Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN

5 posters

Go down

SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN Empty SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN

Post  GM_ODA Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:19 pm

This thread is to clarify some possibly misleading notions (hopefully without giving away the whole backstory of the module/gameworld).

Yes, some Forgotten Reams lore does bleed over into our game use. Ours is a game world, an ALTERNATE PRIME MATERIAL PLANE in D&D terms. So too is the FR, DRAGONLANCE, Greyhawk, and every other campaign setting published by any owner of the D&D trademarks since they started, AND, so too is every amateur-built campaign.

The notion of ALTERNATE PRIME MATERIAL PLANES in D&D is very old, wiki credits it with being 1st Ed last time I checked and this is consistent with the vast library of dusty D&D books at my disposal. This is all drawn from popular science fiction/fantasy and ACTUAL SCIENCE too dating back to at least the 1950's if not earlier. The notion of alternate worlds, where each option that exists 'spins off' a new world where such is the case. This allows for every possibility. EVERY POSSIBILITY. . . in some world somewhere in the Multiverse.

Somewhere in the Multiverse is Drizzt just as depicted in the books. Somewhere in the Multiverse Drizzt was sacrificed as an infant and his house gained great glory from the act that generated more goodwill for the family with Lolth. Somewhere in the Mulltiverse Drizzt grew to adulthood as a typical Drow male, subservient to the Matron's desires and a willing devotee of Lolth (or any other Drow god you please). SOMEWHERE, my bastardized version of FR exists in the Multiverse and it is from that alternate FR that comes these similar yet different things you may encounter here. We do not observe 100% cannon at all times. Even the 1st Edition DMG offered advice that we DMs make our own worlds which we seek to portray in our games and the DM is the final arbiter when doing so.

While great knowledge of the published lore/cannon is useful, do not take it as given that we adhere to any particular published version of anything. The Multiverse is big and our motives as builders are intentionally and well obscured.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN Empty Re: SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN

Post  Animayhem Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Well said as the diversity of worlds proves this.  Kudos to the original creators of the Aurora toolset. Game maybe 12 years old, but the creators had the foresight to make it expandable.

Bioware and Atari shortsighted to not support it. Very Happy

A hot topic(pardon the pun) is sex and its roll on this server. Lets face it in rl sex happens as does pregnancies. D+D lore has sexual undertones with succubi and other lust demons, races coming into heat and gods of sex and lust. That being said it is not for everyone nor should anyone be forced to it.  This is not a mature social server where maybe things are more open but a responisble rp server.

The recent story line by which Aria has gotten pregnant by a half-gnoll who also happened to be a dm was well rped and the result was not totally unexpected.  There was no overt mentioning of the act but she left with him and then was pregnant.  It was an informed and consent amongst the players involved. Yes it did not have to go that way but it was their choice and creates interesting story line which does not necessarily need further dm involvement.  

I have no problem with people who may follow opem sexual practices due to their race or worship.  In my opinon, your character can be portrayed as such by wearing very little clothing leavng something to the imagination.  Implied is more respectable in my opinion than actual. I do not mind if people emote a hug or kiss but anything more explicit should be said in tells or taken to a private room.

Dms are an asset but should not be made to give ideas 24/7 as they too wish to play.  A dms job is to try and encourage rp and make it engaging enough that players can follow up on there own without baby sitting.

Granted many rp responses are spur of the moment or in the heat of event or excitement but we should all try and rp as our character would and try not to act as maybe we would know ooc wise. I have caught myself almost doing it.

Go ahead explore all the various options but keep in mind rp is the thing. As mentioned in the other forum, going against sterotypes for races and such is a nice thing and works well if rped well.

Shar's character Ne is believable as a slightly reformed shadow dragon as is Absols Grim a gnoll trying to change opinions one person at a time.
Other players have down wonderfully well in fleshing out their characters I just mentioned these two as they are trying to buck the normal perceptions and succeeding. Very Happy

Again these are OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS not demands.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

SCRATCHIN AND FUSSIN Empty RAEG

Post  Bumlader Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:47 am

NSFGHNDGJLGDHL:GDl;

-2 REP, RAEG fgcjghjkglhtugyjkl;gyui;hjklu;gjhigl;kl;ghk;lz

That is all.
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 60

Back to top Go down

Post  GunpowderHater Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 am

Bumlader wrote:NSFGHNDGJLGDHL:GDl;

That is all.
RGNJDUNCDLFBLENCELDFNCP

OMG -4. Oh well! So much for the desired honourable folks.

Gun\Ymim

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 am

GunpowderHater wrote:

That is all.
RGNJDUNCDLFBLENCELDFNCP

Gun\Ymim
Now how come your activity score is higher than mines? I demand a re-vote!
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  GunpowderHater Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am

Bumlader wrote:
GunpowderHater wrote:

That is all.
RGNJDUNCDLFBLENCELDFNCP

Gun\Ymim
*Patpat.*

Far from the ability to burst the bubbles of hypocrisy you are, my young paduan.

Gun\Ymim

GunpowderHater
Abusive User
Abusive User

Female Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumlader Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

GunpowderHater wrote:
Bumlader wrote:
GunpowderHater wrote:

That is all.
RGNJDUNCDLFBLENCELDFNCP

Gun\Ymim
*Patpat.*

Far from the ability to burst the bubbles of hypocrisy you are, my young paduan.

Gun\Ymim

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bumlader
Bumlader
Posting Knave

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post  LordSurge Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm

The longer you lay dormant, the less it gets?
LordSurge
LordSurge
Forum Knight

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Zeff Trom
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:13 am

Just a reminder to all. These are the terms and conditions you agreed to when you opened your forum account here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is clear from these, that spam, abuse and many other behaviors recently exhibited by those no longer here in the forum, are being enforced. SPECIFICALLY:

"Aggressive or slanderous messages, as well as personal insults and critics, the coarseness and vulgarities, and more generally any message contravening the French laws are prohibited."

If you have any questions, hire a French lawyer.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/