Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Deadlykate

3 posters

Go down

For Deadlykate Empty For Deadlykate

Post  GM_ODA Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:42 am

Deadlykate,
I don't know when, aside from your message, I have ever had anyone attempt to apologize by calling me a derrogatory name (check your message, it is in the first two sentences). I am disinclined to accept an apology that disparages me and seeks to only justify the actions of the offender. My response and advice have got to be that you should google 'Emily Post' if you'd like to learn how to write an effective apology, and if you want to apologize to me for your very regrettable public tirade against me and the server, do it in the same way you executed your angry remonstration; publicly, as a post in our forum. You owe that apology not only to me, but to the whole server, especially those who witnessed your outburst.

The fact is, you did not follow instructions, you railed against all my requests, and you broke our rules. Subsequently, you and your 'friend' chose to make public angry statements unkind, unwarranted and unwelcome.

All your PCs were deleted, along with all the PCs of your 'friend' (who voiciferously declared himself a willful rule-breaker too). This is the official response to unrepentant intentional rule-breakers, let it be a warning to all who would misbehave in such a fashion. We have rules and we require all our PLAYERS and especially our DMs to obey them.

Regardless of what you choose to do -

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

For Deadlykate Empty Re: For Deadlykate

Post  GunpowderHater Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 am

First of all, the only rules me and kate broke were... oh wait, we broke none. You have NO rules reguarding leveling. Your server can grow stale, and we were on at odd hours when nobody was on so we went to adventure. With plenty of emoting if I might add, wich is more text than the majority of your players ever type in five or more consecutive posts.

Secondly. Kate never used her DM account obviously, to level herself as you accused her of. That's downright impossible for as long as she only has one CD key set or is using the same acc to Dm. Wich she was.Your statement is thusly, invalid.

Thirdly, concerning your "Jewels of Lore". I don't know a single Dm that has ever spent enough time reading it. It's immensely long, a grand waste of time truth be told considering Dohral lacks the appeal to atract players so by the time the Dm is finished, everyone is long gone.. I do not remember having seen any of your DMs attempt any "lore accurate" interactions in the past. Nor do I remember you ever having promoted any past trainee. If it takes years for someone to go past that, gee, what's the point. Wish to know who showed me the manual? Was Eve. She showed it to me to ask me one question: "How long can you spend reading this without yawning?"

Fourth and finally, the abuse of Dm powers leading to breaking scripts. Well, where to start. Why did you ever tie certain triggers to the IC time clock? it's well known for Dms to advance time based on immersion for events. I've seen it many times over, and kate did nothing wrong. Ah, almost about this fun part. The part where you said "Fixing this will take many stressful hours". Yeah, Ehye, I'm sure they're so stressful, you even forgot pushing the reset button fixes the issues. Seriously, at least try to seem like it's not only Erin devoting her precious time to the server.

All in all, Ehye? You disapointed me. I hope everyone sees this, so that they can understand just how much of an ass you were to kate. Me? I don't care, I was gone from DOhral ages ago. I was simply enjoying some free time. Now even if I wanted to return I can't, because my char, that has created more RP than most of the players around this part, is deleted. So you lost two players in an attempt to sound authoritive and Nazi SS division squad like. I pitty Erin for devoting herself to a project that has proven to be a complete organization mess. She deserves better than that.
You opted by the easy way out. You didn't ban us, you simply killed any will we might have had to ever return even if any ban frame passed. I've to take my hat down to you, sir. For you've succeeded in every single possible way I could imagine. At least you proved you've got some courage.

Enjoy your forever empty server,

gunpowderhater, also known as Your_mom_is_mine

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:22 am

Bye then and good luck. *Waves at Gunpowder*

BTW. Anyone else recognizing that is reeks of self-praise?

...Character deleted that has created more RP than the most of this part...seriously, I have seen LOADS more RP than you did before, and the most I saw from you, consisted off things like. "Noone can stop me, I am unstoppable, immortal, allmighty, oh a werewolf, played by a Player BLOODSPILL KILL HATE MURDER MAIM AND MUTILATE! I threaten you all whoever dares to say anything bad to me!"
So well that was the only point I have anything to say to, can't say that I will miss this RP of yours, as already said, goodbye and good luck.
Valerion
Valerion
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2011-12-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Valerion
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm

lol!

I understand some people, such as yourself, feel compelled to weigh-in on matters quite beyond your knowledge. I will put that most simply : YOU SPEAK ON THINGS OF WHICH YOU ARE UTTERLY IGNORANT. Even then, I am somewhat stunned to read the details, details plumbing the depth of your ignorance and the breadth of your misstatements. I will, for the benefit of all, reply in needful detail to each of your poorly formed points.

NOTE : In quoting your post, I will do my best to omit your various general disparagements aimed at our PLAYERS, DMs, SCRIPTERS, BUILDERS and MODULE... I will do my best (anyone can read them above since I've locked this thread) tho your meritless barbs and blandishments are legion.)

Your first incorrect claim rambles along as follows : First of all, the only rules me and kate broke were... oh wait, we broke none. You have NO rules reguarding leveling.

This is incorrect, rules regarding leveling are found in the PDF Players' Guide, in the forums (old & new) but most especially in that DM DOC that gets too little attention by Kate and some other DM Candidates here - these DOCs will be mentioned repeatedly in this reply.

Specifically, we frown on power gaming such as you two actively perpetrated on the server; you formed a PARTY with a HIGH level PC of yours and DeadlyKate's new PC and you then guided her to each location you could FARM for EXPERIENCE POINTS, thereby catapulting DeadlyKate's PC 30 levels in one month. You DARE cite your paltry emotes as RP sufficient to excuse THIS KIND OF POWER GAMING ?!?!?! You really do not belong here if that is your view. This is a RP server, such powergaming is better suited to action servers.

Your message continued stating : Kate never used her DM account obviously, to level herself as you accused her of. That's downright impossible for as long as she only has one CD key set or is using the same acc to Dm. Wich she was.Your statement is thusly, invalid.

I did NOT accuse DeadlyKate of using her DM login to gift her PC with XP, had DeadlyKate bothered to read the Introduction found in the DM DOCs with which she was supplied she would have known that such meteoric advances were not condoned, this is even the topic of a large and colorful TABLE found in the aforementioned Introduction. Further, there is nothing proving she does NOT have more than one set of keys so your entire argument is 'thusly invalid' based on evidence.

Your post continues Thirdly, concerning your 'Jewels of Lore'. I don't know a single DM that has ever spent enough time reading it. It's immensely long, a grand waste of time truth be told considering Dohral lacks the appeal to atract players so by the time the DM is finished, everyone is long gone.

First, your attacks on our 'appeal' are ludicrous; invalidated by witness of your own play on the server, months and months, likewise your friends Eve and others. Heck, even Deadlykate has been back repeatedly building new PCs. I might suggest you read Aesops' Fables the parable about the Fox and the Grapes, but you are apparently opposed to reading.

While I can credit those who have DM'd before with experience with the DM Client and maybe the DMFI, we have altered and expanded the DMFI systems so it behooves even an experienced DM to read about the changes to the tools they might already be familiar with from prior DMing on other servers.

The module, as of this writing is more than 1337 total Areas, it contains over 4000 scripts, more than 1200 CREATURES, in excess of 400 CONVERSATIONS (DIALOGS) and more than 1000 unique ITEMS. Simply put YOU SIMPLY CANNOT DOCUMENT THIS ON A POSTCARD. We manage to document the module and its systems in just over 600 pages, which I find remarkably brief given the content of the 190 megabyte module. The DM DOCS are broken down as six PDF files averaging about 100 pages each, five are descriptions of what each Area contains, the sixth volume are the Appendices. The essential reading is the INTRODUCTION, and select APPENDICES. DM Candidates are encouraged to travel about the world invisibly and read about Areas that pique their curiousity, and DMs are recommended to read about the Areas in which they plan to take an adventuring party SO THE DM DOES NOT LOOK THE IGNORANT FOOL AND BE SURPRISED BY SOME FEATURE OF THE AREA.

You continue : I do not remember having seen any of your DMs attempt any "lore accurate" interactions in the past.

I must ask : And you are a good judge of what is 'lore accurate' why?

You continue : Nor do I remember you ever having promoted any past trainee. If it takes years for someone to go past that, gee, what's the point.

Elsewhere in this post you note you have been away for a long while, so you are again a poor judge of what DMs do here, especially you being a PLAYER who has little view on the inside. It can take as little as a couple weeks for someone to qualify as a DM here - but they would be a busy couple weeks. And yes, you are partly right, we do not promote DM Candidates to DM status until they have completed the orientation course to our satisfaction. Some do 'wash out' and this is for the best - we require our DMs to not be adverse to reading and writing which are essential skills. A DM who will not read is useful to nobody.

You continue : Wish to know who showed me the manual? Was Eve. She showed it to me to ask me one question: 'How long can you spend reading this without yawning?'

Really, 'How long can you spend reading this without yawning?' Um, it is a technical manual, not a graphic novel. It is not meant to be wholly amusing to read, it is informative. I understand you are adverse to book reading, this is largely apparent in your words and deeds like those of your friends. Had any of you bothered to read the material, you'd no doubt have found portions of it both illuminating and even entertaining, but the purpose of the document is to convey essential information about the module so the DM does not look like a fool. It does not work by osmosis, one must actually read it to gain any benefit.

