Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More theft opportunities?

4 posters

Go down

More theft opportunities? Empty More theft opportunities?

Post  Nightcaper Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:10 pm

My curiosity finally got the better of me, I made a Rogue. I've been doing some fun bit of roleplay with him (also to test the roleplay XP which I will be posting timed results soon), sizing up marks and grifting/picking their pockets. Problem is, almost nobody has any money to give on grifting, and pickpocketing seems to be... erm, I don't seem to get any feedback from the Runestone version of the pickpocket skill. Using the hardcoded version causes me to always fail the DC (because it's 20 for just about everyone, yikes!) I'm unsure whether to request for better feedback on the pickpocket option of the Runestone as it seems to ignore me when I do it on NPCs, or to request more theft opportunities. Perhaps both would be good to look in to, and as always I'm open to some suggestions as to how I can better test this. Thank you for reading!

Nightcaper
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-04-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Curantis Wayward
Race: Human
Overall Level: 7

Back to top Go down

More theft opportunities? Empty Re: More theft opportunities?

Post  Animayhem Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:51 am

Pickpocketing amd grifting tricky when it comes to NPC's.  Some parts of the module have npcs who will attempt to pickpocket you. Smile

Also the runestone in regards to grifting and pickpocketing only works when you reach higher levels if memoery serves lik emaybe level 10.

I suggest when you next level, check the server side it will tell you that grifting is availble to you using riftstone or some simular dialogue.

Also there are some buildings scattered about the areas by which you steal things like paintings and such.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Eriniel Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 am

For a Rogue, try out the Burglary tutorial (Use window to get into the building in Tutorial Area - The one you first exit from when entering tutorial area.)

Inside is lots to steal, if you can sneak out down the stairs the stolen loot is tallied and some XP is issued.

Inside there are many many things to steal...
Eriniel
Eriniel
Lead Scripter

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Roger_Dodger Sun May 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Eriniel wrote:For a Rogue, try out the Burglary tutorial (Use window to get into the building in Tutorial Area - The one you first exit from when entering tutorial area.)

Inside is lots to steal, if you can sneak out down the stairs the stolen loot is tallied and some XP is issued.

Inside there are many many things to steal...

Very well set-up on this area. Lots to steal and try out your 'second-story' skills. NOTE: The rear second-story window does not work (from outside OR inside). Perhaps missing the script making the window operational. Front window works GREAT!

WARNING: While creeping around ripping the place off, DON'T alert the guards (they are in the next room). They are really nasty and mean, and will kill you over and over again. If you are working with one of the DMs, DON'T use the 'Shout' command (like I did) - the guards will surely hear you.
Roger_Dodger
Roger_Dodger
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2015-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Grogan Klepsis
Race: Human
Overall Level: 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum