Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College of Dohral suggestions?

5 posters

Go down

College of Dohral suggestions? Empty College of Dohral suggestions?

Post  heather Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:45 am

Well was peeking around at the college, do really like it works and the looks as well.... Was kind of hoping maybe a bit more could be done with it? Mostly aesthetics but maybe even more for functionality?

One I was thinking about was that maybe there could be windows added in at least to the dorm rooms? Maybe for whatever reason someone might need to escape out and going through the halls isn't a real valid option maybe they could try climbing out the windows? (someone blew up their herbology concoction and it caused a fire?)

Another I thought might be nice to have could maybe be a library level? The mini library in the enchanting classroom is nice, but it would look better in the college with a larger version, could possibly even put in smaller class/lecture or meeting/study rooms within that level as well? Maybe even using the book system and having a number of books on different topics?

Kind of going with the library idea, maybe there could be randomized mini-classes? Not actually getting anything helpful like with the ones now but could possibly just be going over what many of the books already say that are around? Maybe one talking about the geography so players can get ideas about places to go, maybe one talking about creatures/animals mostly the more exotic or maybe even another sort of going into lycanthropes/vampires/etc that can cause out of the ordinary effects, or maybe even some randomized magic/spell teaching classes?

Maybe also there could be mini-events that occur randomly in the campus area? Not sure if there are any plans for the building in there as well, maybe part of it could made into a cafeteria, and the other could be to a baths area? Think it might be kind of nice if there were some npc students or teachers wandering about the halls or classrooms even so it looks a bit more populated? Could maybe use a bulletin board too somewhere or at least a couple...

heather
Forum Knight

Female Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Melinda Davis
Race: Human
Overall Level: 9

Back to top Go down

College of Dohral suggestions? Empty Re: College of Dohral suggestions?

Post  GM_ODA Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 am

Ronja the Barmaid suggested that the college might include some courses or at least some books in the library to teach languages.

PLEASE KEEP ADDING TO THIS THREAD. We want to hear from YOU!

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 am

Friends,
The college of Dohral has had a recent update or two. There is still more to be done, but it improves as we are able to address the needs there. What else is needed?

heather wrote:
One I was thinking about was that maybe there could be windows added in at least to the dorm rooms? Maybe for whatever reason someone might need to escape out and going through the halls isn't a real valid option maybe they could try climbing out the windows? (someone blew up their herbology concoction and it caused a fire?)

Another I thought might be nice to have could maybe be a library level? The mini library in the enchanting classroom is nice, but it would look better in the college with a larger version, could possibly even put in smaller class/lecture or meeting/study rooms within that level as well? Maybe even using the book system and having a number of books on different topics?

Kind of going with the library idea, maybe there could be randomized mini-classes? Not actually getting anything helpful like with the ones now but could possibly just be going over what many of the books already say that are around? Maybe one talking about the geography so players can get ideas about places to go, maybe one talking about creatures/animals mostly the more exotic or maybe even another sort of going into lycanthropes/vampires/etc that can cause out of the ordinary effects, or maybe even some randomized magic/spell teaching classes?

Maybe also there could be mini-events that occur randomly in the campus area? Not sure if there are any plans for the building in there as well, maybe part of it could made into a cafeteria, and the other could be to a baths area? Think it might be kind of nice if there were some npc students or teachers wandering about the halls or classrooms even so it looks a bit more populated? Could maybe use a bulletin board too somewhere or at least a couple...

All four are excellent ideas. I'll see what can be done to insert some of these in the near future. Meanwhile, *cracks whip* more ideas! Sound off in this thread with any ideas you may have to improve the College of Dohral.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 am

I LOVE teh Idea of a Libary, Yes, Go- Do Now.! Very Happy

Maybe, depending on the day, There are different courses? Like, Exotic weapons of the realm on day and A class on mushrooms another?
-also, maybe a Chance when making potions, upon a fail, that you create an explosion/fire? (Thanks heather <3 I'ma be evil next time I see someone making potions)

I'm sure I'll more later, but just got back from school.
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 pm

What about "safety courses" or "arcane theory" that can give one some hidden hints (wrong and right alike) to the possible points where "new spells" can be found, nothing obvious but simply a slight tapping on the cheek, to promote explorations?

Maybe courses on the creation of things outside simple spells, I am talking about perhaps crafting a bone golem, or a flesh golem, some sort of advanced courses that require some higher things, like ingredients, payments to the professor, a certain ability (levels?)

Perhaps even courses on how to animate furniture or make magical furniture one can then place in one's homes?
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 pm

As one can learn languages from books maybe learn other things however maybe there would be a limit on how much one can learn and what one canlearned based of class, level etc.

Or maybe in order to access the extras you need to finsh all four established courses and get licensed.

As there are hints to where possibly you can find herbs  maybe vague hints on other components.

Having working labs make sense rather than having to travel elsewhere.

Maybe charge a fee for using the services. Graduates of all four courses would get s discount over those who do not wish to take the courses.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down