Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting in A'rys' office

5 posters

Go down

Meeting in A'rys' office Empty Meeting in A'rys' office

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 am

A'rys would have a slight feeling of being watch in her office, shortly thereafter a doorway would open in front of her, Tony stepping from the lights before it quickly dissapates.

"It's been a while. You called?
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Race: Human
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Meeting in A'rys' office Empty Re: Meeting in A'rys' office

Post  Animayhem Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 am

A'rys jumped startled at the voice. After the portal light faded, he appeared. Tony, original founder of the Arcane Masters loong thought dead.  Still having the mysterious tome in her hand she looks him over once and replies,

" Well Well look what the reaper dragged in." She chuckled to herself." It seems reports of your death have been in error.  I am hoping Haven and Aria will be here soon and we can begin. I dislike having to repeat myself."

She was cordial enough yet did not fully trust the person before her at least she knew Haven and if anyone could spot an imposter he could.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:41 am

*After some delay, Haven would follow suit, although a bit more rudely. He would teleport beside A'rys with his arms folded*

What's this about?

*His gaze would fall upon Tony for a moment, then look to A'rys*

Some kind of guild meeting because Mr. Semi-Accidental Temporal Displacement Man is actually alive? If that's all this is, I'll have to decline... I've more life-threatening matters to deal with.

*He points to the Demonic Symbol branded onto his bracer, frowning slightly*
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2013-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Haven Arnimane
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 am

A'rys chuckled and was not surprised at Haven's remark.

" Thank-you for confirming Tony is who he is. Frankly Haven I did not expect him. The meeting has been called to discuss your recent design on your bracers as well as a tome which mysteriously appeared which could possibly shed some light on your predicament. I find the occurance of the two events interesting. We have no time for petty squabbles."  

She holds up the book for both to see. The book itself is a deep red, black lettering on the front reads "Demonology" and below it is the shape of a distorted skull. Then opens the page and allows each to read it starting with Haven first. The page reads thusly:

"Further reviews and research necessary. The following should be considered a work in progress. Final copy will be published under my name."

A passage reads

"Henceforth, the word Demon is to associated with every Infernal Outsider as a general term, their differences in appearance and power shall still be documented.

Demon pacts tend to have unstable terms, easy for the demon to exploit and abuse. (Clearly, but perhaps once known those with proper intelligence can use those same exploits.) [Side note: Though perhaps not, as the second party to the negotiations most likely has no intelligence to work their own in, to enter something so binding with a Outsider.]

Every pact has a catalyst or symbol (some kind of object. More research needed,) used to seal or create (original context "form upon") it, each symbol carries the mark of its demon sponsor. (Original: benefactor) This symbol is undoubtedly very well protected or hidden, as it's destruction will very often lead to the pact maker's demise. Either outright or by other great harm.

In addition, pacts are dangerous as only the most
powerful demon lords tend to make such pacts. Lesser Demons tend to have less power to offer one seeking this actual route to obtain it, and less Willpower to actually oppose and scheme against a higher ranking High Demon. High Demons get away with this as there are less Grand Demons to police them, and more High Demons are working under those few Grand Demons. Nonetheless, Grand Demons often have a vested interest in stopping a High Demon's plots, or wiping said Demon out for good, as they help to grow and protect the Demons power base.

[Further research needed on the subject of rankings and interactions in their power structure.]"

Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:45 pm

Tony would cough quietly when she presents the book, declining to read and allowing the others to do so with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, was that all? Haven and I have brainstormed a bit as well, I'll let him introduce the options we came up with."

Would then cross his arms and wait for Haven to speak.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:26 pm

A semi magical form of Aria appears slightly shimmering and barely able to be seen but her voice comes across clearly

"Sorry about this, Spike is on the way and i'll talk through him when he gets there, but for now this will do, now what is this about?"

Vrneas head pops in the quickly disappears followed by Arias shouting something to her

"sorry, kids can be so much trouble, now if i'm interrupting, do carry on"

She looks at Tony oddly but says nothing
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

A'rys groaned inwardly as Aria appeared with her children though I guess she could not help it.

"Aria you will send Spike back when he arrives. I hope your children will behave this is quite a serious matter. The unknown man is Tony Alyows original founder of this guild long thought dead. The page that Haven is reading you should read too.  Haven has been branded by a demon, the imprint is on his bracers. Also it seems that scythe wielding woman may be demonic or have infernal ties.

Our main goal is to see what if indeed Haven is bound by a demon contract.  We need to identify the demon and free him if indeed he is bound.
If it proves that the woman is bound to the same one, then there is a chance we can destroy it thus weaken her.  I have heard the various reports of her attacking,killing and disecting creatures she deems special including Ne and Charia.  While this is indeed tragic and should be stopped, I have convidence that the guard will be able to try and keep her at bay. We need to focus on the arcane aspects. I will be including Enflavious in this as well."

Last edited by Animayhem on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Aria groans for a moment then sighs
"understood and as for the kids, they -should- be sleeping~ i'm only sending spike, in case this communication fails anyway."

her image walks over and looks at the page
"always demons~ anyway, it may be worthwhile for me to ask the gnoll shaman about any demonic bindings or anything while i'm there. one day we can have a normal meeting."

She turns and bows to tony
"I Am Aria Lindon Pleasure to meet you.I hope we can get along"
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 pm

"We know for a fact that this woman is bound by the same pact, I even have insight into her original reason for doing so. Personally, I don't believe that Haven is truly marked. Typically these things require the consent of the individual in order to have any power.
My original plan was to just destroy the symbol of her pact, but now that Haven has so irresponsibly gotten himself next in line I think we should background that for now... at least until we are sure we can break it's hold over Haven once this Stina woman is dealt with."
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:13 am

'Irresponsible' has nothing to do with it. *Haven frowns some* The symbol was branded on my bracer because I was trying to stop Stina from harming Aria. I was going to decapitate her and be done with it, but now she's decided to make that difficult for me by doing this. *Points to the symbol again*

Shortly after the incident, when Stina had fled, the Demon Lord 'Asharen' spoke to me and a group of other people about what happened, saying something along the lines of.. 'Since you're stronger than Stina, you'll be next in line for the pact when she dies.'

*He then nods to Tony some*

Tony and I have indeed already thought of ways to solve the issue... So far our best idea is to try and get audience with a powerful celestial being, in the hopes that they may be able to shed some light on my situation. They may even be able to remove the brand.

One thing for now is certain. We -cannot- allow Stina to die. At least, not yet... this includes keeping her 'Doll' safe.
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 am

A'rys listened intently at the discussion. She had some questions after Haven was done, she spoke.

" What do you mean by "Doll" Haven? You mean yourself or does she have some sort of token? Concidering all she has harmed and killed keeping her safe will be a difficult problem. Is there a way to keep her restrained and hidden? I know that both you haven and Tony are quite knowledgable in such areas of confinement.  I have sent Enflavious a message to join us and probably ask the knower who may know how to contact a celestial.   In regards to celestials, I know that Charia has been visited by them and supposedly a celestial aided her in the sealing of the Void.  Rumors I have heard only so maybe ask her and perhaps her temple could assist.
I am aware that celestials can also be summoned has anyone here the ability to do do?"

Last edited by Animayhem on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 am

Tony and I have... Discussed the topic of summoning one ourselves... We are unsure if we'll be able to do it in a 'nice' fashion. Plucking a Celestial out of their realm just to speak with them can be quite irritating for them.

*He rubs his chin some*

We would probably be better off speaking with Charia, then. Since she has an easier time encountering Celestials.

*He looks to Tony for a moment*

Regarding the binding of Stina, maybe we could use the 'Doll' as a ransom... This 'Doll' she has, looks like herself. Any harm done to this 'Doll' will be done to her, and vice versa I believe. Perhaps if we can get the 'Doll', we'll be able to control her somewhat. But for the love of everything that is holy, -don't- do something stupid with it which could end up with her getting killed.

*He furrows his brows at the thought*
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 pm

*grins at Haven* I still think we'll have a better chance of breaking it's hold once it's been weaken from having to force itself on to you.

As far as the summoning, I'll gladly lend my power but I can guarantee that they won't listen to me.

The doll is the symbol of this pact, as outlined in the book you so kindly provided to us. I support Haven's hypothesis as far as the bond between the two goes. Lla had told me she had found the doll shortly after Stina received a mortal blow. Said it belonged to her sister.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:01 am

A'rys listened.

" Its seems worth the risk summoning a celestial.  I have the cooridinates of Charia's temple and can easily port there plus bring her back here with me.  Aria if you would feel better I can take the children with me and leave them there."

She then turns her attention back to Tony.

"Interesting that she said the doll belonged to her "sister".  Did she really have one?  I remember when I first met her, not knowing her true nature, she was mumbling a name. I do not know if it was the demon's or her sister.  Tony and Haven prepare but do not summon the celestial until I return with Charia."

She look at Aria waiting for her response.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:27 am

Aria looks a bit startled then sighs

"I'd prefer that I can complete this trip, the kids.. they have been wanting this.. for a long while...I cant cancel on them now, were almost there-"
She stops talking and her image shakes a bit
"... huh, the ground shook a bit, strange.....I'll still be in touch and it'll only be for a few days anyway...~ I hope.."
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:27 am

A'rys nodded and murmered the incantation and vanished.  She arrived at the temple and happened to see Charia
talking with the priestess.

