Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event) Empty Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event)

Post  Animayhem Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 pm

They met at the college , three graduates to avail themselves of the vast facilities offered. They had just barely begun to discuss their reasons for gathering when unannounced, guards cams storming into the enchantment room and arrested the professor. She was charged with helping the former student known as Thomas, who created a golem that went beserek in the college and it seems another which attacked the port.
The guards were very abrupt and told us to come to the courthouse. Tsully,Fen and myself were in a state of shock but then composed ourselves and went to the courthouse, with a general feeling of unease.
We arrived and were treated cordial enough but when the guards failed to return in a timely fashion Tsully mentioned that something may be afoot. He was right as the guards returned with trumped up charges against us. Fen was in disbelief and Tsully's hackles were up as he had to threatened them to reveal the charges. Seeing that the situation could esculate into something ugly I spoke to the guard and said, "I give you my word as a priestess that what was spoken were the facts as we knew it. We know nothing of the Professor's life outside the classroom." Tsully and Fen listened but said nothing immediately however the guards talked amongst themselves and we were set free saying not to go back to the college or if we do not to poke around.
We headed back to the college anyway as Fen and I needed to rest and gather supplies. Leaving Tsully in the college, Fen and I decided to wait in Gessles Temple to see what , if anything Tsully found.

Last edited by Animayhem on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event) Empty Suspicous Minds

Post  spiriteternal Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 am

Thoughts from Fen
"I am very confused by the entire situation. As if it is not bad enough that the professor was arrested with little to no proof of the accusations against her, but we were as well initially accused of this horrendous crime comitted by the former student named Thomas. There seems to be little if any evidence of what the guards accuse, and as we have been told to stay away from the area in which true evidence of any sort might be found, it appears the city guards will be able to produce supposed evidence or remove any in the contrary at their convenience. This is all very strange and might make wonder what these guards have to hide or what there true agenda is."

spiriteternal
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event) Empty Re: Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event)

Post  DM_Dekkar Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:37 pm

After a time the guards convene in a private chamber at the courthouse discussing the recent questions arising the 'Thomas' situation.

Guardsman: We can only keep this under control for so long sir, you need to find him ,or find someone to fix this on.

Guardsman Captain: You let Thomas be my concern, hes my responsibility. I will insure that this situation is controlled before further.. questions arise.

Guardsman: You know we have your back sir, but if the truth comes out, who knows what may happen.

Guardsman Captain: You let me worry about that and focus on your duties, now get back to work and keep an eye on that group at the college.

The guardsman leaves closing the door behind him, leaving the captain alone leaning against the wall in a ponder

Guardsman Captain puts his head in his hands "Gods, how'd I let things get this far.. Damn you Thomas.." In anger he slams his plated glove against the wall and follows his men in tow to continue patrol.
DM_Dekkar
DM_Dekkar
Posting Knave

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Character sheet
Character Name: DM Dekkar
Race: Human
Overall Level: Over 9000!

http://tobeking.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event) Empty Re: Suspicious Minds by Charia(from a current in game event)

Post  Animayhem Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Charia and Fen walk out of Gessle's Temple and notice the guards patrolling. Charia smiles as the guard passes then leans over and whispers to Fen.

"I do not like this Fen, I feel like a fish in a bowl. Maybe you should go and shift and check on Tsully, he has been in there too long."
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Dekkar Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Since the recent encounter with the guards at the courthouse, all who were present continue to feel uneasy, as the feeling of being watched seems constant. With the occasional guard or two randomly entering the college and 'patrolling' before leaving without a word.

Meanwhile somewhere in Rural Dohral roads.. two guardsmen seem to be patrolling the roadways, when one veers off into the darkness towards a gaunt looking hooded figure. They meet up and exchange letters quickly, then walk separate ways shortly after.

Guard 1: It's here.
Guard 2: Then its settled, we must inform the captain that we are ready to proceed with the plan.
Guard 1: Firstly we must wait when they are all together for this to work properly. Keep your eyes peeled and give the signal when it is so.
Guard 2: *Grins* Gladly..
DM_Dekkar
DM_Dekkar
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Charia decides she and Fen should go back. Taking Fen's hand they go back into the college and all of the sudden hear a lound noise from the second floor in the area of the enchanting room
As they were racing to the second floor they were met by Loth another student of the college. They arrived at the door cautiously not knowing what to expect, after a few moments they opened the dorr and went in.
There by one of the enchanting tables was Tsully and a man lying unconcious at his feet. They pause, looking at Tsully for an explaination.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:15 am

He hadnt noticed who came in when he glanced back, he had been comcentrating on something that was scattered on the table trying to make sence of what he had just seen. The woman he knew as Charia stepped up beside him where he stood.
" Guess who that is. ", he asked quietly without looking over.
He didnt know wether the explosion of components at the table meant success or not, but it worried him still. Charia bent low to check the unconcous Thomas. When Thomas failed to wake, her questioning look once again settled on him.
" I caught him off gaurd, he hit his head when i took him down.", he added quietly, indicating to the stained stone corner of the enchanting table.
He finally looked over after hearings Fen's worried tone when he had failed to answer with more information. He wish he could explain it better, but he was at a loss of words as he had never seen the enchanting table act in such a way.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Male Number of posts : 125
Location : the armpit of america, the black swamp. toledo ohio
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Eurikai Duenrhae
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Charia spoke after Tsully was done. "By any chance is this Thomas? The one we had been seeking? He is alive but that bump on his head shows he fell down hard. What is it you see on the table Tsully?" She briefly looked at Fen then back to Tsully, awaiting his answer.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 am

"Indeed it is.", he answered, looking back to the surface as he traced a finger through the char that covered the table. The black had burned into the stone and didnt give any irregular signs of anything unnatural. He smelled and tasted the residue on his fingers, it bore nothing outside of the ordinary.

Confused, he finally looked down to Charia as she crouched beside Thomas, "I know the power the table uses, i am very familiar with it and can feel it when it does whatever it does. Im unable to use the arcane magic, but i know that feeling.".

Looking back in thought," But that was differant, that was, i dont know, intense. Very strong, and, opressive.", he started.
"When that table went off, that energy filled this room, forced its way over everything and bore its presence. When i regained my sight, i moved on him. I didnt want to give him chance to do anything else.", he finished looking back to her.
" I didint mean to do that,", he indicated with a nod towards Thomas' form. ", But it just happened when i tried to take him down.", he finished with a half shrug.

Among those familiar to him, there was also a strange speaking fellow who he had never met. The man was peculiar to him in a way he had never encountered. He took him in a long moment trying to make sence of his manner of conversation, but pressing matters denied him abilty to focus as he was concerned with the matter at hand.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Charia was trying to concentrate on what Tsully was saying but that inane mage's babble made it hard and she gave Loth a stern look. After a few moments she spoke." Well you saved us from him and the man from his self. Here Tsully, take this canteen and pour the water on him but keep alert. Fen please use your keen senses to detect anything abnormal." She gives the canteen to Tsully and goes back and stands next to Fen.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  spiriteternal Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:31 am

*Fen shifts to kobold commando form so she can scout outside and make sure the guardsmen are gone. As she slowly scouts the second floor, the first floor, and all around the college building, she can see no trace of the guardsmen. They seem to have gone quickly with not a single one left to even watch over Fen and the others, leaving a rather unsettling feeling in Fen's stomach. It is almost as if they only wanted to give the appearence of halting her friends and then allow them enough rope to hang themselves with. Again Fen begins to wonder what the captain knows and what the planned endgame is. As her mind wanders onto thoughts of the candles on the enchantment table a series of images run through her mind. Through the hazy clutter of a vanished past, fleeting pictures of powerful drow wizards, evil summonings, and demonic creatures of awful power. A cold chill runs over her skin, as she returns to report on her scouting of the building.*

spiriteternal
Posting Knave

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:36 am

Charia speaks to Thomas," Good you are awake. You may have a minor headache for awhile but you will live. Be thankful Tsully has respect for college property. Now you will tell us why you have returned." Charia lets Thomas collect his thoughts and turns to Fen." What have you discovered Fen?"
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Fen seemed quiet as if contemplating something while Tsully was trying to get more information out of Thomas and was about to get a response, when in walked the Captain and some of his men. We found out that Thomas was the Captain's son. Naturally we were quite nervous except for Tsully. The converstaion was getting heated on both sides and a fight could have broken out any moment which would have solved nothing. Knowing that her speaking up may cause her death and possibly the death of others but also knowing that sensless killing was not the answer.
In a calm but empassioned voice Charia reminded the Captain, "He is your son but he is also an adult. I can understand you wanting to protect him but taking him away and not to face justice demeans your position and also incriminates your men as they would be following your orders. These men probably have families as well, if you make them kill us and then run off with you and your son, then you take them away from their families. I know he is a dissapointment and you tried your best to raise him but he is an adult and needs to be responsible. Let him go to trial and face his crimes, leave here not as a father but a man who has been hired to uphold the laws. We will not harm him and will make sure he gets to trial safely." Charia finished though outwardly calm, inside she was afraid that she had comndemed them all. She watched and waited for a response.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

((OOC gonna bring thread up to current events so more can respond who were there.))

Everyone was stunned by the young cleric's words who seemed wise beyond her years. The captain and his men left, leaving Thomas in the hands of Charia,Tsully,Fen and Loth thus preventing what would have been a bloodbath. Running out of options, Thomas reluctantly agreed to take them to where he would meet the dark hooded figure.
The meeting took place in the Military Port beach in South Egbort. With the exception of Tsully who assumed eagle form, evryone else hid and watched the proceedings. In a few moments the mysterious figure appeared. It was a lesser planar a demon or devil. It approached Thomas and acted as if it was giving him his next assignment and proceeded to hold out a parchment. After taking the parchment, the creature stabbed Thomas then vanished. Charia healed his visible wounds but he did not respond as the blade was laced with a toxin which had placed Thomas in a coma.
Tsully managed to read the note which had said they knew that Thomas would not be alone. They had been betrayed and before the four could leave and take Thomas, they were besieged by a variety of golems. All fought except Loth who was ever the commentator constantly talking however he did prove useful as he had raise dead scrolls to raise those who fell.
The four returned to South Algrada and Thomas was handed over to the courts. They parted ways but could not help but feel that there was more danger to come.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:52 pm

((OOC all those who were involved in the assassin attack and aftermath can respond
(Ne' ,Tsully,Godo,Uglack,Allura,Athena, Fen, DM Dekkar,) even if its just your thoughts.)

Charia had come to Tivook to relax after the ordeal in South Egbort and to check up on a shadow dragon, a recent arrival with a long name whom she just called Ne'. The events which were about to unfold she did not expect.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 am

Charia and Ne' were talking on the escarpment overlooking Tivook in when all of the sudden, we heard shouts and spells being cast. We looked towards the commotion and saw a winged woman and a mage fighting.
It was hard to see with all the spells being cast but we got down to help but the battle was over. Exhausted but not too badly injured was a mage from the inn and a winged woman scantily clad with sword and shield. On the ground were the bodies of lizard folk. The woman introduced herself as Allura but was not a celestial as her wings were the result of eating a mushrooom and the adverse affects could not be removed.
The mage explained what had happened and that people who traveled further uo the road went missing. As the mage was leaving the door to the inn opened and Melinda and Athena appeared startling Ne' who was not used to so many people at once. Alll were introduced , however Allura and the mage could not stay which left Charia,Ne,Athena and Melinda to discuss the merits of unraveling the mystery of the missing people.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 am

It was decided that they would go and investigate. They traveled along the west road and fought off the goblins and hobgoblins which seemed to have taken up residence in the wilderness.
However as they approached the next gate, Ne' paused sensing something not right. His instincts were correct as a single drow approched the group, he was an assassin and Charia was his mark. Though not having known him long, Ne' stepped up sword drawn and stood in front of Charia. The drow in typical fashion of his race demanded Charia be turned over and no harm will come to the others. Naturaly the four refused and shortly there after faced the rest of the assassins. Melinda stayed in the back using her crossbow and spells, Athena and Ne' went to the front and Charia in the middle. They fought long and hard and prevailed, Ne' extremely well as if one talked to him he would seem not a man of violence. A disturbing note was found on one of the drow bodies, apparently there was a bounty out on Charia,Tsully and Fen.
However Charia, not used to battle and stunned at the note, had to be helped back to the inn. They went inside and refreshed themselves and when they came out they were met by Tsully and two mercenaries.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 am

