Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labeling buildings that are for rent

3 posters

Go down

Labeling  buildings that are for rent Empty Labeling buildings that are for rent

Post  Valerion Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Just a small hin(t), only a few of the buildings are labeled, many for future expansion, but there are also buildings that are for rent, AND do not have a label, which means when I go to the deed bureaucrat in the court, I have few to NO idea what the hells I am buying except for a rough note, that says where in the city quarters that building might be.

Some are just downright confusing, alright I know where the Transmental building is, know how to get there, others may not and be confused that the rent option only says "Transmental building"

What REALLY confused my last days dinner out of me was the fact that there was a Northeast, Rich, Shop @ Apartment.

Ok Rich says it must look nice, perhaps have a garden, and has a shop, perfect for me, let's rent it...now I go out of the court building and...ask myself...where the HECK is that building?
*Looks around confused* I have NO idea where the building I just rented is...

One last thing, I know we all have the ability to furniture our rooms once a DM or GM ports us to a certain area with all the furniture to choose......one problem......a DM is not always on, can we get an option to port ourselves to that furniture house...our Al Dohralian IKEA or something like that?

So much for my two cents about renting buildings and apartments.
Be well and game on!
Oliver

P.S. I really would like where that building is, I can't seem to find it.
One
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Labeling  buildings that are for rent Empty Re: Labeling buildings that are for rent

Post  Animayhem Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 pm

Signs are not really needed. You go to the courthouse and they tell you. Yeah furnishing them a bit tricky as not reall set up at the moment.

Also some buildings are labeled with a shaft of light indicating they are available.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Labeling  buildings that are for rent Empty Re: Labeling buildings that are for rent

Post  Valerion Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm

If it is not needed, well then, search for me for the "North East, Rich, Shop@ Apartment" have fun.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Thats the fun part. If you read the options carefully. You can write what interestes you without paying coin. Once you find what you may like pay the minimal and check out the plan.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 am

Friends,
In most cases the system is workable now.

Just a FYI, the courthouse rental system is still a work in progress - next to be added is FREE SCRYING ON ROOMS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ... so you can look at things without having to run all over town. After that, _maybe_ the ability to hand over a key to the Ghost Guide and have it divulge the location that matches it (if in the city).

I'll try to fix that mislabeled room I think Valerion hit on a broken name.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Friends,
I'm thinking the 'sparklie' object that tells you a place is for rent _could_ be made to summon the rental agent. This should make renting much easier, yes?

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:21 pm

GM_ODA wrote:Friends,
I'm thinking the 'sparklie' object that tells you a place is for rent _could_ be made to summon the rental agent. This should make renting much easier, yes?

Yes. I think another problem is not having rental available 24/7. Yes I know you wish to be "realistic" but the reality is not all can be on the same time zones. Its a bummer to log on and find the courthouse is closed.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum