Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

using bedrolls ... and dry wood

2 posters

Go down

using bedrolls ... and dry wood Empty using bedrolls ... and dry wood

Post  BenevolentDevil Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Bedrolls are not showing up for me on use when clicking the ground.

Also I can't seem to make splints from dry wood, everything I do, it makes torches.
BenevolentDevil
BenevolentDevil
Forum Courtier

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Bavmorda
Race: Human
Overall Level: 11

Back to top Go down

using bedrolls ... and dry wood Empty Re: using bedrolls ... and dry wood

Post  GM_ODA Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:54 am

Friend Benevolent Devil,

Our scripted systems pay attention to what your PC has in hand (and other things) - this can sometimes confuse the user, but we do this in a way that makes sense (e.g. do NOT try climbing with things in your PC's hands).

With EMPTY HANDS, use DRYWOOD item and target a bare spot on the ground. The item is taken and a placeable but unlighted 'woodpile' is made at the target location. This 'woodpile' is interactive, to light it, you can target it with a fire spell, otherwise, just click the woodpile. If your PC is a 'nature boy' you may be able to light it sans-gear (text-rp'd as 'rubs sticks together'). For other PCs, equip a flame source such as a torch or lantern. The torch and the lantern are the 'light switch' of their day, and everyone can ignite them from scratch (each is assumed to include flint and steel). Clicking on the fire will initiate a conversation that includes an option to 'light campfire' if the PC has a flame source in hand.

Once lighted, the campfire becomes an 'anchor for campers' - within a short radius of the campfire is a zone where your PC can use and target the ground with a bedroll or tent. This will take the item (bedroll or tent) from the PC's inventory and place a usable placeable object on the ground in the proper form either bedroll or tent. This is how most PCs rest in the wilds. To retrieve your tent or bedroll item, you must strike or break camp. To do so, click on the campfire, and choose the 'break camp' option... the items will be found on the ground where you left them. Very Happy

Is this consistent with your experience?

Edit to add ... to make splints, your PC must be holding a slashing weapon in hand, then use the DRYWOOD item, it should remove the DRYWOOD item and give your PC SPLINTS (item). Splints used in a similar way yield stakes.

I _think_ you need SPLINTS, rags and oil to make torches (I may be in error, we were looking at that feature recently and I'm foggy on how we left it).

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BenevolentDevil Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 am

Any time I use dry wood other than making a fire ring , it just makes a torch. No splints option. I'll go back to noob-u and experiment more.

Maybe because I was trying to place a bed-roll with-out a fire made ... I'll try that next too.
BenevolentDevil
BenevolentDevil
Forum Courtier

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Bavmorda
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content