Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Starting setup for new characters

5 posters

Go down

New Starting setup for new characters Empty New Starting setup for new characters

Post  Ulrek Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:29 am

this might have been or might not have been talked about before, but personally i think the way the new PCs start out is a bit "all over the place", what i mean by that is, you have the OOC tutorial area thats right in the middle of a IC city, and with red arrows pointing every which way to guide you to it.

i'd suggest that the tutorial area be made part of the DMFI/entry/OOC network of rooms.

also, the entry room could have some changes as well, such as making the PC spawn on the other side of the bridge, and than having 3 "doors" as it were, even if one of them would be haggis, basicly you put them all in a row on one side, and than put a sign infront of them, one says "OOC prep room" for the DMFI room. "OOC tutorial area" for the other, and "main game entry" for the last one. even if the last one is Haggis, just put a (talk to the short guy) marker there.

the reason for this last bit, is to make it easier for people to get a feel for the server, since alot of servers have entry ways like that, it'd make them feel more "at home" i think, also, it should be a goal to make it easier for players to figure out things themselves, since the less time spent walking players threw things needed for them to learn to use all the stuff on Dohral sounds like more time spent on goofing off or role playing to me. ^,..,^

thoughts?

-Ulrek-
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

New Starting setup for new characters Empty Re: New Starting setup for new characters

Post  Fenguard Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:05 am

I like the idea Very Happy

It'll make understanding the server easier ^_^
Fenguard
Fenguard
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Azrhekaul (NPC) Correct Info: Race: Undead, Lich / Class 1: Undead / Class 2: Wizard / Class 3: Palemaster
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

New Starting setup for new characters Empty Re: New Starting setup for new characters

Post  eve_of_disaster Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I like the idea too. Smile
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vials Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 am

I would have to suggest making the entry area brighter, also. It isn't as if the area doesn't look good.. but, this the area in which we're supposed to take care of crafting and dying armor/clothes and it's very hard to see in most areas to accomplish that with good success about what colors you're seeing and what you get Razz

Vials

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 am

Go through the swirling door to the left of the room and take care of crafting...
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:21 am

Just a note - the start area changed (long ago) all the info in this thread is therefore obsoleted.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down