regularly have posted ANYTHING on bioware in support of this place? I think I could count them on the fingers I've got. Is asking our users to post something positive TOO MUCH TO ASK? I think not, but then, I'm the guy who does without $80 worth of stuff I need/want each month in order to offer the server.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriniel Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:32 am

First time I posted to the Bioware forum about the server specifically was yesterday, I don't usually use the Bioware forum for a number or reasons. The main ones being the amount of times it has frozen up on me during login and the amount of junk you have to wade thru to get anything useful. When these two main problems collide it makes the forum virtually unusable.
Eriniel
Eriniel
Lead Scripter

Female Number of posts : 340

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 am

Eriniel, YOU above all have done a great deal to enhance this server/module. Your efforts are not at question here. I greatly appreciate all you've done to help. My beef here is that there are so few PLAYERS stepping up to do this to date. The bottom line is this, the more PR I have to do the less time I have to do module building stuff, same for Eriniel. The thinner we have to spread our talents, the less gets done overall. Players can help especially in the PR area - help spread the word so we don't have to do so much there.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

P.S. Eriniel made a FINE post too - many good points in there. Please note, she is 100% on the mark when she posted that it took three pages of messages to get just ONE with constructive criticism in it. That alone should tell any reader 'here there be trolls'.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  jamoecw Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 am

for PR i would suggest someone who has a focused interest in western europe's medieval period. most fantasy stuff that uses dnd just grabs some neat tales from this era then converts and abridges them to fit the setting. doing this really fleshes out a world, just look at the forgotten realms stuff, and the books found in bioware's games. it would be like the adverts for adventurers, only it would exist in game as well for things like descriptions and idle conversation for towns folk. a general overview of the world noting certain highlights would also help in creating characters, instead of just players.

jamoecw
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum