Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleric-bugs

2 posters

Go down

Cleric-bugs Empty Cleric-bugs

Post  eve_of_disaster Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

I have 14 levels of cleric, took a monk level and when I tried to take a 15th level of cleric it claimed my domains were wrong. I had to change deity to Silurban to get my cleric level and of course that lowered my divine favor to 0.
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Cleric-bugs Empty Re: Cleric-bugs

Post  eve_of_disaster Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:47 am

The whole cleric/deity system should be remade or heavily edited asap, imo. And before its made I think there should be a quick fix to the DF system that sets it to normal nwn-standards or keeps divine favor maxed at all times because playing a cleric right now is hellishly hard - the bugs are extreme to say the least. For all other classes and subraces the bugs are don't happen often and when they do they range from slightly beneficial to slightly bad, while the cleric system is slightly beneficial very very seldom and awful most of the times towards the cleric.

Things I've run into: Being cursed for casting a domain-spell from a domain supported by my deity according to the information on the deities. Cursed for walking into an ambush without enough divine favor (apparently when your pc fights evil monsters sometimes they get blessed which, is awesome, but if DF is low they get cursed instead, lol). Cursed for casting Divine Power (this one just boggles me). Cursed for praying for a blessing without enough DF. Cursed for using a spell without enough DF. Unable to take cleric spells after having taken a monk level due to the system suddenly deciding I have the wrong domains (this is also really weird).

Paladins are easy and fun to play since their spells arn't needed to the same extent as the cleric spell-list for the cleric. It does feel like the system caters to paladins much more in that respect. Clerics on the other hand depend on their spells and if not able to cast them will just be a lousy fighter-class with a penchant to praying at a temple while others are out doing fun stuff. Though Paladins are slightly gimped balancewise since they can't take the Champion of torm class so in overall suckiness they may be equally sat on by their deity.

Suggestion-wise:
1. Until fixed/repaired/remodeled, set Divine Favor to max for all the clerics out there.
2. Fix the divine favor system.
3. Make it possible to see what your divine favor is when you are out on the field, ie not praying at a temple.
4. Fix the domain thing. oO'
5. Make the temples more personal, the priests and priestesses actually the alignment they should be and with male voices if male and female if female. Razz
6. Give holy symbols something extra instead so that they will be used for that reason. I heard from Eri that the holy symbol would let the cleric cast deity-specific custom spells but I've yet to see such a custom spell so I dunno what to think about this. Imo; take away the punishment for not using a holy symbol and give the holy symbol its own specific thing. Like when the cleric holds it they gain extra spell resistance or they gain some more ac or protection against evil or something, while when they don't use them they can still cast spells like normal.
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:04 am

eve_of_disaster wrote:Things I've run into:

Being cursed for casting a domain-spell from a domain supported by my deity according to the information on the deities.

Cursed for walking into an ambush without enough divine favor (apparently when your pc fights evil monsters sometimes they get blessed which, is awesome, but if DF is low they get cursed instead, lol). Cursed for casting Divine Power (this one just boggles me). Cursed for praying for a blessing without enough DF. Cursed for using a spell without enough DF.

Unable to take cleric spells after having taken a monk level due to the system suddenly deciding I have the wrong domains (this is also really weird).

Which deity were the domains 'wrong' for? Which spells did it effect (so I can test this pls).

When your Divine Favor is abysmally low and you enter a dangerous situation, you may find your gods disfavor a problem, conversely, keeping high DF means you may find your god's goodwill VERY beneficial. I surmise your PC had low DF in this case?

the monk/cleric domain issue is new, can you PM me more specifics, e.g. what diety?

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Cursed for casting Divine Power (this one just boggles me). - Divine power isn't even a domain spell so its really weird. Deity was Cherol.

Cursed for casting domain spells. - Cherol
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down