Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two folks enter an Inn...

5 posters

Go down

Two folks enter an Inn... Empty Two folks enter an Inn...

Post  Hacatsu Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Two not-so-rough looking fellows sit down for a couple of drinks at the Tivook Inn, and as the drinks go, their voices get lounder, to a point where their conversation shows up to be an rather interesting one:

"I tell ye! White as snow, the beast's fur shine upon the moonlight just like a polished metal. Its howl was terrifying!" - Says the first folk, an man apperantly of age about 30. The light of the Inn's torches made his bald head shine just like a pot. His eyepatch make you think if what he says is true or not. Then, his friend, a fat, tall, bearded fellow, munching on a piece of meat, gulps up his ale, (sharing a bit of the tasty drink with his beard) roughly cleans his mouth and with a slight burp, he replies:

"Now now, hold a second... Lemme check if I got this story right. Ye say, ye was traveling back from Humfoodale, ye met an old friend of yours there and stayed fer about the whole day! Drinking and sharing adventuring stories, and when ye realized, it was 'bout night already! Ye decided to head to Tivook - not the brigthest idea, a drunktard traveling these roads by night, you were ASKING to be killed! - anyway... as ye reached near Tivook, ye were attacked by a pack of goblins!" - the man rolls his eyes at this, shakes head and continues - "And out of nowhere, you heard a howl..." - the first man nods and says under his breath "aye, aye" - "The goblins were terrifyed by the howl, and didn't attacked, instead, they runned away... This is where this 'white beast' comes, aye?" - the first man gives a slight nod - "The white beast slaughtered one by one of them goblins, completely ignoring you, and doing that, the beast saved yer life...?" - the fat man stops, holding his cup of ale, frowing at the bald one.

"Exacly! The white beast jumped out of the woods, howling, barking and growling, the goblins runned away scared as heck! From their expressions and the way they pointed their fingers at the monster, it wasn't the first time this happened." - The bald man scratches his head.

"This is the biggest lie I've heard from yer wapping mouth pal! Ye should really stop with all 'dis drinking!" - The fat man shakes his head, and sighs. The bald man gets frustrated at this, hitting his fist at the table, and with a frown and voice raised, he yells at his friend.

"Cursed be my soul if I'm lying you nitwit! I don't know where the beast came from, or why it attacked the goblins so ferociously, but I wouldn't stay there and wait for my turn to come! As the beast was busy with them goblins, and them goblins busy losing their limbs, I saw the chance and seized it! That's why I'm here to tell ye 'dis story!" - The bald man then lowers his tone, as now he realized all the unwanted attention that he got to himself, not to mention the mean look from the Innkeeper.

Days goes on, and stories like these become more frequent, some unknown white beast, roaming the west road. And the stories do not seem to be only rumours, as proofs were found, such as: bandits, goblins and other dangerous monsters were found lifeless, mauled by animal claws, and some trails of big footprints that seemed to be like those of a giant wolf, able to walk on two legs. Some forest paths that the beast supposely took as an escape route, were found aswell due to broken branches and a white fur in brushes and on the ground. The activity of this white beast increases in the nights of all 14, 15 and 16 days of the months.

// I wouldn't mind if you people commented on this topic Razz ... just so I could know your PC's opinions on these rumours. And this would be some form of interaction with you people, as my PC gave me the finger, I won't be IG for some time...  scratch 

Hacatsu
Hacatsu
Forum Courtier

Male Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-12-05

Character sheet
Character Name: Drurazor Urnagahaz
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Two folks enter an Inn... Empty Re: Two folks enter an Inn...

Post  LadyAloura Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

*Lia sits in the inn as she thinking about some of the days that have been going on.As she sits in the inn she begins to listen to the stories curious to who the white werewolf might be or if it's the only one she knows that is just keeping busy out in the forest*

LadyAloura
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2014-02-11

Character sheet
Character Name: Mialee
Race: Elf
Overall Level: 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Elgate Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:54 am

Grace is always keeping an ear open for any lycan related rumours. She supposes it's part of her duty, albeit a duty that had little to no standing anymore- it's not like the treaty is anything more than a piece of paper. Or empty promises. But these rumours of a white wolf, that could walk on two legs...

Grace remembered another white wolf, a few years ago. Ajax. The lycan who triggered another outbreak of lycan hunting. She wasn't sure how people would react to these rumours. Some lycans refused to believe Ajax was dead- Ajax was gathering power and strength, to fight for lycan superiority. There would be lycans who would believe that this new white wolf was either Ajax come again- or a new visionary. Even if this new white wolf seemed more.. benevolent.

Rumours about lycans was always bad news though. Rumours like those brought hunters with them, made people think about lycans again. And people didn't tend to think nice things about lycans...

If this wolf was running around Tivook, Jax should know about it. She needed to pay him a visit.
Elgate
Elgate
Forum Sage

Female Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Grace Fennerset
Race: Human
Overall Level: 30

Back to top Go down

Post  Absol 13 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 am

aria as we she was taking an order at tivook, over heard the story and smiled to her self
she thought "It's either.... well..another lycan.. or.. Possibly jax.. hrm.. who knows, may have to do some investigating"
And with that she simply took an order and smiled

"probably means hunters will be back too, I hate them too much, this wont be good."
And while thinking on that, she set to cleaning the table
Absol 13
Absol 13
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2012-03-12

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Half-Elf
Overall Level:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragdoll_Knight Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:48 pm

An Elf maiden garbed in black clothing, two short swords sheathed on her hip and a quiver on her back, sits in the back with her hood up. No one would recall her entering, but she sits quietly in the back sharpening one of the short swords that gleams brightly in the candlelight listening to the chatter, picking apart rumors for the truth behind them.
Ragdoll_Knight
Ragdoll_Knight
Forum Sage

Male Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony
Race: Human
Overall Level: 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down