Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kross' Bug Hunt

2 posters

Go down

Kross' Bug Hunt Empty Kross' Bug Hunt

Post  Khaos1987 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Just a thread for the bugs I find, to be updated when I find a new one.

First of all, Ada pointed out that in the NPC arena, you can never fight the champ no matter how many master level fights you win. There's also a few more bugs.

When you fight in the arena once, the gladiator walks out, stands in place, waits for the arena master to say go, and then attacks you. Perfect! The second time, the gladiator comes out hostile, and tries to jump you ASAP. It's a faction thing, I assume. Maybe at the end of a match, the faction for the gladiators is reset for the PC?

Also, the spectators. They're great, until the match is over. Then they march to the exits of the area, or the carpet, and stand there. They seem to have trouble leaving. This isn't a huge issue, until you fight a bunch of matches in a row, and there's spectators all over. Potentially a source of lag.

Finally, the monster arena right next door to the NPC one. The monsters stand in cages until the fight begins, hostile. Not much of a problem, unless the monster can cast spells. I remember one time not too long ago, Kross was watching the fights and got a little too close to the cage holding the next monster to fight, a succubus. It freaked out, cast Everards Black Tentacles, and hit three commoners and Kross in the AoE. Oddly enough, the commoners got mad at Kross for this and tried to take a heavily armored man with bare fists. It was over so fast I didn't even have time to figure out what happened until Kross had murdered two people in self defense. Maybe some custom factions that are hostile to each other and no one else?

As of the newest update, the NPC arena is broken. The master and intermediate level matches are unavailable to be selected from the list, and then if you pick another level you can do, the arena kicks you out before you fight, saying you're not the person that signed up for the fight. I'm guessing the script that grabs which player activated the match is malfunctioning?
Khaos1987
Khaos1987
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Kross
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Kross' Bug Hunt Empty Re: Kross' Bug Hunt

Post  AdaonGP Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 am

Khaos1987 wrote:Just a thread for the bugs I find, to be updated when I find a new one.
As of the newest update, the NPC arena is broken. The master and intermediate level matches are unavailable to be selected from the list, and then if you pick another level you can do, the arena kicks you out before you fight, saying you're not the person that signed up for the fight. I'm guessing the script that grabs which player activated the match is malfunctioning?

I have noticed this as well.
AdaonGP
AdaonGP
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Character sheet
Character Name: Myles Wallskipper
Race: Halfling
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Khaos1987 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 am

A few more.

I noticed that the info window on item HP is a liar liar pants on fire. Both Ada and I have had weapons with a few thousand HP left break on the next hit. In fact, even things like non-combat gloves, when worn, have a chance of breaking when you punch something. I can understand combat gloves like monk gloves, but gauntlets of AC or ogre power? On a server where magic items are supposed to be rare, it gets frustrating when the items you do manage to scrap together break at seeming random times. Maybe we could have a merchant that just repairs equipment for you?

I noticed in the description for milk, it says it counts as both food and drink when ingested, but I didn't see much of a difference with either one of the bars after drinking a few. Of course, I was a werecat at the time so it might have worked differently, but why wouldn't drinking milk as a cat make you less thirsty?

Being a lycan, silver hurts. Even holding silver coins poisons you with silver, through full plate armored gloves. (Which I still don't know what silver poisoning does) The trouble is, buying, selling, riding the carpet, grabbing a drink at a tavern, and basically anything else involving money means you'll be getting silver as change... no matter what. You can tell them to keep the change when you sell something, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of selling items in the first place? Maybe lycans don't get their silver change anymore, so they pay a bit more for things?

Swimming can be tricky. If you get too close to the edge of the water without using the runestone to get out, you'll appears as swimming on land. Getting rid of this is a trial, since the game still thinks you're underwater as you're swimming on land.

I noticed that sometimes enemies that normally wouldn't be underwater appear there. It's common to see ogres trapped in the ponds near where they spawn, and they don't ever drown.

Finally, the rogue climbing tool isn't as functional as it could be. It's supposed to make it so you don't need rope to climb, but I've only ever had it work once, the rest of the time it gives the message "I don't think there's anywhere to climb around here". Maybe my climbing skill isn't high enough.
Khaos1987
Khaos1987
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Kross
Race: Human
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content