The group stopped and looked at the two mercenaries as did Tsully. Naturally they announced their quarry which was Charia, whom they were able to recognize due to her unique characteristics. Charia naturally refused to go with them and a fight ensued. The mercenaries were easily defeated by those assembled. Charia was still shaken as the second attempt in such a short time and
after Tsully removed the bodies, Charia approached him and showed him the bounty note.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Dekkar Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Many months have passed since the confrontation and the events that transpired with the bounty, and the unknown demon. To all those involved they can feel a strange presence over the months watching them whenever they travel, unseen eyes with that piercing feeling you get when you know someones watching you. Things have been relatively quiet for some time, even with the discovered bounties on the heads of the prominate ones involved - there was no further attempts, or at least until only recently. One night after Charia, and Ne'alio, Melinda and (sp? strange name and I feel bad cause I cant remember message me Auroura with your character name so I can add it =-p) Accepted a job from a nobleman to help save a friend who had been kidnapped by unknown assailants, the group was offered a gold reward in exchange for the life of his friend who happened to be a wealthy merchant himself. They were given a few details and told that they would only receive payment if he was brought back alive, after a time the group tracked the kidnappers down and shortly after a fight insued, though outnumbered the 4 proved their skill and valor as the enemy were all taken down with in a matter of time. While Charia was critically wounded, Melinda managed to save her before any further damage was done. They escorted the merchant back in the dead of night when the moon was high in the night sky when Melinda and the other companion(sp?) mysteriouslly dissappeared, figuring they held back to get rid of the stragglers Charia and Ne'alio continued. After they met with the noble, they agreed to walk together back to the city to receive payment, halfway there they saw two strangley armored figures in red and black armor and robes charge towards them, though heavily armored they moved quick with the grace of an elf. Charia and the noble were overpowerd Charia managed to wound one before she fell to the ground from her own wounds, the noble was hit with some type of paralyizing poison and froze still. Ne'ailo continued to struggle receiving several wounds herself, but after a few minutes she managed to hurt them both to the point where one of them yelled "Damnit, We have to fallback!" They quickly split up and ran different directions, Ne'ailo pursued one for a time, but he was too fast - so she returned to her fallen comrade and the noble and helped get them back to health. They finally returned back to the city where they each received their promised reward, and the Noble also invited them to a dinner with him, the captain of the guard, and several other Dohral officials sometime the next day - while not giving an immediate answer, he reminded them the offer would remain open should they change their mind.
DM_Dekkar
DM_Dekkar
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  DM_Dekkar Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:20 am

*Bump and reserverd for future text*
DM_Dekkar
DM_Dekkar
Posting Knave

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:26 pm

After Charia and Fen recieved their reward and the noble and guards left, they returned to the college to discuss the events." Fen, I do not like this at all. The noble seemed to know too much like I was part fey and that the Captain wished to talk to us. To be honest , I think Nobleman Card was really not in any danger and those so called thugs were actually there to kill you and I. I also believe the drow were hired to finish the job and that Sher paid them to entrap him to throw off suspicion on himself. Praise to Rhenallathan we survived. Let Sher think us not coming to the invitation a snub as I may be young but I sense a trap." As she was speaking she could see Fen nodding in agreement and as a reflex pulling her hood and cape closer around herself. They bade each other farewell and went their seperate ways. Charia did not go directly to sleep but decided to go to the forge to make some bottles to release the pent up energies she felt.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:30 pm

The dust lay heavy on most surfaces of the quiet house, a drab blanket keeping the place snug until its keeper returned. Still rays of sunlight cast the room in a dim haze, the sounds of the sea the only ambience the place held.

The charred remains of the hearth on the far wall held interests to the keepers whereabouts. An assissination attempt order he had shown the woman he knew as "Charia". Her name, like his was among a few on it, and when the last attempt on one of thier lives was thwarted, they discussed thier safety concerns.

He had already spoken with another whos name was on the list, a woman that frequented the College of Dohral and whom he knew, Melinda. But it had been longer still since he had spoken with the dark elvin woman he knew as Fen. Her absence from the city in recent months has cause for worry.

It Disappointed him still that the people charged to protect the city were corrupt. He had never before experienced such a thing. It has despaired him so, that he has left the city in search for his friend.
keeping to the skys he searches the region, seeking any sign, and gaining whatever new information he can.

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Charia awoke the next day, still concerned about the incident with the man named Sher. Fen was too upset with what happened, Melinda was well Melinda so she needed another set of eyes. She remembered Tsully was a member of the mercenary guild and decided to go there to tell himm of what had happened, as he could be their next target. She heads towards the guild hoping to find him there.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

It has been awhile since Charia has heard from the guards. Were they no longer suspects? If only Tsully would respond to her letter. She knew Fen was allright but was now embroiled in a battle of wits with her sister Iso. Yet she knew the tides could change so would not get complacant.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Orinai Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:09 pm

It had been months, and the trail had gone cold in his search. He returned to the last location that held useable information and spent a great deal of time tracking the lands. After a bit of disappointment, he decided to backtrack enroute back to the city retracking the path he took and scoured the area around that. The wilderness offering no more than it had already given, even then he was thankful for what it. He hadnt found remains.

The search was teadious, and the time it took became an afterthought. There wasnt much to go on, but he tracked down every lead he found, some more benefitting than others, but none really pointing him in the right direction.

after so long a wait, finally and EDIT!
TO BE CONTINUED IN A WHILE

Last edited by Orinai on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orinai
Forum Knight

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next