Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A different Approach

2 posters

Go down

A different Approach Empty A different Approach

Post  TheRedOven Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 pm

An oddly pale female, clad in mail and worn down black tabbard and cloak can be seen and heard throughout the countless list of Inns within the City of Dohral grounds. Her intent is soon clear to those she willingly breaks her seclusion code with, a drink or two followed by the information that the Tivook Inn seems to have finally given up on fending off monster attacks and begun taking them in as if they were family.

This information would take priority in its dispersal to the most obvious adventuring types, even hinting that there might be a possible reward for the resolution of this ''most bothersome'' predicament.

TheRedOven
Posting Knave

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-03-20

Back to top Go down

A different Approach Empty Re: A different Approach

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Word had obviously gotten out, as while drinking in the Justice you are approached by a quite elven female in black hooded clothes. She carries herself with a powerful presence, despite the fact that she moves without a sound. Between the quiver on her back and the swords strapped to her leg you get the idea she must be a hunter of sorts.

Without saying a word, you seem to know why she singled you out and approached.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Race: Human
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedOven Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:06 pm

The pale one regards the elf with scrutiny, seemingly taking her time in studying the woman's frame. Eventually, she asks, with a firm, confident tone.

''Can I help you with anything?''

TheRedOven
Posting Knave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:14 pm

"We happen to be in a position to help each other at the moment."

She then slips one of her short swords from its sheath, without making a sound, and places it on the table where it catches the light and shines like well polished silver.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedOven Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Slightly tense at first due to the weapon being drawn, Elishi soon relaxes, leaning back against the counter, She'd speak up then once more, after a brief, firm nod.

''That deppends on what you both mean, and intend out of me. Regardless, you appear to be.. normal, so I will listen intently.''

TheRedOven
Posting Knave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:24 pm

On second look in the light, her skin appears to be paler than most, otherwise nothing else would stand out.

"My brothers and sisters and I believe as you do, that our population is becoming... too diverse. I believe you have met many of such individuals, whereas I have been away for some time."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedOven Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:39 pm

She'd frown at that, no doubt recalling certain things that she's either seen, experienced, or both. Eventually, her reply makes itself known.

''That I... have. i have no idea why some of your people are indulging in this, but they seem to go beyond.. acceptance of their physical traits, and acceptance of them in bed as well. I saw something with bent legs like a dog or a horse, claiming itself a horse. The Inn also has some form of shadow spawn dragon trying to trick good folk into thinking it is good natured, and is driving people against eachother. One of the people I see closest to him of late, is an elf no less, and they seem to be close. Perhaps too close. I find it appaling that given the place's history of being attacked, it's now receptive of the things it should be fearing the most. Even the hostess, an elf, accepts them as if they're just there.''

TheRedOven
Posting Knave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:51 pm

"They are sheep, too docile to do anything other than carry on, too easily fooled by the kind hands of the farmer even as he cuts the throat. The Dragon spawn I am sure my family will be interested in, but for now tell me of the other creature you saw."

She would now slip the sword drawn earlier back into its sheath at her side. You get the idea that when talking of family she is not speaking of other elves.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedOven Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

''Charia, I believe was its name. Apparently female.. It said it was cursed into being that way, but I do not believe it.'' She'd snort, reaching for her own, previously half forgotten pitcher, and leds itto her lips, taking a deep drag out of it before slamming it onto the table surface.

''Mmm Sorry about that. Anyway, when you are cursed in such a way it disfigures you, I would think the imediate reaction would be to try to hide it and solve it, not display it in full view like a trophy.. And that seemed to be the case. Curse or not, she was glad to be a... freak. Just the other day I almost got kicked out of the very Inn for my supposedly normal way of thinking. this is getting ridiculous and if nothing's done about it, soon enough they will be parading about the cities as if they were properly civilized folk..''

TheRedOven
Posting Knave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:38 pm

"I can promise you, it won't come to that. Tell me what you think should be done, and where I can find this Charia, I'll solve your problem and these other 'freaks' will learn their lesson. One by one if need be."

Throughout the whole interaction she would have ordered nothing, drinking sparingly from a flask.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRedOven Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:44 pm

''From my knowledge, they seem to like roaming the countryside around Tivook, and within the Inn itself. They do not even attempt to hide what they are, as a little respect for others.. We're supposed to like it and that is that. This... Charia.. has blueish skin I believe. Calls itself a satyr legged 'person'. You do what you have to do. It was her claim that she is your kin, and I respect it if you wish it to stay that way.''

She'd then sip from her pitcher anew, draining the tankard from its very last drops of content.

''I will likely keep trying to gain support. Perhaps even go a step further at some point.''

TheRedOven
Posting Knave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:49 pm

"You'll find I have very little in the way of kin these days. I look forward to hearing of your development of our cause."

With that, she would stand taking a few steps towards the darker area of the tavern before fading from view completely, saying only "We'll be in touch."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content