Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drow area Wishlist

+2
MetalTree
eve_of_disaster
6 posters

Go down

Drow area Wishlist Empty Drow area Wishlist

Post  eve_of_disaster Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 am

Hi.

I'd like the drow areas to be made more "cozy". I'm gonna put it as a wishlist since that was suggested.

1. Sleeping areas needed
2. Friendly talkable npc's, priestesses, merchants who sell unique drow stuff like the piwafwi cloak for example, henchmen that follow you as long as you are in the cave-systems.
3. A portal accessible if you have a drow pc hide or is a slave to the drow. Makes getting back home easier than running all the way through the troll-caves.
4. More underdark areas with freaky monsters, possibly connect the underdark areas to the dark caverns somewhere for easier access to all that the cave-world has to offer. The underdark areas more reworked (I know its not underdark but slightly above it, but I'd still want the cave-areas more reworked so that drow can stay put and still get exp, levels etc.
5. A bar. Yes, the drow needs a bar. And an arena. That already exists though but the tables have no chairs and the bar has no bartender. An arena should pit either npc slaves vs each other or pc's vs npc slaves, or able to do some fun pvp that ends before death.
6. Named npc's in the drow areas. Sick of seeing drow rogues, drow priestesses and other nameless cannonfodder who's sole purpose is to kill intruders and die for exp when Zaiah raids the underdark. ^^
7. Actual slaves of different kinds that serve the drow and don't just attack them to die.
8. A drow guild: I guess if some nice drow pc makes it we could claim some underdark territories and get an actual pc-controlled faction down there.
9. More extensive drow areas with actual drow inside of them. Much of the drow areas are empty of npc's. Should have some big spiders in the spider-area, imo.

Can't come up with anything else currently. Anyone else have any ideas? Smile
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Drow area Wishlist Empty Re: Drow area Wishlist

Post  MetalTree Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 pm

[quote="eve_of_disaster"]Hi.

5. A bar. Yes, the drow needs a bar. And ran aena. That already exists though but the tables have no chairs and the bar has no bartender.

Drow cities to not have taverns... Or inns. Perhaps they have drinks available (Which is unheard of as far as I know) in the houses or at the academies or something.

*An arena should pit either npc slaves vs each other or pc's vs npc slaves, or able to do some fun pvp that ends before death.

Drow do not have arenas, you're thinking Illithid. Drow slaves are goblins, hobgoblins, ogres, gnolls, and some other goblinoid/humanoid creatures. They use their "Fodder" in battles against other houses, and lesser houses use them for bodyguards.

7. Actual slaves of different kinds that serve the drow and don't just attack them to die.

I like this. See above under the arena suggestions for a few good slave types.

8. A drow guild: I guess if some nice drow pc makes it we could claim some underdark territories and get an actual pc-controlled faction down there.

Drows don't really have "guilds" They have houses, and there has been ONE mercenary group of renegade drow called Bregan D'arthe that have banded together into a mercenary group with a great army that serve their own purposes. *Led by Jarlaxle "Baenre" (not of the family anymore). Other then that the only guild s I can think of would be the masters at the Academies for Religion, Sorcery, and Fighting. Smile
MetalTree
MetalTree
Posting Knave

Female Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Character sheet
Character Name: Katrynna Ellia
Overall Level: 40 (eventually) :P

http://I have none.com :(

Back to top Go down

Post  eve_of_disaster Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 am

Reason why I suggested a guild is because the server has a guild system of conquering territories and the underdark is filled with territories. My reasoning is that drow should want to claim these territories if nothing else but to prevent others from doing so - all guildmembers may teleport to a claimed area and if surface-dwellers make it a habit to conquer underdark territories the drow may find themselves invaded quite regularly.

You could always create a guild called "House Claddafin in AR" though, or why not "Brothers Do'lyl". A guild imo, does not have to be such a formal gathering, we could roleplay it to make it work with something that makes sense.

I admit I just want an arena which lets you test your skills between pc's a bit without having to kill each other. A mercy-system with non-lethal violence would do this but an arena that auto-raises the defeated would also be a neat solution. Anyways, if arenas don't exist in drow society it could be an academy battleground like the one Drizzt fights in against other drow in the first book during his training years.

The bar doesn't have to serve drinks, but can supply refreshments of other sorts aswell as be an area for formal commune between houses. Also remember that we may take some liberties in the creation of AR's drow society, all drow in the underdark are newcomers from other realms.
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulrek Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:07 am

as for the wishlist.

A: the sleeping areas were in last time i checked, as well as cells to keep slaves, and housing for nobles.

and B: the "bar" is really more of a "tray and food line" for rations, with a fighting cage/stage in the middle of it for some public shows.

when i built the areas i had more of a "drow army base" in mind, rather than a city, since thats basicly what it was. the NPCs are mostly lacking due to ODA being busy, if you want something put it, as a general rule try to make it yourself and send it to ODA, doing half the work to make your dreams come true, makes ODA a happy camper since he can move on, and that you're once more content.

anyway. i did add in some custom NPCs with the areas i sent, but it seems they didn't get put in with the areas.

thats all for now folks... cya..

-Ulrek-
Ulrek
Ulrek
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Cord Vinsack
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Post now, love for the Drow. What improvements do you feel are needed?
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Well an area which would be drow like. I did send you a mini module I made utilizing the underdark.

Right now the drow are currently in caves utilized by other races.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:28 am

Well, considering the drow in this place are -faaaar- smaller in number than they would be in faerun, it makes sense they're having to fight to have a space of their own, and that there's some confusion as to 'houses'.

After all, you could be getting drow, from many different houses, from different places, all thrown into this new world- and very possibly killing each other off soon after arrival. It would be nice to get a firmer idea of how the drow are adapting to the planar relocation: it does seem rather odd sometimes that the drow in faerun where far larger in number, but did far less noticeable surface attacks then these drow. If you suddenly have a smaller population, surely you won't decide to announce your presence to the surfacers and invite them to come fight you.

Obviously the drow have been here long enough to set up a settlement, and no doubt they'll be aiming to enlarge it.

Drow love beautiful cities- harsh though they may be, drow are some of the best architects and artisans out there- but they won't start making a grand city full of potential leisure past times (for those who can enjoy them), until they have a better claim to the 'underdarks'. Perhaps after the time shift, they will have had time to have established themselves?
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content