Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do you like to RP?

+3
FenrirNinja
AnmeyaMax
Ulrek
7 posters

Go down

what do you like to RP? Empty what do you like to RP?

Post  Ulrek Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:00 am

now i have nothing better to do so i thought i'd do one of those "ask a question and hope for an answer" things....

anyway the question is what tyep of RP do you like the best RP in citys like in Bars and Inns or do you like going out and RPing while killing things?
or maybe more hostle RP with good vs evil or something like that or guild on guild...

or which type of chars you like to RP evil chars goodie chars ego freaks or nice kind and friendly types....

or more heroic types or maybe a char that just blends in to the backround of a story....

or even what races you like better do you like halflings elves and dwarfys or do you like orcs goblins and gnolls and beast races?
or maybe even just your common human on the streets...

ether way if you would like to taik about what you like RP wise post a reply

Twisted Evil post a reply its fun Twisted Evil
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

what do you like to RP? Empty Re: what do you like to RP?

Post  Ulrek Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 am

alrightie i'll go first...

i like more or less humans mostly less heroic more backround type chars i also like goblins some what (i would try a orc but havent got around to it yet)
i have never RPed a full goodie char only neutral and evil setting wise i my self like doing a bit of giggleing but more in a evil setting i also find haveing a party of 100% evil can be pretty fun as well... i've also been known to RP a char being drunk or high... (maybe both) and i find that funny..
but i remember a time i had a blast was one another server and we had this big old party of maybe 5 or so drow plus me as Cord that was pretty fun evil partys just seem to go better for me thats probally why i like them..

anyway as mentioned in my first post i'd like to hear what people like to RP char wise and setting wise and such..

also as mentioned....

Twisted Evil reply its fun Twisted Evil
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  AnmeyaMax Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:29 am

I usually like to RP in city, civilization places. RP while fighting is OK but it generally gets kind a stressed.
I RP both good and evil characters. I must say RP as a super-evil-insane-man is really fun! Smile Let the character talk for himself and laughing for himself...
It is also fun to RP good characters but not as fun as the insane ones! Wink

Before making a RP character, set up his background 'first'.

If I'd prefer a certain race, I usually play Human.

It is fun to play unusual characters that's drunken or insane...
Or in love, but I haven't tried that yet.

Some months ago in another server I ran out with a character that was pretending to transform into a werewolf, that was soo fun Very Happy there were almost 20ppl online then and guards and such were after my 'lycan'.
Acting or doing unusual things is fun.
AnmeyaMax
AnmeyaMax
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Rohan in'Erlor
Overall Level: 20

http://anmeyastudios.uuuq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulrek Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:31 pm

thanks for the reply.... oh and...

try a goblin cookie seeker if you want a good laugh i had back on Amia a goblin of mine with a drow and we ran in to another goblin and the goblins got in to a long drawn out thing about cookies which annoyed the poor drow to death lol...
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  FenrirNinja Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:49 pm

personally, humans and elves, but i like subraces too. And i dont prefer spell casting, so i play all classes except WIZARD, SORC, BARBARIAN, BARD, or RANGER. I only prestige in SD, Assassin, and WM.
FenrirNinja
FenrirNinja
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Raed
Overall Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:26 pm

<3 Playing as steriotypical archetypes!

The Knight in shining armor, the Elf protecting his people, the halfling thief that's to naive to be afraid of anything! The list goes on.

But I have to say I enjoy playing as holy warriors and Elves the best.

Shadow
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Character sheet
Character Name: Ayden Valianthart
Overall Level: 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 pm

i prefer human character. its easier for me to rp, and they come in all flavors
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:38 pm

I play elves mostly. I like them the best. Simple as that. I have a long background in pen and paper rpg's and basically I've always preferred elves if they were optional. In Vampire I love Lasombra though, who are darkness incarnate. Not necessarily evil but very scheming and can summon physical darkness, which is always cool. Smile

I prefer to play classes that can cast spells. I get too bored with the fighting classes which just seem to be the point and click-type of characters so I like to mix it up and make casting fighters alot. My favourite build is the monk/ranger/cleric which I thought up myself (if anyone else did it, I didn't know about it). I love the 9 attacks a round coupled with a huge amount of cleric-buffs, heals and so on. Works best in a setting without an abundance of potions though. :/

I can play either good or evil quite well and like both sorts; my evil characters are mostly extremely cruel and my good ones are often quite naive and goodnatured. When I play pen and paper I tend to tone them down quite a bit though and be more scheming and clever in my approach while, in games where you have to commune through text, I prefer to be more openly outspoken in my way of playing, more obvious in the nature of my character, so to speak. I seldom play "good" characters in pen and paper. I prefer those that would choose the good path but arn't defined as good by choice. In most pen and paper games I've played there's never such a black and white perspective that is the alignment-system of DnD. I think it's kind of stupid to be honest. Razz