Yes, I asked you who had disclosed the manual to you and you rudely refused, and 'stormed out' of the chat in a huff. I deduced who had breached the agreement of confidentiality and deleted all that PLAYERS' PCs the same day I deleted yours and DeadlyKates PCs too.

DeadlyKate calls me a 'jerk' in her apology. You call me an 'ass' somewhere in this post of yours. What I am is a BUILDER and a responsible ADMIN - we have rules, if you break them you are not welcome to play in our server. This is what a good ADMIN does, management, though it is not always pleasant, it must be done. A DM that is not good on their word is not a DM here. A DM who breaks our trust here is not welcome even as a PLAYER, and so we show them the virtual door. We only BAN those who insist upon being impolite and not departing on their own power when asked to do so.

Your post continues : Fourth and finally, the abuse of DM powers leading to breaking scripts. Well, where to start. Why did you ever tie certain triggers to the IC time clock?

Here you pretend to know better than the BUILDERS/SCRIPTERS how to do things in a module. Note, we did not set out to build a module exactly like other modules, we are building to make NWN as close to PNP style DND as we possibly can. Our DMs are cautioned no less than THREE TIMES IN LETTERS OF NEARLY AN INCH TALL IN HIGHLITED TEXT in the DM DOCS that IN NO CASE IS A DM TO CHANGE THE TIME SETTING IN GAME. TIME even has its own section in the appendices. It is DeadlyKate's willful disregard - her unwillingness to even skim the manual for the essentials that are evidence she broke the rules. Our post in this forum regarding how to become a DM here is very short and easy to understand - at the stage DeadlyKate was at the time, she should NEVER have been running adventures but rather touring Areas and reviewing their contents so she could avoid looking STUPID by breaking things she should well have read about.

Your post continues : it's well known for DMs to advance time based on immersion for events. I've seen it many times over, and kate did nothing wrong.

Again, this is why we have a DM ORIENTATION program and material here, we are NOT those other servers. I never set out to build something 'just like the other servers' so you are totally off base here by suggesting that this module should work just like all others (which do not themselves work exactly the same in every regard). It is your ASSuming that this is 'like other servers' where you err, it is DeadlyKate's error likewise.

Your post continues : Ah, almost about this fun part. The part where you said "Fixing this will take many stressful hours". Yeah, Ehye, I'm sure they're so stressful, you even forgot pushing the reset button fixes the issues. Seriously, at least try to seem like it's not only Erin devoting her precious time to the server.

Ah, Microsoft trains morons very well. The notion that 'reset' fixes everything is purely Microsoftian and utterly false. Only the technically inept would make such a statement. I'm not going to try to educate you - that is too much work I can plainly see, but I will alert you to the fact that RESET DOES NOTHING FOR DATABASE ENTRIES MADE PRIOR TO RESET. Databases here track such essential things as who's lycanthrope is parent to which pups, the ages of all PCs, and much much more - all of which is beyond your knowledge and so again, you post in total ignorance.

Your post continues : All in all, Ehye? You disapointed me. I hope everyone sees this, so that they can understand just how much of an ass you were to kate. Me? I don't care, I was gone from DOhral ages ago. I was simply enjoying some free time. Now even if I wanted to return I can't, because my char, that has created more RP than most of the players around this part, is deleted. So you lost two players in an attempt to sound authoritive and Nazi SS division squad like. I pitty Erin for devoting herself to a project that has proven to be a complete organization mess. She deserves better than that.

Ah, that's it, soothe your ruffled soul by calling me a Nazi. I'm certain that anyone reading this does NOT hear the violins you hear - and understands just how much of a on-server bully you and your friends have been. We have had multiple reports from reputable sources - many validated by log file records - that mark your play here as a detractor rather than an enhancer of the server. Your actions since your recent return and your post here on this thread clearly show why you will not be missed here.

Mark my words here - I pay the bills for the server so you and others can play and have fun. I created the server and have worked on it for long years - for my own enjoyment. In that chat room where you followed DeadlyKate in to rail on me - you disparaged and insulted the server, the docs, my staff and myself. When I asked you then and there who had provided you with access to the DM DOCS you got pissy and departed, refusing even this simple request from me. You who have played here a long time and apparently were having fun for those many many long hours ON MY DIME. It was easy to deduce who had broken the confidentiality agreement and I took action correctly in also deleting Eve's accounts. I think this clearly shows who among us knows things and who just thinks they do.

Please do take your poor PLAYER's egotistic know-it-all self somewhere else, I weary of your lingering taint.

Be well. Game on.

GM_ODA Twisted Evil

P.S. If you or the rest of your raging gibbon friends continue in this tirade I will be forced to post your PLAYER information in a way that other server admins will know you before you can login. So please, for your own sake if no other, depart now, do not return, do not look back. I understand you have an opinion and are entitled to one, but opinions are only valid if they are based on facts, and you lack a great many facts.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down