" Pardon the intrusion, I require your assistance Lady Charia, It is in regards to the woman known as Stina. We are planning to summon a celestial to possibly help us in our search for answers. Since you have had experience in delaing with them, mayhap your presence at the summoning may make them more cooperative.  I will instantly transport us to the meeting place which is in my office at the college."

Charia listened as A'rys spoke. She still was not used to her new title yet. Smiling warmly at A'rys she replied,

" Of course anything I can do to stop that creature from harming others. She attacked Ne and myself. I managed to severely wound her. Charia stood next to A'rys. A'rys murmered the incantion again and they arrived in her office. Those present would see an attractive young woman with pale blue skin, blue horns white shoulder length hair. She wore a blue dress with a paneled front open onthe side showing her stayr legs which had white hair and her hooves the same medium blue as her horns.

'A'rys has told me of what you are about to attempt. I will try my best though I can not guarantee the celestial will like me more than you."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Althaless Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:41 pm

*The celestial appears in a wave of bright white light that fills the room, He is kneeling with both hands rested upon the hilt of a curved blade as if ready to charge*

The Celestial glares around the room instantly taking in his surroundings, His white pupil-less eyes appear to looks right through the walls.
protruding from his back are a pair of large white wings. Each feather immaculate and undamaged.
His clothing is that of a long white robe with no real detail, Almost too plain.

Those that drag me from my plane.... Do not fair well. What is the meaning of this young ones. Speak with haste

DM Althaless
DM Althaless
Supporter
Supporter

Male Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Merente Greyfury
Overall Level: 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Charia bowed her head once in deep respect to the celestial.

Looking about A'rys addressed him,

" My name is A'rys. You were summoned here to perhaps shed light on a rather disturbing occurance. The man in black with the bracers has been marked by a demon. (She pointed to Haven)We need to know if the mark he bares is a binding. He and the other man will explain how it came to be."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 pm

*Holds his hands up, covered in chalk from the complex circles drawn for protection from outsiders* I wasn't there, and we both know you don't want to associate with me.

*gestures for Haven to speak*
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  cjc180 Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 am

*Haven points to the Symbol on his bracer for the Celestial to see, and explains the scenario to the celestial*

//CBA to repeat myself, heh.

What we want to know is firstly if it's -genuine-. Supposedly the woman currently in the demon contract with Asharen branded my bracer with this symbol, which Asharen tell me, means that when Stina dies, the pact is moved onto me.

If it's all a bluff, then I couldn't care less about the whole situation altogether... But better safe than sorry.

If it's real, I was hoping you would know a way to remove the Symbol and whatever it is that binds me in as next in line for the contract?

I'll try to repay you in the best way I can, if you are able to do this for me. *He nods sincerely*
cjc180
cjc180
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed May 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Obviously becoming impatient, Tony gestures, power radiating forth from the symbols of power on the ground.
"Speak!"
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Charia sighed at the antics of the man known as Tony. Humans can be well so. Sensing frustration on all sides, Charia decides to approach the Celestial and speak to him in celestial.
Whether or not he would listen she had no control, Her voice was smooth and the sound melodic as she started her plea.

"Honored One. Please overlook the immaturity of these humans. I can understand your ire at being summoned so, however a man's life does hang in the balance. I am sure you do not wish to see such an evil prevail.
Please enlighten us on a path to free him."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm

(ooc due to Oda's announcement I will start to close out the thread)

Charia talks to the celestial in his own language as he explains the situation. She nods then turns to the others.

"The Celestial mentioned that the woman's powers were not real.  She was a powerful alchemist and thus created a highly potent drug causing hallucinations.  The Celestial said that enough time as passed by that the power has faded.
Haven he suggests you look at your bracers again, the symbols are gone .He has also informed me that shortly after the so called branding was done, she was captured by the guard and executed for the murders she committed.

It seems we have nothing more to worry in regards to her of Haven being bound."

Charia looked around at all gathered and then looked at Tony.

" I suggest you release the celestial and we all go back to our lives."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 am

Tony shrugs, and lifts an arm towards the Outsider. Rather than simply dismissing it, he fires a burst of Negative energy and a blast of pure fire in rapid succession, effectively ending it's time in the Material Plane for the next hundred years. (Unless Tony summons it back before then. Fat chance.)

He turns and on his way out dons an imposing skull helm, dyed black with curling red ram's horns.
"You should know by now I don't do orders."

Then reality crumbles, and this never happened anyway.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 am

Charia relieved to see the celestial released, made her farewells to all and headed out to return to her temple. She was relieved that that vile woman would not threaten Ne any more.

A'rys was not surprised at Tony's antics or response which she refused to acknowledge them as she had more important things on her mind, getting a replacement crystal for the Knower and getting the guild up and running. 

The other involved a mysterious stone and a gypsy's fortune telling.....
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content