I prefer to RP combat all the time though. It's much more interesting than hacking and slashing and can become quite intense. Also that way it's possible that a powerbuild (which I try to make when I can - because it's fun!) will lose. I like losing just as much as I like winning because it's RP and it's entertaining either way, I like roleplaying whatever happens as long as I can decide ooc'ly if my death is permanent or not. I like to be surprised by people's actions and act according to how I believe my character would act. I had an awesome time on this local vault server. My character was really evil and kind of damaged. She had had some real bad experiences, starting out as a good character actually and through some hardships and through an alliance with a black dragon she became very evil (and not very sound in the head). For some reason she started tormenting another character (I can't even remember why, but ultimately it would boil down to her own insecurities). He finally cornered her somewhere after she had snatched something very precious from him. She taunted him with it and ultimately cast it into the river behind her which made him snap and try to kill her. We didn't do any rolls because it seemed logical his actions would let him win at that point. He leaps at her, grabs her, and she hesitates for a moment when she notices his fury. He throws her to the ground and stabs his sword right through her gut and into the ground beneath. At this point I'm emoting her death-throes and the warrior leaves with the sword still nailing me down. Through some fortunate event a vampire which has coveted my character for a very long time, enters - apparently she followed us. She finds me on the verge of death and feeds me some blood to heal my wounds. Then she goes after the warrior who did it and ends up taking him as a slave or some such... Amazing turn of events. I was on the verge of letting my character go to her final rest (after playing her for over a year) and instead end up a vampires servant with a lot more story RP to expect afterwards... Very Happy

I prefer intense RP, with good vs evil and dark actions vs harsh consequences. If I make an evil character I will try to create turmoil among the good PC's/NPC's because it will lead to fun RP and vice versa if I play a good aligned character.

I don't agree with the PG rating on the server because I think it can possibly get in the way of plot-twists and general RP that would seem natural consequences but I do agree with the reasons it's implemented. I mean, I realise this isn't a "social" server or anything and I would definatly not wish it to be but sometimes good RP gets pushed aside due to rules.
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Raventail Blacktalon Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:16 pm

I almost always play half-elves, with very few exceptions. I also mostly play neutral evil, but sometimes venture into true neutral or various types of good. I have one lawful evil character on another server, and she's actually delightful to rp as. I tend to role-play fighters the most. I make pretty rangers and paladins and even had a kickin' cleric once, but I've been told by many that I play the meanest tank they've ever seen. So, I like sticking to fighters. Hack and slash is the way I roll and I also love to tank bosses. And, of course, I seem to do that extremely well.

I also don't like 'cookie-cutter' characters. I always try to make my characters odd or interesting, perhaps wacky, bat-sh-t insane or just a normal person with a bunch of weird quirks. I tend to favour violent characters, and once had a character who was aphenphosmphobic (afraid of physical contact. she fell in love and things got interesting real quick, poor girl).

I like to RP in every setting; taverns are fun, but so are battle fields, meeting halls, adventures, and everything around and in between. This makes for the best character development, and as much as I love my characters and how I set them up, it is always so much fun to see them change and grow as those around them influence them. I like to get my characters drunk, but only if they're the type to drink. Some drink more than others. Every one of my characters tends to be a different type of drunk, and the type of drunk they are usually unfolds based on how the current RP is going.

I agree with eve_of_disaster about the rating thing. As much as I respect 'child friendly', it puts a lot of strain on me, especially with my current character being a violent, rowdy, drunken, woman. She swears and has dark humour. Makes it hard, ya know? ...Mind you, the rating doesn't necessarily need to jump to A/R/18+, but teen friendly at the LEAST would make for the best roleplay, I'd think. I've been in the situation before where we've had to skip entire scenes of roleplay and just say to eachother, OOC, "pretend _____ happened." (in other servers, not this one... yet.), which juts winds up complicating things.

Raventail Blacktalon

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Raventail Blacktalon
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 4

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 am

I've been reading up on PG 13 and I can't really say what the rating means... According to the wikipedia the rating seems to have no real rules. Female nudity is bad while male nudity is okey. The word fuck is okay as long as its used as a swear-word and not with a sexual connotation. Blood and gore can be okey unless its both realistic and bloody, whatever that means... Since its a movie-rating system it seems inconsistent; they had a movie with a script that mentioned fuck 42 times, twice sexually and it was still PG-13, apparently. While generally the rule is that if the word fuck is mentioned more than four times, or in a sexual context it should be R-rated.

On blood and gore part of pg 13 the game neverwinter nights is more bloody than the rating allows, though maybe not in a realistic way?
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Raventail Blacktalon Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 am

But then again, with Neverwinter Nights, you can change the violence/gore level, and you can password protect the 'special'/highest setting. Because of that, it is understandable that the rating can be bumped down. Not sure, but that's the only logical conclusion I can come to.

Raventail Blacktalon

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Raventail Blacktalon
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum