Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer Server 24x7 Now with NWN and NWN:EE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion

2 posters

Go down

Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion Empty Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion

Post  eve_of_disaster Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 am

An absolutely breathtaking amount of transitions are broken in the Esrogoth area, around the citadel. Some broken near Ilfaw Fen central forces you to try and travel around huge areas to get to where you want. Sometimes you can go through a transitions in one direction without being able to come back the same way.

There's a number of invisible transitions of which a few doesn't even work, around the lizardcave.

I've been forced to "commit suicide through fireballs" on a number of occasions when a transition has forced me to stay in a certain area (for example in the northern most parts of the Tivook grid, where a character without the ability to jump up on hills is doomed to walk until starving). I'd suggest making rope's able to be targettable ontop of cliffsides if you are close enough, but whereever you are. Currently the rope doesn't seem to work at all (or I'm doing it completely wrong).
eve_of_disaster
eve_of_disaster
Forum Courtier

Female Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race: Human
Overall Level: 40

Back to top Go down

Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion Empty Re: Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion

Post  GM_ODA Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 am

Thank you for your feedback.

There is a method to the madness on climbing. In RL there are some places where you could use a rope and climb and some places where it would NOT work. As a builder, there are times when I WANT to limit where you can go, as by cliffs and such. As a builder I place the climb points (usually near overhanging rocks or trees btw). There _is_ a hard to find item (cough rogue stuff cough cough) such as a grappling hook which allows climbing up most places.

I know there are some broken trans out there in the newer areas (which are being reviewed and improved as bugs are reported). The new eastern citadel areas are prime examples, but note, some triggers are a little picky - if you find one that does not seem to work, step out of it and then mouse click in it - let the system do its thing, sometimes a trigger does not work well with cursor movement - but we are working on that.

If you find a broken transition, please report the area so I can fix it. The wand of misc, target self will give you all the pertinent data. If you like, I can give you a tool called the GATHOM which will port you out of places if you get stuck. Sorry about the 'ugly beta death' you suffered, I'm working as fast as can be to fix broken transitions.

Be well. Game on.
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion Empty Re: Broken Transitions and a rope suggestion

Post  GM_ODA Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:10 am

BTW, if you are online a lot, we will issue a Gathom to you so you can avoid such problems as being 'stuck' due to a broken trans. Ask a DM.

GM_ODA
GM_ODA
GM_ODA
Forum Oracle

Male Number of posts : 3070
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Character sheet
Character Name: Firkin Alechugger
Race: Dwarf
Overall Level: 11

https://web.archive.org/web/20151106073532/http://playnwn.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down