Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor map inconsistencies

5 posters

Go down

Minor map inconsistencies Empty Minor map inconsistencies

Post  Elgate Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think here the southern face, the area east of it and the area south of it don't fit quite right. The southern face seems to have been elongated in order that the walls will fit around the city. This means on the grid system it cuts into the area on the left of it- the area to it's east. The east area has been made smaller according to that- but not enough. either the southern face needs shortening or the area to it's east does. Also the area to the south of the southern face seems to be trying to complete it but is also a little too big, cutting into the area south, or below it, on the grid. I don't think that area is even neccesary- if the southern face is made bigger to fit top to bottom of the grid system I'd think that'd work better so you don't get that little empty square in the corner there. Other than this, the map fit's together well.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Minor map inconsistencies Empty Re: Minor map inconsistencies

Post  Absol 13 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:38 am

You did this all yourself? I knew you were mapping but wow.. Gold star for you! Like a Star @ heaven (it's blue but you know what i mean!) and thanks for you work on this and the wikka you are doing great work
Absol 13
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 am

My personal thank you goes out to our most excellent ELGATE. For those of you unfamiliar with what ELGATE has been doing, check out this URL:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Years ago I made a very basic WIKI page for the server on the wikia.com site as it is a good step in making publicity for any effort in NWN. While this was reasoned to be a good thing, a web site of our own was more important as it gave me full control of the content right down to the code itself. Thus, the web page is where I spend most of my time these days where PR work is concerned. Still, you can NEVER have too many 'landing spots' for new users to arrive upon, and the WIKI has its own unique suite of features that make it very useful too. Still, between the server, the module, the web page, the emails, the personal messages... gah. There are just no more hours in my day, and hence friend ELGATE is a terrific boon to the server.

ELGATE acting on their own, happened upon the stale and dusty WIKI I had made years ago and started fixing it. ELGATE has worked at this for some couple weeks now, adding images and extensive text entries and updates. With the kind assistance of ELGATE the WIKI entry has grown to over 30 pages now and is presenting a BEAUTIFUL face of ArgentumRegio to the world. THANK YOU ELGATE!!!

Want to help ELGATE and the whole ArgentumRegio community? Join ELGATE and I in adding to and enhancing the wikia presentation - this is open to everyone, go add your own AR screen captures and notes to this lovely WIKIA Argentum Regio presentation.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 am

That is the most brilliant composite map for NWN i have ever seen.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Valerion Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:34 am