Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvello's Travelling Menagerie

Go down

Marvello's Travelling Menagerie Empty Marvello's Travelling Menagerie

Post  DM Althaless Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:26 pm

*The Dohral city crier takes to his usual platform, Drawing a large breath he announces*

THE TRAVELLING MENAGERIE IS COMING TO THE GRAND CITY OF DOHRAL. WITHIN THE WEEK THERE WILL BE TALES TOLD AND SIGHTS THAT MAKE YOUR TOES CURL.
MARVELLO'S MENAGERIE IS COMING. TELL YOUR FRIENDS. TELL YOUR CHILDREN. TELL YOUR FAVORITE BAR WENCH. GATHER ALL FOR SIGHTS THAT NO LIVING BEING HAS SEEN AND NO DEAD CREATURE HAS EVER SEEN LIVING!!!! MARVELLOS MENAGERIE. WITHIN THE WEEK.

*The Crier watched as the citizens of Dohral paid him little attention.. "what a crock of goblins piss". He stepped down off the platform and headed home, His wage earned for today*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Posters are pasted to walls all over the inns and boards of Dohral depicting wild animals and strange being*

Step right up to Marvellos Menagerie, Sights to behold, Wonders to see, Prizes to be won. Coming soon to Al Dohral.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mikel, Get me another ale ye good furr nothun waster of air." The large man sat in the Tivook Inn had obviously had too much to drink.
"And whyle your at it you shud join that circus" *he bursts into laughter knocking his drink over the table and all over his pants.
"PISS! Purheps i should joinn it ehh?? THE GRATE AND POWERPHUL PI.." The fat drunk tried to climb onto the table before he slipped and knocked himself out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// The Fair has begun. There will be an ongoing treasure hunt throughout the time the fair remains in Dohral.

At the end whoever collects the most of these 'hidden tokens* Will be able to cash them in to the Troupes leader Marvello for a suitable prize*.

I and any other DM that wishes to use the Fair will be running small quests and events throughout. This will last for roughly 3 days.

Access to the fair is via the usual portals "Fairground" is the destination.

Prizes will be given to all who collect the "Marvellos Token" items that have been hidden throughout Dohral and the surrounding lands. The more you find the better the prize.

Note: To hand in tokens for prize a DM will need to be present

Any questions ask away Very Happy

Last edited by Perrin on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

DM Althaless
Supporter
Supporter

Male Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Merente Greyfury
Race: Human
Overall Level: 23

Back to top Go down

Marvello's Travelling Menagerie Empty Re: Marvello's Travelling Menagerie

Post  DM Althaless Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:03 am

*A man clad in shining golden armor takes the podium in Knights Square*

Gentlefolk, I am The Magnificent Marvello, And i have travelled far and wide to bring to you a spectacle you wouldn't believe!. Creatures from the very depths of hells, Wonders from Humfoo, A wizard so  powerful he makes your mages look like barbarians. A trio of cheeky rogues that will perform to your every whim. And of course my beautiful self *wink*. Now this has been long coming! Long have i walked these streets and seen the gloom on peoples faces, The depression.... the anguish. BUT NO MORE I SAY!!! Me and Mine have brought gifts and wonders to behold.
I ventured out into these lands and there i left my tokens, Any who bring me tokens shall be rewarded greatly!
And yet... i see faces before me that are covered in doubt. Come to my Menagerie, You will see! Simply hop in a portal to my "Fairground".

SEE YOU ALL THERE

*with a flourish on his cloak he steps down from the podium and walks towards the nearest portal smiling at passersby*

DM Althaless
Supporter
Supporter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 am

Rumours have it that some people are collecting the tokens, but have no intention to turn them in- instead, they're joining in the fun by offering them as rewards for small challenges, perhaps a riddle, or an exchange. ((OOC: I collected a few tokens with Grace, before deciding that I'd rather not enter her into the competetion- Rumours in dohral say to seek out a tall woman (who looks like a man) dressed in dark earthy colours))

((Also, as a heads up to the dms- tokens in areas with mad allendry are at risk- he picks up anything on the ground, and is a sprightly bugger. That includes north donnel, south and mid bolovin, that I know of)
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Althaless Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:07 pm

((Also, as a heads up to the dms- tokens in areas with mad allendry are at risk- he picks up anything on the ground, and is a sprightly bugger. That includes north donnel, south and mid bolovin, that I know of)

Cheers Elgate,

Just to clear a few things up. There will be new tokens droppped throughout the event, So if someone has a horde of tokens dont give up!.

The Event itself will last for 3 days IRL. 3 days our time.... So on Dohral time the Fair is IG for roughly a month (approx).

On the final day I will be available to award each player a prize based on the total amount of tokens they have collected.
(If i miss you on this day i will still award for up to 2 more days afterwards).

After the event tokens should be discarded (appropriately - Trashcan etc)

****FRESH BATCH OF TOKENS ADDED****

DM Althaless
Supporter
Supporter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 pm

((Also, there seems to be a problem that areas may reset if a player passes through them. So If a player enters an area, but doesn't take any of the tokens, then these tokens disappear anyway. I've been trying to leave tokens alone in certain areas to encourage other players to join in- but when I came back the tokens where gone, even though no one else had even logged in. Some area's don't appear to be resetting (Mid Egbort, for example), but others appear to))
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Althaless Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 pm

The Fair is coming to an end. I have placed the final set of tokens around the server. Im going to try and be online as much as possible (bearing in mind i have just worked a 14 hour night shift). Message me IG to hand in your tokens and receive your reward. Good Luck Wink

Apologies for the scruffyness of this thread and the amount of OOC chat. Dont have a section to place my events yet Razz

DM Althaless
Supporter
Supporter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 am

I hate my internet connection, can't wait to have LAN again instead of Wireless Lan -.-
Hopefully I can take part at least today, after 2 days where Internet gave me the finger.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Marvello's Travelling Menagerie Empty Missed the fair

Post  Pigron Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Darn. Looks like I just missed it.
Being new to town, I scoured the city of Dohral looking for the travelling troupe of Marvello himself.

I had found three of the tokens, though I destroyed one accidentally in the enchanting table at the college.
Gnomes will be gnomes.

Well at least I got to learn a new destination for the portals and returned with a pet cow. pig

Pigron
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Althaless Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Pigron wrote:Darn. Looks like I just missed it.
Being new to town, I scoured the city of Dohral looking for the travelling troupe of Marvello himself.

I had found three of the tokens, though I destroyed one accidentally in the enchanting table at the college.
Gnomes will be gnomes.

Well at least I got to learn a new destination for the portals and returned with a pet cow. pig

You are still able to hand in tokens directly to myself OOC for your reward. The portal destination will nto be available after a server reset. For 3 tokens though..... Its the taking part that counts Wink And the RP of course *nods*

DM Althaless
Supporter
Supporter

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content