Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NeverwinterNights

4 posters

Go down

NeverwinterNights Empty NeverwinterNights

Post  Shar Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:51 pm

For the past ten years, this has been by far and without question; my single favorite game. Sadly, as of yesterday the final blow seems to have been dealt to NWN. the list of servers that has been the only realistic way of gaining new player-base to the remaining servers has gone down. most likely for good.

When i first saw this and realized the total implications. I admit, i was distraught to the point that i was speechless a moment. there has never been a system like NeverwinterNights. there may never again be one that can measure up in every way either. Even knowing this i am glad to have had this as the last server i was on, and to know that you just as I, were the ones that stuck it out through all. Together we have walked the planes of fantastic worlds and claimed there highest peaks. All of this without ever even knowing the others real names or needing to do so.

Now when the ship seems to be going down; I can only say that i am happy for the times that i have had and for so many of the people that i have spent them with. Through our online selves i feel that in many ways our own feelings, views, and even hopes are sometimes carried. Though it may seem like a small token i can only hope that it will be enough to show my true appreciation for you all, as well as those who i have played with in the past. somthing that i have never shared on any server before this for the past ten years. My real name.

-Rob
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

NeverwinterNights Empty Re: NeverwinterNights

Post  BobbyBrown15 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Bobby Brown,

Its not the end yet, we can still keep this going on without them if it comes to that. People are already working on finding ways around the server list. Plus i doubt that gamespy may have given up on it yet. They still support older games, and we all know NWN is still sold in places. Glad to know you Rob, I hope you anyone else has decided to give up on NWN just yet.
BobbyBrown15
BobbyBrown15
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 521
Location : Roseville, MN, USA (not online tuesdays, fridays or saturdays)
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Vashan Wilkina
Race: Human
Overall Level: 28 Total (19 Sorc/9 RDD)

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 pm

This is a game changer, but it may be for the good.

When the gamespy list was running, most new players went to where they saw high numbers of players thinking 'it must be great'. This only perpetuated some servers that really were unstable and not very feature-rich (but popular social & RP sites). They had their run and that's fine. Now, to find a server, you have to do what you do for anything else you seek on the internet, you turn to the search engines:

So let's see some sample searches ... go to any of the major engines and try these searches

nwn server

nwn multiplayer

nwn multiplayer server

neverwinter nights server

neverwinter nights multiplayer

neverwinter nights multiplayer server

Notice where we are ranked and take heart.

Game changer yes, end of the game no way.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA

P.S. while the gamespy chat is still running it would be good to keep a "Argentum Regio Doorman" logged in there to tell folks how to direct connect.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shar Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 am

I think some of you are missing my message. This is not a goodbye, i am still going to be here and doing events. i simply wanted to show my appreciation for everyone i have played with. this is just my way.
Shar
Shar
Forum Vizier

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Ne'Sekoleth
Race:
Overall Level: 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Animayhem Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:01 am

If you have not done so yet, I would suggest a facebook account entitled Dorhal. There is a NWN facebook page to put the link and one of the other pws I play on has its own page.

I do believe facebook is used more than the Bioware Social site still good to keep.
Animayhem
Animayhem
Forum Oracle

Number of posts : 2213
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Charia/Arys
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level: 30/30

Back to top Go down

Post  GM_ODA Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm allergic to facebook - so don't have any pages there BUT I would fully endorse any of our forum regulars or even a small team of them assembling such a facebook page for the server (please coordinate with me if you need text or other materials).

Shar - I understand you are not throwing in the towel friend. My purpose was to illustrate that the changes thrust upon us might not be all bad. Not only do we have excellent rank going into this, but the community is banding together to create a replacement for the services lost with these sudden changes. In the interim, instead of a system that has historically funnelled most new players to a handful of already populated sites (not always because they were great servers but because they were populated), we will have a system where other things like word-of-mouth, search positioning, wiki and facebook presence, forum activity and 'doorman' service in the chatroom can bring more players to the servers that best perform these essential forms of outreach to the community.

THIS server's community possesses the spirit of cooperation that will foster growth. I forsee some consolidation among servers, surely, some hosts will simply give up, some won't possess the skills needed among their own playerbase. Fewer servers, each playing a better game of promotion both of their server and the game itself will carry NWN forward for another ten years at least - unless someone brings us another powerfully-simple toolkit to which we can migrate.

It is now more important than ever for our ARGENTUM REGIO PLAYERBASE to show a presence on the official NWN site - [url=BIOWARE FORUMS]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/subindex/153[/url] - to regularly tell the NWN community and especially those new to NWN that this server exists and is active. The sub-boards there include one setup just for
and [url=GUILDS]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/194/index[/url] and another just for [url=Persistent Worlds]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/189/index[/url] (like ours).

If you are founding or running a GUILD you should post on the bioware board to alert other PLAYERS beyond our own playerbase, that you are doing so and that you would welcome new members. Once a month or thereabouts, as long as the invitation stands, bump that message with some additional words of encouragement to rally more PLAYERS to join your GUILD.

It is truly sad that most of our playerbase is not psychic, but from this we can infer that the rest of the NWN audience is also not psychic. Therefore the NWN audience needs us to tell them that our server exists by these more conventional means such as posting on the bioware boards.

Likewise the Bioware board that deals with PWs such as ours needs PLAYERs and DMs to post regularly of the adventures you are running, openings in game events, and a general cordial invitation to the general NWN community to join in our role play and fun.

Be well. Game on!
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/